V-moda Crossfade LP advice
Dec 23, 2011 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Timfenne

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone ,
This is my second post ( first didnt get any replies) and i have a question , I was looking for a new headphone and i saw the v-moda crossfade lp's on amazon for $120 which is 90 euro's and i thought that was a good price ( on the v-moda website 140 euro's).

Are these good headphones and are they comfortable? I mostly listen to dance and dubstep. Also do you guys now about extra shipping costs for Holland?
i'm not an audiophile , i'm a fun listener , i'll mostly use this on my old philips gogear mp3 player without an amp.

The most important thing on this headphone is bass and the design. I'm also a bit scared of breaking the cable , on my old Sennheiser hd 202's and my old portapros something went wrong with the cable and one side stopped working , needed to twist the cable to get sound .
Is the cable thick enough?

If you need more info just ask

Sorry if i made some mistakes on the language part , english isn't my first language.
Thanks in advance

Dec 23, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #2 of 30
They're fairly bass heavy. Don't worry about the cable, because it's removable and can be replaced easily. Most users say they're comfortable.

No idea about shipping costs or possible customs fees.

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 30
Heya,

The Crossfade LP is built like a tank and made of good materials, the cord is fine and will survive a lot longer than most cords. It's a very bassy headphone, has a tight clamp and is reasonably comfortable once you break the headband in to loosen the grip on it.

The problem is the treble. It has really spiked treble some where in the upper Khz that really makes the headphone sound odd, unnatural and out of place. They claimed it was designed to be used while DJing outdoors with speakers blazing around you and this was to "compenstate." But most people using these are not doing that, so it's weird to have the treble like this.

Some alternatives:

Ultrasone HFI 580 & 780
Beyer DT770 PRO
Shure SRH750 DJ
AKG K181 DJ
Fischer FA-003

Very best,

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 30
Thank you for the reply , I've looked at the Ultrasone HFI 780 but it was 50 euro's more then this one and a lot of people said in reviews that they were uncomfortable.
They beyers are also a lot more expensive.
The shure's are pretty much the same price so i'll look after that.

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #6 of 30

Quote:
Heya,

The Crossfade LP is built like a tank and made of good materials, the cord is fine and will survive a lot longer than most cords. It's a very bassy headphone, has a tight clamp and is reasonably comfortable once you break the headband in to loosen the grip on it.

The problem is the treble. It has really spiked treble some where in the upper Khz that really makes the headphone sound odd, unnatural and out of place. They claimed it was designed to be used while DJing outdoors with speakers blazing around you and this was to "compenstate." But most people using these are not doing that, so it's weird to have the treble like this.

Some alternatives:

Ultrasone HFI 580 & 780
Beyer DT770 PRO
Shure SRH750 DJ
AKG K181 DJ
Fischer FA-003

Very best,

I will also use this on my bicycle to school , there is a lot of outside noise then , does this compare to what they claim for outdoor dj-ing with speakers?

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #8 of 30

Quote:
, there is a lot of outside noise then , does this compare to what they claim for outdoor dj-ing with speakers?

Does outside noise have lots of giant loud speakers blaring at you and canceling out waves of sound? 
tongue_smile.gif

Nope. It will isolate well. It will suit your needs. I'm simply warning you about the treble. It's a harsh metallic sound. If you're ok with that, the headphone will do what you need.

Very best,

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #9 of 30

Quote:
Does outside noise have lots of giant loud speakers blaring at you and canceling out waves of sound? 
tongue_smile.gif

Nope. It will isolate well. It will suit your needs. I'm simply warning you about the treble. It's a harsh metallic sound. If you're ok with that, the headphone will do what you need.

Very best,

Thanks for the warning , Are the Shure's better because i don't like harsch metallic sounds?   
tongue_smile.gif
 They are also cheaper but I don't know anything about breaking headbands in and I am worried that i will break them..

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #10 of 30

Quote:
 MalVeauX I am really a noob on headphones , could you explain the breaking in of a headphone to me because i don't really understand that part..

Breaking in headphones just mean that you play music through them for awhile to loosen the speakers a bit.Out of the box,the headphones are new and the speakers haven't seen any use yet so you just kinda play music through em to get them "warmed up".After break in headphones are said to sound better,but how drastic the improvement is dependent on the headphones themselves(Some sound louder,some start getting stronger bass,some get better instrument separation etc etc).
Hope this helps!

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #11 of 30

Quote:
Breaking in headphones just mean that you play music through them for awhile to loosen the speakers a bit.Out of the box,the headphones are new and the speakers haven't seen any use yet so you just kinda play music through em to get them "warmed up".After break in headphones are said to sound better,but how drastic the improvement is dependent on the headphones themselves(Some sound louder,some start getting stronger bass,some get better instrument separation etc etc).
Hope this helps!

Thank you , i noticed this on my portapros (more bass ) but i didnt know the name.

Dec 25, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #12 of 30
I got theme today and love them so far. I always had earbuds before and listened to my brothers fake Beats he got when he was in China. So compared to those these are the best quality ever.

Dec 25, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #15 of 30

Quote:
Does anyone have experience with a big head/glasses with these headphones? I saw them at costco but couldn't try them on because they were in a sealed box.

I consider myself to have a big head and I like the comfort. It has memory foam so after awhile they are going to form to your head. If you get them and you find the clamping force to much you can return them to Costco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back