V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Apr 12, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #1,426 of 2,828

Quote:
You're in the U.K. Maybe over there, V-MODA drives on the other side of the headband.

ROTFL, I actually have been going back and forth about this so we have done it both ways.  Most DJs wear them forward while playing, this is why we flipped it.

BLAME CHUCKIE, NERVO AND MORILLO they are the ones that talked me into it!

I think in the future, the more DJ-focused products will be forward up (sweatband/sunglass look), and consumers back up (around neck).   The (good) problem we have is that our SAME products are used for both consumers & DJs.  Its pretty rare that the same product can excel at both.

Now you know how part of our product development is determined, its authentic!   I'm in Vegas writing a press release now for a new product FADERS VIP, to finish it up I'm going to use them @ Tao Beach where my girlfriend SOXXI is spinning tonight.    

PS - WHITE M-80 PHOTOSHOOT IS DONE, the pics are SOO sick.  I'll tease soon, so stay tuned.

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #1,427 of 2,828
Remind me in a few weeks to tell you the M-80 Stevie Wonder story! He added two features.

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #1,428 of 2,828
Nice no need to worry about peoples being Fugazi then! 
gs1000.gif

Quote:
ROTFL, I actually have been going back and forth about this so we have done it both ways.  Most DJs wear them forward while playing, this is why we flipped it.

BLAME CHUCKIE, NERVO AND MORILLO they are the ones that talked me into it!

I think in the future, the more DJ-focused products will be forward up (sweatband/sunglass look), and consumers back up (around neck).   The (good) problem we have is that our SAME products are used for both consumers & DJs.  Its pretty rare that the same product can excel at both.

Now you know how part of our product development is determined, its authentic!   I'm in Vegas writing a press release now for a new product FADERS VIP, to finish it up I'm going to use them @ Tao Beach where my girlfriend SOXXI is spinning tonight.    

PS - WHITE M-80 PHOTOSHOOT IS DONE, the pics are SOO sick.  I'll tease soon, so stay tuned.

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #1,430 of 2,828
Apr 14, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #1,432 of 2,828
Greetings to everyone,

Really interested in the M-80/V-80, but I would like to know how it fares with female vocal presentation(Yuki Kajiura's works, if anyone is familiar with them)? Are they intimate headphones or more of the passive kind? These portables are a real eye candy, plus the tank-like structure is a wonderful bonus. I've read up on the product reviews, but would like some direct input from others... :D

Thanks!

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #1,433 of 2,828
Vocals IMO are one of the best aspects of the M-80s. I don't think I've heard vocals as natural and smooth before. Both female and male vocals shine on these headphones. They're pretty intimate but at the same time they have good soundstage for such a small can.

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #1,434 of 2,828

Quote:
Greetings to everyone,

Really interested in the M-80/V-80, but I would like to know how it fares with female vocal presentation(Yuki Kajiura's works, if anyone is familiar with them)? Are they intimate headphones or more of the passive kind? These portables are a real eye candy, plus the tank-like structure is a wonderful bonus. I've read up on the product reviews, but would like some direct input from others... :D

Thanks!

I listen to a lot of female Kpop(SNSD, 2NE1, T-ARA, BoA) and I love the way my V-80s make them sound. They also do well with the deeper voice of Lana Del Ray, although the bass lines in her songs can be fatiguing. You're obviously very interested in these headphones so why don't you just give them a try? V-MODA has the 60-day test drive so if you don't like them for any reason, you can just return them, no questions asked. I'll bet you won't want to, though.

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #1,437 of 2,828

Quote:
I listen to a lot of female Kpop(SNSD, 2NE1, T-ARA, BoA) and I love the way my V-80s make them sound. They also do well with the deeper voice of Lana Del Ray, although the bass lines in her songs can be fatiguing. You're obviously very interested in these headphones so why don't you just give them a try? V-MODA has the 60-day test drive so if you don't like them for any reason, you can just return them, no questions asked. I'll bet you won't want to, though.

Yeah...I'm a sucker for the design, not to mention the accessories that come with it. Thanks for your input! Will share my thoughts once I get my hands on them :)

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #1,440 of 2,828
Mine will be here tomorrow. I'll have to buy some quality time with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back