V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Jan 10, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #782 of 2,828
Ugh, I think I'm the first here... I've been supplied a 'broken' V-80 from Amazon.
Both of the supplied won't make a genuine connection with the jack, they require a lot of twisting and turning to make the sound stereo instead of mono. 
Really annoying that I have to send it back since I live in Australia :| 
UGH, more money spent...

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #783 of 2,828

Quote:
If your music is at a low bit rate then this could cause it. Most people don't know but Pandora comes through at a disgusting 96 kbps. I hear a mean thump in mine with tons of impact and its sexy as h*ll man! I can definitely tell the difference between thump in the same song but the different bit rates. I use the song Blunt' Blowin' by Lil Wayne to test rap music bass and it BOOMS when I listen in 256 but sucks at 96 in Pandora.
I know some of you are thinking 256... Drab! But iTunes and stuff... Long story but I'm gonna buy a CD.

That's the same thing I thought at first. 

I tried different files and it had the same issue. Not sure if it was the mixing or if the original songs were low bit rate that I converted. But I went back and played the Saigon and some Nas that I bought from iTunes and they still didn't give me the oomp that I needed. Yet a low quality video on YouTube did the job. 

Again... this wasn't with every song, or every genre. There was a few songs where I could hear the bass clearly, but it wasn't booming as some songs are mean to be. 

But as I mentioned, once I ran the app Boom on my Mac and EQu on my iPhone all was great. 

Nice boomy yet defined bass and it never washed out any of the other frequencies. Soundstage is still there yet I get a small hint of warmth, but i still get crispy highs... I'm a happy camper, can't wait until I burn them in. 

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #784 of 2,828

Quote:
I also have equ.
The way I'm comparing the bass is by using my iPhone 4S and listening to this bass-heavy song that tests all bass frequencies. I havent heard a song so extremely bass-heavy.
With that same song, I tried on different cans and the M80 just wasn't for me. They're excellent and I felt they were more on the neutral side. 
Now I just hope the LP2 will have enough bass to satisfy my cravings. 

I would go for the LP2, but I really love how these sound overall. I don't listen to as much hip hop as I used too and the lows in classic rock music (which is what I mainly listen too) are good enough for that genre. 

But as I mentioned, once I apply those apps on both my Mac and iPhone, it's all excellent. 

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #785 of 2,828

Quote:
Don't buy from their website. They don't respond to my messages and my phone calls go unanswered. I am terribly disappointed. I wish i could get my headphones or at least see my money. To bad because i was really looking forward to reviewing these.

I have received 2 pm's from others with the same issue.

Why is this going unrecorded? Val why are you ignoring your international customers?

I warn anyone here who isn't from the states don't order these from vmoda.com. Unless vmoda solves my issue will tell everyone i know to avoid you at all costs.

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #787 of 2,828
I finally got a chance to listen to the M80s at the mall, and I loved it just one thing I feel everyone could benefit from, is a bigger band or at least the possibility of making it bigger. Also I loved the sound, honestly really really good. I'd love to see a touch more bass presence in your face on the M-100, but the M80 was smooth yet articulated at the same time. 

Jan 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #788 of 2,828

Quote:
Quote:
Don't buy from their website. They don't respond to my messages and my phone calls go unanswered. I am terribly disappointed. I wish i could get my headphones or at least see my money. To bad because i was really looking forward to reviewing these.

Why is this going unrecorded? Val why are you ignoring your international customers?

I warn anyone here who isn't from the states don't order these from vmoda.com. Unless vmoda solves my issue will tell everyone i know to avoid you at all costs.

He's probably at CES and very busy. Considering the complete anarchy of international delivery around Xmas/NY and the fact that postal services are full of thieves, it's simply not a good time of year to have something go missing. If you've PM'ed Val, give him some time. He probably has numerous PMs, emails and everything to deal with right now.

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #789 of 2,828

Quote:
He's probably at CES and very busy. Considering the complete anarchy of international delivery around Xmas/NY and the fact that postal services are full of thieves, it's simply not a good time of year to have something go missing. If you've PM'ed Val, give him some time. He probably has numerous PMs, emails and everything to deal with right now.

I got in contact and from what i understand they are sending out a new pair.

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #790 of 2,828

Quote:
That's the same thing I thought at first. 

I tried different files and it had the same issue. Not sure if it was the mixing or if the original songs were low bit rate that I converted. But I went back and played the Saigon and some Nas that I bought from iTunes and they still didn't give me the oomp that I needed. Yet a low quality video on YouTube did the job. 

Again... this wasn't with every song, or every genre. There was a few songs where I could hear the bass clearly, but it wasn't booming as some songs are mean to be. 

But as I mentioned, once I ran the app Boom on my Mac and EQu on my iPhone all was great. 

Nice boomy yet defined bass and it never washed out any of the other frequencies. Soundstage is still there yet I get a small hint of warmth, but i still get crispy highs... I'm a happy camper, can't wait until I burn them in. 

I was suprised with how neutral they were but after a good 35 hours or so of burn in I feel like the bass is more present and louder, less boomy, far more detailed, more transparent, and has superior impact.
I burned in with 12 hours music 12 hours 20hz tone and then repeat...

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #791 of 2,828

Quote:
I got in contact and from what i understand they are sending out a new pair.

Congrats bcasey I'm glad you got an answer and a resolution has been reached. Sorry to hear about all that waiting I know it can be rather frustrating. That being said Val from the interaction I've had with him has always come across as a decent sort of person. Boomana is probably right with CES and all he's probably been quite busy. I hope you enjoy your M-80's and I look forward to reading your final review on them.

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #792 of 2,828

Quote:
In terms of clarity, how do these fare against the HD25s?  

hehe imo the m80 is better :>. In terms of raw sound quality and clarity I think the hd25 wins, but the presentation of the m80s sound gives it that advantage 

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #793 of 2,828

Quote:
hehe imo the m80 is better :>. In terms of raw sound quality and clarity I think the hd25 wins, but the presentation of the m80s sound gives it that advantage 

x2.. pretty much my impressions. I have a hard time choosing between to two.  Out of my iPhone4 & iPod Classic, I much prefer the M80's.. out of my MacBook Air with a FiiO E10, I prefer the HD25's.

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #794 of 2,828
Does anyone have experience making their custom plate images? The site says it needs to be a 300 DPI black on white image and I could find absolutely nothing even close to that for what I wanted (outline of a frog) from a brief search. Any sort of help would be nice because all I know right now is that I'd need to get photoshop in order to make my own 300 dpi image. 

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #795 of 2,828
Quote:

Weird. I had no problems getting mine before Christmas, Val even helped me avoid crazy custom fees and they arrived sooner than expected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back