V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Nov 16, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #197 of 2,828

Quote:
Here are the shield/custom options for M-80/V-80 (EDIT WE ARE ADDING THE CUSTOM LOGO OPTION TOMORROW, WE ARE UPGRADING SITE)

http://v-moda.com/on-ear-shields/

use code "HEAD-FI" for the special offers (14.4% off).

We officially launched LP2 today, I had a fun time THROWING them in the video. LP vs M series sound is discussed earlier in the thread and on our site (or on tab called compare).  M-100 will sound more like M-80, LP2 is our Live Play series (heavier bass).

-v

When will the M100 be available? Any estimations?

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #199 of 2,828

Quote:
Great vid & loved the way you threw it!! U've just got me more confused about the LP2 vs M80's now :D.

Yes, it is kinda tough to explain.  Here is from our site... bottom line, if you listen to house, club, modern pop, rock and listen loud or use for gaming, or want a virtual club with bass you can feel the LP or LP2 is best.  Also for DJing, LP2 is best as the sound changes on stage as your competing with the club sound system and monitors blaring at you.

For a studio like, but "juicy" sound that is very balanced (but flat highs, not spiked artificially so you can listen louder than treble-high headphones), M-80 or the future M-100 or ___ is the right guy for you.

M-80 Crossfade LP2 Remix Remote Vibrato
Type On-Ear Over-Ear In-Ear Sport Convertible In-Ear Sport Convertible
Sound Signature "Modiophile" Balanced multi-
dimensional, precision bass,
rich mids and crystal clear highs
"Live Play" surround sound,
vibrant bass you can feel
alongside vivid mids and vivacious highs
"Modiophile" Balanced multi-

Quote:

When will the M100 be available? Any estimations?

I have ~60 variations sitting here, but my ears are fatigued as I was producing a song, so I cannot analyze properly now for a bit... any volunteers?  So I guess they are delayed a few weeks, possibly early January or mid Feb.  But, nothing is certain except agility at V-MODA.

-v 

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #200 of 2,828

Quote:
Yes, it is kinda tough to explain.  Here is from our site... bottom line, if you listen to house, club, modern pop, rock and listen loud or use for gaming, or want a virtual club with bass you can feel the LP or LP2 is best.  Also for DJing, LP2 is best as the sound changes on stage as your competing with the club sound system and monitors blaring at you.

For a studio like, but "juicy" sound with that is very balanced (but flat highs, not spiked artificially so you can listen louder than treble-high headphones), M-80 or the future M-100 or ___ is the right one

M-80 Crossfade LP2 Remix Remote Vibrato
Type On-Ear Over-Ear In-Ear Sport Convertible In-Ear Sport Convertible
Sound Signature "Modiophile" Balanced multi-
"Live Play" surround sound,
vibrant bass you can feel
alongside vivid mids and vivacious highs

I have ~60 variations sitting here, but my ears are fatigued as I was producing a song, so I cannot analyze properly now for a bit... any volunteers?  So I guess they are delayed a few weeks, possibly early January or mid Feb.  But, nothing is certain except agility at V-MODA.

-v 

I hope it's early january since I just ordered the LP2. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #201 of 2,828

Quote:

-v 

If you're being serious, meee. Anyway, after watching that video, I kinda wish I owned a pair of lp2's to bend and toss. Looks fun. 

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #203 of 2,828

Quote:
*raises hand*

I don't exactly have the highest rating >_< but I've trusted a couple of head-fi members with my own money; doesn't say as much obviously :p but anyway I'd love to give them a try. Who knows, might just push me on buying the M80 over the HD25...
L3000.gif
wink.gif

I've got the same problem. Now that the lp2's are out, I have three sets of cans to consider instead of two. Needing light, closed, isolating, portable, durable, detachable cord cans, and my three options are the lp2, m80 or the tma-1. Decisions decisions...

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #204 of 2,828

Quote:
I've got the same problem. Now that the lp2's are out, I have three sets of cans to consider instead of two. Needing light, closed, isolating, portable, durable, detachable cord cans, and my three options are the lp2, m80 or the tma-1. Decisions decisions...

I've had the TMA-1 on my head and I didn't like them to much. Of coarse that's just me you may love them to death. The TMA-1 to my ears was a dark sounding headphone with recessed mids and a deep rumbling bass. It's not a very aggressive headphone and the short time I listened to it my feeling was it was very laid back. Detail retrieval wasn't bad for it's type of sound signature but the bass still felt rather bloated at times. The best way for me to describe the TMA-1 would be to say it's a straight up old school bass head can with a rumbling type of bass and nothing more then that. My personal thoughts, and this is only my opinion, is my XB700's and M80's slay the TMA-1. Again I emphasize this is only my opinion and your mileage may vary. The only way to find out if they work for you is to maybe find someone in your city who has one and see if you can set up a head-fi meet. 

