V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Apr 29, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #1,546 of 2,828

Quote:

I was walking through Chinatown in NYC and for people who don't know the area, very noisy, very crowded, and my mom could hear me perfectly on the other line, so i am very happy with the new design. Having the mic nice and close to my mouth is working perfectly.

On a side note, I was looking forward to the audio-only cable and fader vips that Val mentioned as part of the VTF promo, but they didn't come with the M-80s, so I'm just wondering what happened to them

I can't wait to rock my M-80s around MIT though (my college).

YES, so happy to hear this about the new mic... and ironically, I did final testing of new mics on 5th Ave and all around NYC and it worked like a charm!  I really wanted to mimic "city life" and I had 3 models to choose from for final MP.  

Other parts are being sent, I apologize we had some major issues with our failover monitor server and we were a bit out of sync of setting up the promo in the system. 

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #1,547 of 2,828
This just in, 310 pictures from the Village Meet and V-MODA After party... some of the DJs wore white M-80s...

http://www.head-fi.org/gallery/image/view/album/612229/id/591511

Quite amazing!  what was your fav pic?

DJS:

1. Val Kolton
  2. Soxxi (my gf)
  3. Reid Speed (Alex's from Audeze wife)
  4. Lea Luna
  5. Alex (Audeze)

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #1,548 of 2,828

Quote:

YES, so happy to hear this about the new mic... and ironically, I did final testing of new mics on 5th Ave and all around NYC and it worked like a charm!  I really wanted to mimic "city life" and I had 3 models to choose from for final MP.  

Other parts are being sent, I apologize we had some major issues with our failover monitor server and we were a bit out of sync of setting up the promo in the system. 

Very awesome, can't wait to get it all, this extra gear is going to come in handy! Thanks again for everything Val, much appreciated.

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #1,549 of 2,828
Damn Val, that definitely looked like a fun party/gathering. Something worthy of flying over. Great place you have there too.

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #1,550 of 2,828

Quote:

MIC
The new white model has new "speak easy" mics, we split up the mic from the controls to minimize cable noise and optimized the filters (they had a lengthy divorce).  We are shipping the White M-80s in a few weeks and we are building the cables right now for purchase seperately.  For early adopter M-80 owners, I'll come up with a fair deal to get them.  I literally can walk down 5th Ave NYC with Taxis honking and it sounds great on the other end and SIRI works.

Yeah if the new cable is as good as y'all are saying I would definitely like to pic one up for my current M-80 :)

Apr 30, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #1,551 of 2,828
Though my last post seems to have flown under the radar, I'll ask one more thing: Val, will both 3-button and 1-button versions of the new mic cables be made available to current M-80 owners (either with or without the discount)? As a non-iOS user (but Android devotee), I'd only have use for a 1-button variant -- and I wanna make sure it's not just Apple owners feeling the love...
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #1,552 of 2,828
I had the pleasure of spending yesterday trying out my new M80's.  First off, I'd like to give props to whoever was the designer of the headphone did a great job!!  These things are unique and very cool.  They are a lot smaller than I imagined they would be.  Even watching videos and seeing pics I still didn't think they were that small.  Also, whoever created the packing, big kudos.  It was all top notch.  Sometimes the top notch packing comes with a price though...poor quality headphones.  This time it isn't the case. 

I think after reading all the reviews and seeing videos I think I knew what I was getting into with regards to sound.  What I didn't expect was the size of the sound.  I am pretty blown away by how big these tiny headphones sound.  I am really impressed by the whole headphone however.  The sound is great....solid bass but not slamming or overpowering in any way.  The mids blend in very nicely.  If there is one small drawback for me personally, I wish they had a little more shimmer on the highs.  But that's nitpicking, because the highs are good...they just don't shimmer as much as I would like.  Overall though, I'm extremely impressed.  This is my first set of VModa's I have ever owned....I'm definitely a fan!  A lot of headphone company's out there could learn a lot from the entire experience with this product.  Design, packaging to sound. 

This one's a for certain everyday user. 

Apr 30, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #1,555 of 2,828
I had the pleasure of spending yesterday trying out my new M80's.  First off, I'd like to give props to whoever was the designer of the headphone did a great job!!  These things are unique and very cool.  They are a lot smaller than I imagined they would be.  Even watching videos and seeing pics I still didn't think they were that small.  Also, whoever created the packing, big kudos.  It was all top notch.  Sometimes the top notch packing comes with a price though...poor quality headphones.  This time it isn't the case. 

I think after reading all the reviews and seeing videos I think I knew what I was getting into with regards to sound.  What I didn't expect was the size of the sound.  I am pretty blown away by how big these tiny headphones sound.  I am really impressed by the whole headphone however.  The sound is great....solid bass but not slamming or overpowering in any way.  The mids blend in very nicely.  If there is one small drawback for me personally, I wish they had a little more shimmer on the highs.  But that's nitpicking, because the highs are good...they just don't shimmer as much as I would like.  Overall though, I'm extremely impressed.  This is my first set of VModa's I have ever owned....I'm definitely a fan!  A lot of headphone company's out there could learn a lot from the entire experience with this product.  Design, packaging to sound. 

This one's a for certain everyday user. 

Very nice assessment of the sound, I couldn't agree more. I've had these for several months now and I'm still blown away by how big the sound is. It's an incredible feat and it's why I can't wait for the M-100. Also vocals on a headphone have never sounded better IMO. Very natural. V-MODA is definitely the most promising manufacturer right now.

Apr 30, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #1,556 of 2,828

Quote:
Seems like my last post had been ingnored but i really need to know whether V Moda warranty is international?

I'm not certain but I don't think it is. Again I'm not certain but I believe it is at the least different international.

May 1, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #1,559 of 2,828

Quote:

MIC
The new white model has new "speak easy" mics, we split up the mic from the controls to minimize cable noise and optimized the filters (they had a lengthy divorce).  We are shipping the White M-80s in a few weeks and we are building the cables right now for purchase seperately.  For early adopter M-80 owners, I'll come up with a fair deal to get them.  I literally can walk down 5th Ave NYC with Taxis honking and it sounds great on the other end and SIRI works.

I will probably purchase this ASAP, even though I might not use them with my phone as much anymore. I just finished a Cmoy BB, and oh. my. word. These sound SIGNIFICANTLY better amped imo, so it secured my decision to purchase the M-100's in the summer :wink:

Also, how could I obtain a pair of replacement M-80 pads? I'm finally starting to work on my velour pad idea, I couldn't find any donors of HD25 velour pads to merge the two, so I'm thinking of trying to make them from scratch (this should be fun 
rolleyes.gif
)

May 1, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #1,560 of 2,828

Quote:
Hey guys this is my first post so be nice :L

I got my M-80's about 7 months ago, about two months ago the left sides up/down adjusting "Y" brackets clicks went fainter, now the clicks have disappeared all together. Anyone know how to fix this? and if it cant be fixed is it covered in the warranty?

Thanks

Could somebody please answer this? thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back