V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 31, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #1,008 of 1,160
Sep 6, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #1,009 of 1,160
Head-Fi friends, here is a special contest that will partially reveal why we partnered with Roland....  

GUESS HERE (FB link) the # of new products Roland and its partner companies are launching (over 30!) and SHARE to Win Crossfade Wireless + 3D 14k Gold-Plated Shields ($850)!

GUESS NOW AND WIN LINK ON FACEBOOK

Comment the # of Products Unleashed and launched on our parent co. Roland #909day (September 9th). Try as many times as you like - only once per comment.

BONUS CHANCE! Win another Crossfade Wireless + 3d 14k Gold-Plated Shields here, Sign Up here: 

V-MODA.com/Subscribe 

Contest ends on 9/10, 12pm PST. Winners chosen at random.

Hint it is a lot more than 30 and there is a special partnership product with Serato DJ.... see more information here on the schedule of the 24 hour launch event!

http://tfr.roland.com/global/timetable

​

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #1,011 of 1,160
Quote:
Couldn't pinpoint it but it def doesn't sound like the m100 - it was lacking perhaps the quality of the bass or just something was missing... 

Originally Posted by dcfac73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The wireless sounds muddy in comparison to the m100 IMO.

Hmm....to me the Wireless leans closer towards tonal balance than the M100 (but that's not to say the Wireless is completely tonally balanced), but I didn't find the Wireless to be muddy.

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #1,012 of 1,160
Hmm....to me the Wireless leans closer towards tonal balance than the M100 (but that's not to say the Wireless is completely tonally balanced), but I didn't find the Wireless to be muddy.
maybe I shouldve said darker indstead of muddy. The highs seem to be more rolled off on the cfw, but the mids are more prominent.

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #1,013 of 1,160
I never compared them 2 directly, but the CFW fits more with the "bassy EDM headphones" profile that I initially imagined about VModa. It was also the first VModa that I used extensively, but I now I have the M100 and I like it more

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #1,016 of 1,160
They are pretty dang close. Seriously.

Close but not close enough for my ears, that's why I stick with the m-100 now and have sold the wireless.  Having no wires is great, but at the end, I prefer to have the m100 sound signature and the collapsibility of the m100 design.

Oct 12, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #1,017 of 1,160
  Close but not close enough for my ears, that's why I stick with the m-100 now and have sold the wireless.  Having no wires is great, but at the end, I prefer to have the m100 sound signature and the collapsibility of the m100 design.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I 100% agree...I use my regular M100s way more often because of the portability advantages.  The sound, wired, sounds almost identical...so if you're using them wired, M100 all the way.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #1,018 of 1,160

Oh, don't get me wrong, I 100% agree...I use my regular M100s way more often because of the portability advantages.  The sound, wired, sounds almost identical...so if you're using them wired, M100 all the way.

I have the wireless on loan now and I have a chance to buy them cheap with XL pads but I was reluctant because they don't sound the same to me as the M100, which I heard before sometime back. You have both right and they sound indistinguishable wired? 

Oct 18, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #1,019 of 1,160
  I have the wireless on loan now and I have a chance to buy them cheap with XL pads but I was reluctant because they don't sound the same to me as the M100, which I heard before sometime back. You have both right and they sound indistinguishable wired? 

To me, the highs are a little more extended, but ever so slightly...but that's the only difference I can notice between the M100 and the M100 Wireless.  So yeah, its pretty damn difficult to tell them apart in wired mode.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #1,020 of 1,160
Hi, after a thorough reading of the almost 70 pages of this thread i decided to go for the wireless version. They're 50 euros more expensive than the 100's here, but even if i will mainly use them wired i still like the possibility to remove the cables if needed. Plus the wireless version has the design i really want (Phantom Chrome), the m100's have it too but it was an exclusivity for Microsoft US and they absolutely can't be found here (France).

But my question is more about customization. I know i could have had a free customization by ordering directly through V Moda website, but the Shipping fees and import taxes were tremendous, not to mention the huge delay to get them, so i will just go through amazon Prime as i need the headphones as soon as possible. Still, i'm going to want some customized shield later, but there's a few things i don't understand.

- When i try to buy custom shields and i'm being asked for the base color of my headphones, Phantom Chrome doesn't appear, only the 3 other colours. Is that an issue and which one should i select to create shields for the Phantom Chrome ?
- I want to upload my own logo design to customize the shields, but i don't get the difference between 3D printed and Laser engraved. What would look better for a personal logo design ?

Also i'd love to see some customized shields owners made, so if you feel like it, post the photos of your uniques headphones. Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back