V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Jan 13, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #797 of 2,828

Quote:
I was suprised with how neutral they were but after a good 35 hours or so of burn in I feel like the bass is more present and louder, less boomy, far more detailed, more transparent, and has superior impact.
I burned in with 12 hours music 12 hours 20hz tone and then repeat...

CAn't wait to finally burn mine in. 

Unfortunately I haven't had enough time with them.

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #800 of 2,828
There is info from Val's comments.

From what I understand, the M100 will be more bass heavy, like somewhere between the M80 and the Crossfade LP2. So that may have already decided for you, if you love bass quantity or if you're a neutrality guy.

From my experience, I'd stay away from the M80 if you plan on listening for long sessions or in really noisy environments. At home for an hour while the wife watchtes tv, fantastic. For two hours at a noisy Starbucks, too uncomfortable for my ears and not enough noise isolation.

Everyone's experience will vary though.

Quote:
I was going to buy the M80, but I am curious about these m100's. is there any info on them? Should I wait?

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #805 of 2,828
hey guys, im new to the site, but i have been keeping my eye on this particular thread for the past week. I ordered a pair of M-80's from Radioshack and I should be getting them sometime this weekend. To whoever owns the M-80's, do you recommend a burn/break in period? if so, how long should I let it break in for? a few hours? overnight? a full day? a week? or does it sound perfect right out of the box? I know that with my last 2 pairs of headphones (Klipsch S4, Soul SL150's) I let them each break in using my bass heavy play list for about 2-3 full days, and I didn't notice any difference...

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #808 of 2,828
Honestly, I never noticed any "break-in" with the M-80's. The only sonic differences I noticed came from the pads conforming to my ears. I don't have a stance on "burn-in", though.

Also, the strain releif on my 3-button cable disconnected from the plug and has exposed the inner jacket and Kevlar, and is no longer usable due to the sound cutting out. Just replaced that, though, so no big deal. Been listening to some Dead By Sunrise and Audioslave, which sound fantastic on the M-80's.

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #809 of 2,828
Quote:
I'm also looking for some help in this area. Cannot find a 300 dpi black on white image for what I want. 

You could just apply a black/white filter on PS~
That's what I did with my image lol (doesn't work too well if there are too many colors)

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #810 of 2,828
ohh hey, just remembered the other question I wanted to ask you guys. I listen to country, rap, and rock. The majority of the time I am listening to either modern rock (rise against/breaking benjamin stuff) or rap (jay-z type stuff). For anybody on here that has used these headphones for this type of music, do you have any comments on how the M-80's perform in these genres specifically?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back