V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Nov 17, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #226 of 2,828
Quote:
Not sure if the shields are free, but technically speaking, if you use the 14.4% off coupon then buy custom shields, the price just about breaks even to having bought the cans without the coupon. In that perspective, it is 'free'. Fairly certain the faders are some VModa IEM's.

Ah, true, it does come out to about even. The custom plates is a HUGE draw to me since you need to pay a lot more to get a custom set of HD25 1 IIs
And until the 26th, you get a 2m detachable cord, 1/4 adapter, and "faders" correct?
Still looking for a comparison picture with the ATH-M50s^^
If you could make the M50's headband length the smallest and the M80s the smallest too, that would be great (yea I have a small head lol)

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #227 of 2,828

Quote:
Quote:

Ah, true, it does come out to about even. The custom plates is a HUGE draw to me since you need to pay a lot more to get a custom set of HD25 1 IIs
And until the 26th, you get a 2m detachable cord, 1/4 adapter, and "faders" correct?
Still looking for a comparison picture with the ATH-M50s^^
If you could make the M50's headband length the smallest and the M80s the smallest too, that would be great (yea I have a small head lol)

That's correct. If you buy the m80 from the vmoda website, you get 3 cables. A normal straight one, a single button one and a 3 button one. Other places like Amazon or NewEgg that sell the m80 are only supposed to come with two cables; the straight and one button ones. Also, the m80 cables are detachable, not just the 2m one. You can use any standard 3.5mm cable in place of the ones that come in box, ranging to the ones that come with the beats to ones you find in a dollar store (though I'd never let anything from a dollar store into a pair of m80's.)

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #229 of 2,828

Quote:
Not sure if the shields are free, but technically speaking, if you use the 14.4% off coupon then buy custom shields, the price just about breaks even to having bought the cans without the coupon. In that perspective, it is 'free'. Fairly certain the faders are some VModa IEM's.

Faders aren't IEMs Faders are ear plugs designed to keep you from getting ear damage, you can use them at concerts etc. While using them they'll shut out background noise all the while allowing you to still carry on a conversation.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #230 of 2,828

Quote:
Faders aren't IEMs Faders are ear plugs designed to keep you from getting ear damage, you can use them at concerts etc. While using them they'll shut out background noise all the while allowing you to still carry on a conversation.

Ah, okay. I wasn't quite sure what they were, but iem's seemed like a good guess. Either way, the more that comes with the m80, the more value.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #231 of 2,828

Quote:
 I'm finding the treble region on the M-80 works generally well for most type's of music but when paired with more aggressive metal sub genres such as death metal thrash metalcore or melodic death metal the treble regions short comings manifest's itself.

And for a while i thought everyone on this site was into classical, jazz, or 70's rock.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #233 of 2,828
true. it just seems that when people review headphones and amps they seem to use jazz, classical, alternative, or classic rock. none of which really suits my listening preferences. sure once in a while i like to listen to a good classical piece, but once in a long while. its nice to see a review i can relate to.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #234 of 2,828

Quote:
true. it just seems that when people review headphones and amps they seem to use jazz, classical, alternative, or classic rock. none of which really suits my listening preferences. sure once in a while i like to listen to a good classical piece, but once in a long while. its nice to see a review i can relate to.

They most likely use those genres because it's a lot easier to hear a mistake, a missed note, etc. If they know how the track usually sounds and then they listen to it through a pair of headphones, they have a way to judge them. This is almost the opposite of other genre's such as industrial or post-hardcore. Try analytically listening to that.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #235 of 2,828
Symphony and Metallica could give you the best of both worlds...except its live and i imagine a review of detail would go something like this "yes, in Fuel at 2:18 you can hear a fan's cell phone ring"

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #236 of 2,828

Quote:
Symphony and Metallica could give you the best of both worlds...except its live and i imagine a review of detail would go something like this "yes, in Fuel at 2:18 you can hear a fan's cell phone ring"

Haha, that's probably a good prediction.

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #237 of 2,828

Quote:

I see your metallica and raise to DT with orchestra

too bad I could not find a video from Deep Purple's Concerto for group and orchestra 1969

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #238 of 2,828

Quote:
Ah, okay. I wasn't quite sure what they were, but iem's seemed like a good guess. Either way, the more that comes with the m80, the more value.

when i typed in the coupon, the faders didn't show up on the cart. does it come with the box or what? doesn't show up in a search either.

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #240 of 2,828

Quote:
when i typed in the coupon, the faders didn't show up on the cart. does it come with the box or what? doesn't show up in a search either.

Quote:
Pretty sure they just throw them in the package.  At least that's what they did when I bought my LP2s.

Pretty sure that's what they do. If you're worried you won't get them, just call or email vmoda and ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back