V-moda Crossfade LP advice
Dec 29, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #16 of 30

Quote:
Does anyone have experience with a big head/glasses with these headphones? I saw them at costco but couldn't try them on because they were in a sealed box.

I didn't find a problem with it.  I'm not sure how big my head is, but I think it's at least average.  You're able to change the guides on the side to fit accordingly.

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #17 of 30

Quote:
Does anyone have experience with a big head/glasses with these headphones? I saw them at costco but couldn't try them on because they were in a sealed box.

I have glasses and i ordered these and they'll be here on thrusday. Ill get back to you after that sometime with how they fit =)

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #20 of 30

Quote:
charvat , it says you're a basshead at your signature thing , is the bass good on these or aren't they at you yet? 

Kay, so I received these today and have been using them for the past two hours, so this is opinion is without bur in. I luv these <3. They are exactly what I was looking for in a headphone. My number one priority was large quantities of bass that didn't squash everything else and these do a very good job of that. Yes, they are very bass heavy, but the mid range is actually separated pretty well and the treble is a little worse off but a little EQ and the problem is no longer noticeable. The soundstage is about on par with my sennheiser HD 428's and gets the job done for me. In the end, if you listen to EDM of any kind then you will love these. Oh, and they looking amazing and seem very sturdy :)
basshead.gif

EDIT: if you think they clamp too tight you can always flaten them out a couple of times and they will press less. They make my glasses feel  tighter, but if you have a semi-thin frame you should be fine. the foam conforms to the frames much better than my sennheisers did and i don't really notice a difference with my glasses

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #21 of 30

Quote:

Kay, so I received these today and have been using them for the past two hours, so this is opinion is without bur in. I luv these <3. They are exactly what I was looking for in a headphone. My number one priority was large quantities of bass that didn't squash everything else and these do a very good job of that. Yes, they are very bass heavy, but the mid range is actually separated pretty well and the treble is a little worse off but a little EQ and the problem is no longer noticeable. The soundstage is about on par with my sennheiser HD 428's and gets the job done for me. In the end, if you listen to EDM of any kind then you will love these. Oh, and they looking amazing and seem very sturdy :)
basshead.gif

EDIT: if you think they clamp too tight you can always flaten them out a couple of times and they will press less. They make my glasses feel  tighter, but if you have a semi-thin frame you should be fine. the foam conforms to the frames much better than my sennheisers did and i don't really notice a difference with my glasses

I don't have glasses :D , i listen to dance and dubstep mostly , somethimes rock but more dance and dubstep .
Glad you have this experience , i think i'm gonna order them now.

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #22 of 30
Hope you like them :D I listen to Dubstep, Electro House, ect. and saying I love the bass the LP's have for those is an understatement! Everyone I had try them loved them, all complimented the bass and some are thinking about getting a pair :D. There is a nice balance between sub-bass and mid-bass, both being done very well in my opinion. I can feel the mid-bass and sub-bass rumbles my brain 
basshead.gif

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #23 of 30
I recently bought the crossfades, also for the same sort of bassy genres dubstep, moombahton, house, hiphop. i was considering buying the sony XB's but due to the ridiculous difficulty trying to get these in Australia at a reasonable price i decided to look for an alternative. i settled on these bad boys and for the price i was very surprised with the sound quality, especially for the first over ear headphones made by v-moda, the bass is deep and clear (thumping if you turn them up loud enough and play with the eq :p) however as mentioned above the treble is very harsh (noticeable with some female vocals) however again a little play with the EQ they sound great. breaking these headphones in is essential for the bass side of these headphones.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #25 of 30
if you are listening where leakage wont matter, then the only way to justify the gap is the build quality and isolation. for home use the xb would be fine, but they leak a lot of sound. and they start leaking at only about 60%-70% volume, where as the crossfades hardly leak any sound at 90% volume in a totally silent room. personally, i think the crossfade's look much better as well but thats preference :)

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #27 of 30
yes, these are good headphones.  they have an amplifier built in, and are perfect for dubstep b/c it is bass heavy, and the headphones produce good sound in general.  i am wearing them as i write this, listening to skrillex, and they are very comfortable.  They also warm your ears well if you listen to music outside in the cold.  I would recommend these.

headphones also work well for techno & rap (especially beats like T.I. uses), but also work for metal and classical music.

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #28 of 30
I have the Crossfades, and one thing that I can recommend is to use the Rock EQ on an iPod. (I know, go ahead and hate) Everything sounds much clearer and the soundstage becomes less faded IMO.

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #29 of 30
I bought the LP's back in November when Radio Shack dropped them to $99.00 I listened to them and loved them after buring in a few hours. It's glad to see other people do actually like them besides me!! I'm about to pick up a pair of HFI-580's for comparison. Have any of you been able to compare the two?

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #30 of 30

Quote:
I bought the LP's back in November when Radio Shack dropped them to $99.00 I listened to them and loved them after buring in a few hours. It's glad to see other people do actually like them besides me!! I'm about to pick up a pair of HFI-580's for comparison. Have any of you been able to compare the two?

Yea same here but i picked up mine at the tail end of the sale on January of this year. They have a very warm and bassy sound yet midrange and treble come through quite well making for a musical thick sound without any sharp treble sparkle. Reminds me a bit of the original version of the Koss Pro-4AA which was pretty bass thick yet not overdone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back