V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Apr 12, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #1,411 of 2,828
Hi all,

I have just got a pair of M-80 from Amazon Warehouse UK and I'm slightly concerned that the wording on the headband is the wrong way round. If i look at them top down the V-MODA logo is upside down. Photo's I've seen of other sets show the logo the other way round. My concern is that they may be fake or tampered with in some way. Has anyone else had the logo the wrong way round? See photo below.

Cheers

Jim

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #1,412 of 2,828

Quote:
Hi all,

I have just got a pair of M-80 from Amazon Warehouse UK and I'm slightly concerned that the wording on the headband is the wrong way round. If i look at them top down the V-MODA logo is upside down. Photo's I've seen of other sets show the logo the other way round. My concern is that they may be fake or tampered with in some way. Has anyone else had the logo the wrong way round? See photo below.

Cheers

Jim

You should be alright.  I got mine straight from V-Moda and they are the same as yours.

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #1,413 of 2,828
My logo is the same as yours and i bought it from a verified dealer.  It would make more sense to have it the way you suggest though.  That way when i take them off my ears and put them around my neck the v-moda logo would be seen by anyone behind me.  I did a google search and found pictures of the logo both ways.... weird.

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #1,415 of 2,828
The orientation makes sense of you wear your cans like E. Morillo does :)

Quote:
Hi all,

Cheers

Jim

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #1,416 of 2,828
Quote:
I think that because the M-80 is more portable than the LP line (which do come with one audio only/one 3-button mic cable) V-MODA probably wanted to cover all the cell-user bases by having one iDevice-compatible 3-button cable and one all-around single-button cellphone cable. I, too, wish that we could specify which cables we want when we buy the headphones, but I guess that would probably be cost-prohibitive in that it would require several packaging combos or even custom packing orders. I suppose V-MODA wants to keep their prices competitive, and every little bit of efficiency counts!  On the downside, it's a little wasteful; I haven't even unwrapped the single-button cable, because I have an iPhone and the three-button works great. 

By the way . . . anyone want to trade? I have an unused single-button M-80 cable and I'm looking for a V-MODA audio-only cable 
dt880smile.png

bingo... it costs us an arm and a leg to include two microphone cables, but this way we can have a universal SKU.  I wish I could include an AO cable too, but that is why we do the promos with an audio-only + 1/4" adapter on V-MODA.com

As a tip, if the 1-button/3-button doesnt work in your amp, try reversing the cable around.

Cheers,

-v

I do think the M80 with just a single cable and without the case would be a fantastic seller if priced at under $100. Many such as myself don't have an ipod. We use other brands of mp3 players. I have no need for a hard case for a headphone(The wooden cases some headphones are sold in seem like a coffin for the headphone). I read an article stating that 94% of headphone sales are for headphones under $100. In terms of units, this might translate to less than 2% of headphone units sold being over $100.

http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-02-24/industries/31094075_1_headphone-market-bob-marley-marley-family

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #1,417 of 2,828
Wow. OK I just read all 95 pages of this and placed the order for the M-80. I'm a dead man when I get home. LOL

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #1,418 of 2,828
The way to get your wife to not be angry is to establish a rule.

Your electronics+ clothing and shoe+ hair care spending must not exceed her clothing+shoe+cosmetics+hair and nail care spending. If you are both allowed the same amount for this personal spending it seems fair.

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #1,419 of 2,828

Quote:
Wow. OK I just read all 95 pages of this and placed the order for the M-80. I'm a dead man when I get home. LOL

To be honest, I read at most first 3,4 pages and last few pages. Watches video reviews on Youtube and bbbaaammm placed order for M-80.
You must have a lot of time and energy but I bet reading all those must have been fun 
L3000.gif

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #1,420 of 2,828

Quote:
To be honest, I read at most first 3,4 pages and last few pages. Watches video reviews on Youtube and bbbaaammm placed order for M-80.
You must have a lot of time and energy but I bet reading all those must have been fun 
L3000.gif

It's pretty slow here at work. :wink:

Apr 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #1,422 of 2,828
It seems this video gets posted every few weeks :frowning2: 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/578207/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-reviews/1350#post_8261177

Apr 12, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #1,423 of 2,828

Quote:
Hi all,

Cheers

Jim

Hm. Mine are the other way (I got them directly from V-MODA). So that when I put them around my neck, you'll be able to read V-MODA from behind. *shrug* It's all good. I'm happy with the way mine is and prefer it that way.

Apr 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #1,424 of 2,828
Really? Even with the cable connection on the left earcup? OOooohh...AAAhhhhh :) Neat-o complete-o.

Quote:
Hm. Mine are the other way (I got them directly from V-MODA). So that when I put them around my neck, you'll be able to read V-MODA from behind. *shrug* It's all good. I'm happy with the way mine is and prefer it that way.

Apr 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #1,425 of 2,828

Quote:
Hi all,

Cheers

Jim

You're in the U.K. Maybe over there, V-MODA drives on the other side of the headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back