V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Apr 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #1,381 of 2,828

Quote:
I have that exact cMoy. First, JDS Labs is an awesome company to deal with--very professional and communicative. Second, the cMoyBB is impressively built and really does a nice job of boosting bass without muddying up the rest of the sounds. Total win all around. You should be pretty happy with it. 

cMoy took 2 days to ship and it performs way beyond expectations. Pumps plenty of bass through my V-80s. Also expands the soundstage on MW3 which is very helpful. Throwing knives. It's all about the throwing knives.

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #1,383 of 2,828

Quote:
Nobody does their own logos?

I tried to design my own, but I have no idea how to illustrate it digitally. What I was gonna do was draw a picture with a pen and photograph it. Eventually I just went with one I found on a website and I asked the guy for permission to use it. Why don't you try posting on deviantART? Most of us are here because we're audiophiles, not artists. I wish I could help. What did you have in mind?

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #1,384 of 2,828

Quote:

I tried to design my own, but I have no idea how to illustrate it digitally. What I was gonna do was draw a picture with a pen and photograph it. Eventually I just went with one I found on a website and I asked the guy for permission to use it. Why don't you try posting on deviantART? Most of us are here because we're audiophiles, not artists. I wish I could help. What did you have in mind?

I see. Ok will try deviantART. I don't have much in mind, want something simple and a tad bold.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #1,385 of 2,828
I've read enough to know that I would love the V-Moda M-80, but what I really want is an over the ear headphone. I like the feel of those so much better and the only thing I see from V-Moda is the LP and LP2 which everyone clearly shouts as, "not a circumarual verion of the M-80" and not as good as the M-80, etc... Shame, because it looks like one of the coolest headphones out there! White with green accents?! Wow! I haven't heard either, but tempting to try if I find a place with a good return policy. The LP and LP2 can't sound that different from the M-80 really? Can they?

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #1,386 of 2,828

Quote:
I've read enough to know that I would love the V-Moda M-80, but what I really want is an over the ear headphone. I like the feel of those so much better and the only thing I see from V-Moda is the LP and LP2 which everyone clearly shouts as, "not a circumarual verion of the M-80" and not as good as the M-80, etc... Shame, because it looks like one of the coolest headphones out there! White with green accents?! Wow! I haven't heard either, but tempting to try if I find a place with a good return policy. The LP and LP2 can't sound that different from the M-80 really? Can they?

Yes they can. What you're looking for is the M-100.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc

The LPs are for DJs and have overpowering bass because DJs must listen to their music LOUD in order to properly hear their mixes in the crazy environments they play in. Just wait a couple months until the M-100 drops and all your needs will be met.

BTW, V-Moda offers a 60-day test drive. Order them and return them if you're not satisfied.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #1,387 of 2,828

Quote:

Reviews say they are different in sound. Crossfades are meant for DJ usage. M-80's are for audiophiles.

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #1,390 of 2,828
Everybody, been on an Island for a buddies wedding, but definitely wanted to post about the Engadget giveaway as well:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/09/engadget-giveaway-crossfade-m-80/

Will post more soon about White availability, coming soon!

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #1,393 of 2,828
Apr 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #1,394 of 2,828

Quote:
Me too!  VERY VERY SOON, photoshoot tomorrow!

Can't wait! I have to ask your opinion since you've probably seen them more then me, how do they look with custom engraved matte black shields? Also, I don't know if this has been asked before but, if I were to send in two images, could you guys put a different image on the left and right shield? I'm slowly getting into DJ/Production (Key Word: Slowly, going to be teaching myself Ableton over the summer when I have more time), and eventually want a custom shield kit with my performer name on one side and logo on the other :p Thanks!

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #1,395 of 2,828

Quote:
Can't wait! I have to ask your opinion since you've probably seen them more then me, how do they look with custom engraved matte black shields? Also, I don't know if this has been asked before but, if I were to send in two images, could you guys put a different image on the left and right shield? I'm slowly getting into DJ/Production (Key Word: Slowly, going to be teaching myself Ableton over the summer when I have more time), and eventually want a custom shield kit with my performer name on one side and logo on the other :p Thanks!

We have to charge double for the two sides/diff logos.  The main cost actually is in the art/design setup and modification.  In fact, it takes us quite a long time to setup the artwork and sometimes reprint/try it multiple times - we are doing it at nearly break-even as a service with a "reverse gillette/HP printer" philosophy.  Personally, I like actually choosing the red or the brushed better than the matte on M-80.  Matte looks better on LP/LP2 IMO.

PS M-100 shields are the same as LP2/LP so you can plan or order now...

10K/20k/30k on Engadget?
For every 10k comments I'll make a special, so join on in and CROSS(FADE) your fingers!  Contest closes tomorrow night:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/09/engadget-giveaway-crossfade-m-80/

EDIT: contest ends APRIL 10th at 11:59PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread

Back