V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Apr 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #1,516 of 2,828

Quote:
Is it normal for one side to sound slightly louder than the other? BTW, just got it from amazon. Bought it based on the reviews on this thread.

If your on a laptop check if one channel is louder than the other, my laptop does this a lot at low volumes. If your not on a laptop try a different source and see if it persists.

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #1,517 of 2,828

Quote:
Is it normal for one side to sound slightly louder than the other? BTW, just got it from amazon. Bought it based on the reviews on this thread.

http://www.digital-recordings.com/hearing-test/www-ht-pro/ht_help_p.html

Try this with a different pair of headphones and then try it with your M-80. See if it's your hearing or your headphones. If it's the headphones and they have a channel imbalance, I'd just request an exchange from Amazon. 

Also you don't have to do the whole test but make sure you check a couple of high, low and mid frequencies as the differences in those might be what's causing your perception. 

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #1,518 of 2,828
Can you guys help me out? I would like to know how do the m80's compare to the ath m50's. I am looking for well balanced headphones with good bass for electronic,trance generes of music. Thanks for the help.

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #1,519 of 2,828

Quote:

Also, the cord sometimes gives people problems. Flip the cord so that the 45 degree connector is plugged into your headphone and the straight plug goes into your source or try a non-V-MODA audio cable.

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #1,520 of 2,828

Quote:
Can you guys help me out? I would like to know how do the m80's compare to the ath m50's. I am looking for well balanced headphones with good bass for electronic,trance generes of music. Thanks for the help.

I think the M-80s are much better for your genres and better balanced in general vs. the M50s. The M-80 has better extension and punch IMO while the M50 also has a big emphasis on treble which I think would be a little annoying for your genres. I love electronica on the M-80s - good soundstage and no fatigue.

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #1,521 of 2,828

Quote:

I think the M-80s are much better for your genres and better balanced in general vs. the M50s. The M-80 has better extension and punch IMO while the M50 also has a big emphasis on treble which I think would be a little annoying for your genres. I love electronica on the M-80s - good soundstage and no fatigue.

Thank you for your help. I will be going for the m80's after reading tons of positive reviews =)

Apr 26, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #1,522 of 2,828
Man if only i had money, they look awesome!

Today a friend pulled the cord on my M-80s while i was wearing them on my head and they smacked down to the ground and the left shield scratched, also the left wing plate and the left of the earcup plastic just above the shield scratched a bit to. Needless to say i started raging because i baby my M80s so much for that to just happen. Lol

Anyway I would trade my Shadows in for a Pearl White one in a heartbeat.

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #1,525 of 2,828

Quote:

Nah, it's very minor.  I honestly wouldn't bother if the M-80s are the only headphones you have that you wanted to amp.  They are very sensitive.

+1. The M-80 sounds great directly out of a 4g touch.

Apr 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #1,528 of 2,828
The VTF (White M-80s) are still available on V-MODA's website. Can you on-the-fence guys please buy them so I can stop adding them to my cart and freaking out every 10 minutes? I really cannot afford them but the dark(light) side keeps infringing on my logical faculties.

Stop looking at the pictures.

I'm about to start selling my music for headphone money.

Apr 27, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #1,529 of 2,828
Actually I think we may be sold out now, I'll allow 1 or 2 more!!!  

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #1,530 of 2,828
Hey guys this is my first post so be nice :L

I got my M-80's about 7 months ago, about two months ago the left sides up/down adjusting "Y" brackets clicks went fainter, now the clicks have disappeared all together. Anyone know how to fix this? and if it cant be fixed is it covered in the warranty?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back