V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 19, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #21,826 of 23,366
My top band has that too just couldn't see it in the photo I guess.

I bought it second hand from someone who bought it from DWI Digital Photography, which a lot of people hate because they don't honour warranties but seen not situations of fakes. He gave me the receipt of his purchase from DWI too.

The sticker also definitely seemed removed so not sure what that means...

EDIT: perhaps a bit philosophically, what is a fake? I mean the build quality on these is superb, it comes with all the accessories it was meant to come with, it sounds pretty great...if it's a fake someone did a bang up job with it :/ (my suspicion is more that it's some stolen shipment being sold off for cheaper which might explain the removed serial numbers...)

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #21,827 of 23,366
My top band has that too just couldn't see it in the photo I guess.

I bought it second hand from someone who bought it from DWI Digital Photography, which a lot of people hate because they don't honour warranties but seen not situations of fakes. He gave me the receipt of his purchase from DWI too.

The sticker also definitely seemed removed so not sure what that means...

Apologies, just couldn't see the embossed text in the pic.

Maybe the guy you bought it from has a thing for removing stickers. To be honest the sound quality isn't the top of the line so maybe you just don't like the sound from these. the bass hits hard but that's about it IMO. Others rave about them but I gave up on them a while ago.

Jul 20, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #21,829 of 23,366
  Yeah they're pretty good but not THE best as a lot of people said. Maybe not fake just too real :p

Just needs some further qualification probably (the best out of what?). For "fun" closed cans powered by an iPhone, they do pretty well IMO. Even after "upgrading" multiple times since getting my M-100s, I still break them out for the right kind of music. And, they've taken some serious abuse along the way...

Jul 20, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #21,830 of 23,366
Just needs some further qualification probably (the best out of what?). For "fun" closed cans powered by an iPhone, they do pretty well IMO. Even after "upgrading" multiple times since getting my M-100s, I still break them out for the right kind of music. And, they've taken some serious abuse along the way...

Well, actually, you're right. For what they are at their price they are a fun sounding coloured headphone with enormous bass slam. Sometimes a product can get overhyped though which is more what I was trying to say.

Jul 20, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #21,831 of 23,366
Welp, my buddy listened to these for 45 seconds then declared "it sounded like a new song" and proceeded to buy a pair at my strong recommendation. Kudos, Val :wink:.

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #21,832 of 23,366
Wow, I just realized that there is no product I've bought in a very long time I love as much as the M-100. Excellent coming from a fairly-seasoned audiophile.

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #21,833 of 23,366
  Wow, I just realized that there is no product I've bought in a very long time I love as much as the M-100. Excellent coming from a fairly-seasoned audiophile.

don't have to be an audiophile to enjoy good sound my friend

I'm no audiophile, just like to jam out and listen to them tunes
beyersmile.png

Jul 20, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #21,834 of 23,366
  On the Vmoda website it says " Immersive 3D Soundstage", but does the M100 really have big soundstage? or at least above average? thx.

On this same topic thread, see this post, and this post of mine (click each of those links) to see your question about soundstage answered!  
wink_face.gif

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #21,836 of 23,366
  How much life time can I expect from the M100's? I've seen many critical comments on Amazon saying that the right cup or the left cup stops working after 3 months.

If there is a problem, V-Moda's customer support is quite good. That said, I've had four V-Moda cans and they are built like a tank. I've traveled extensively with the M-100 (and the XS). I squished them, dropped them, etc. - They still look like new and work just fine.

Jul 20, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #21,838 of 23,366
Well, actually, you're right. For what they are at their price they are a fun sounding coloured headphone with enormous bass slam. Sometimes a product can get overhyped though which is more what I was trying to say.

I actually like the sound of these from  my DX90 or Oppo HA2, they do sound a bit muddy with my Fiio X5 or X3. They are a bit colored but the Sabre DACs help with that.

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #21,839 of 23,366
How much life time can I expect from the M100's? I've seen many critical comments on Amazon saying that the right cup or the left cup stops working after 3 months.
Mine's survived a frozen dip & is still running a-ok!!

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #21,840 of 23,366

There may be an under 1% failure rate but I have faith in V-MODA's warranty regardless.

Speaking of V-MODA's warranty, does anyone know if the infinite life coverage is a half-off discount off the current price or off the original purchase price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back