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #205 of 2,828

Quote:
I've had the TMA-1 on my head and I didn't like them to much. Of coarse that's just me you may love them to death. The TMA-1 to my ears was a dark sounding headphone with recessed mids and a deep rumbling bass. It's not a very aggressive headphone and the short time I listened to it my feeling was it was very laid back. Detail retrieval wasn't bad for it's type of sound signature but the bass still felt rather bloated at times. The best way for me to describe the TMA-1 would be to say it's a straight up old school bass head can with a rumbling type of bass and nothing more then that. My personal thoughts, and this is only my opinion, is my XB700's and M80's slay the TMA-1. Again I emphasize this is only my opinion and your mileage may vary. The only way to find out if they work for you is to maybe find someone in your city who has one and see if you can set up a head-fi meet. 

Well I'm by no means a basshead, and I don't mind using an EQ with cans. I do listen to bass heavy tracks by artists such as pendulum, skrillex, etc. and with my grado the bass feels lacking. By no means do I want a ton of bass, I want to be able to use these primarially for industrial and similar heavy rock genres such as post hardcore, metalcore, emocore etc.. Also, I live in the middle of nowhere, nowhere and this town literally has like 200 people under the age of 50.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #206 of 2,828

Quote:
Well I'm by no means a basshead, and I don't mind using an EQ with cans. I do listen to bass heavy tracks by artists such as pendulum, skrillex, etc. and with my grado the bass feels lacking. By no means do I want a ton of bass, I want to be able to use these primarially for industrial and post hardcore rock. Also, I live in the middle of nowhere, nowhere and this town literally has like 200 people under the age of 50.

I'm surprised you originally went with a Grado. That's a rockers can not a clubbers can.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #207 of 2,828
Quote:

Agreed. The V-Moda line of headphones looks so sexy, too bad I've never seen them/heard them in person. I also like the look of the TMA-1, but didn't really like the fit =/
So I'm basically down to the HD-25 1 II, the M-80, and maybe the M-100. I might also look at the LP2, but for portable, I think I want to get an on ear~

Oh, and another thing about the TMA-1: I couldn't really keep them on for more than an hour because they were pushing my glasses into my head =[
I've had to stay away from on-ear headphones after that because I assumed all were going to be painful lol
That's another reason why I'm interested in the M-80, no pain for glass wearers^^

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #208 of 2,828

Quote:

I'm surprised you originally went with a Grado. That's a rockers can not a clubbers can.

I've honestly never been to a club, and probably never will. I rock, I don't club. I love my grado's to death. If they had a detachable cable and a closed back, I wouldn't be looking for a second pair of cans.

Quote:

Agreed. The V-Moda line of headphones looks so sexy, too bad I've never seen them/heard them in person. I also like the look of the TMA-1, but didn't really like the fit =/
So I'm basically down to the HD-25 1 II, the M-80, and maybe the M-100. I might also look at the LP2, but for portable, I think I want to get an on ear~

Oh, and another thing about the TMA-1: I couldn't really keep them on for more than an hour because they were pushing my glasses into my head =[
I've had to stay away from on-ear headphones after that because I assumed all were going to be painful lol
That's another reason why I'm interested in the M-80, no pain for glass wearers^^

I don't wear glasses, so I can't relate to that. But in regards to the on ear instead of over ear for portable use, I agree with that. I was considering the lp2 because they don't look much bigger, and they're the same price as the m80.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #209 of 2,828
Yea, I've noticed that over-ear tends to really heat up your ears in the summer, so I had to use my IEM for the most part
I think I'll give on-ears another try, seeing as these supposedly do not hurt even with glasses
Dunno if I should wait for the M-100 though...is there any definite physical difference from the M-80? I'm assuming it's on-ear because it is a "M", but is it smaller than the M-80s, foldable, detachable cable, nuclear explosion proof, etc?

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #210 of 2,828

Quote:
Yea, I've noticed that over-ear tends to really heat up your ears in the summer, so I had to use my IEM for the most part
I think I'll give on-ears another try, seeing as these supposedly do not hurt even with glasses
Dunno if I should wait for the M-100 though...is there any definite physical difference from the M-80? I'm assuming it's on-ear because it is a "M", but is it smaller than the M-80s, foldable, detachable cable, nuclear explosion proof, etc?

The vmoda headphones have some sort of venting system, might help reduce that problem. I'm pretty sure even the m80's and lp2's are nuclear explosion proof. The replacement page on their website says...

And in the unlikely event you run over your headphones with a tank, don't worry. With the V-MODA Immortal Life Program, you get a 50% off replacement in any disaster. V-MODA is so confident the M-80 is a superior headphone, it even offers an unrivaled 60-day test drive guarantee.

While this not only made me laugh, it sold me on the confidence Vmoda has in the durability of their headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back