USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Aug 26, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #196 of 6,468
I really got mostly positive things to say about my DC01. After the firmware update (see ibasso homepage) also native DSD 256 works without problem in UAPP. (Audirvana still only works with DSD over PCM)
But that's not the biggest problem to me since i have only very few DSD 256x.

I deinstalled the Ibasso volume control app on my phone since I am using the DC01 with UAPP exclusively. Practically you can use UAPP for the hardware volume control and even map the slider to your phones volume buttons. That's perfect for my use.

Sound is really great. Better than any phone's output I've heard, better than my macbook's output and similarly as good as my desktop DAC (Musical Fidelity SDAC) The only negative I have with the DC01 is the pronounced waterfall noise with sensitive IEMs. I am mainly using Fearless S8 Freedom with the DC01 and those are very sensitive. But as soon as music plays you mostly forget about it.

I will keep using this device until i can find something better for my use. Don't think that will be too fast.

P.S. power output is also good and should drive most headphones that are not unreasonably hard to drive.

Did you experience that volume levels are greatly reduced after the latest firmware upgrade (per my earlier post)?

Aug 26, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #197 of 6,468
Did you experience that volume levels are greatly reduced after the latest firmware upgrade (per my earlier post)?

Absolutely! Or maybe the the volume distribution has just changed. Like before i was running it very very low and it was still loud enough. Now i am running it at like 75% for the same level. But it might be that everything about that is just a lot louder. I can't tell. My IEMs are way too sensitive to ever put the volume all the way up with them. I have a pair of high impedance AKG heaphones i could test that with but they are at a friends place atm. Have you verified that it's really less volume output and not just differently distributed levels?

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #198 of 6,468
Same here. Before the firmware upgrade, the volume level was about 40 to 45% which to me is comfortably loud.

After the latest firmware upgrade, i have to increase the UAPP volume to about 75% to achieve the same loudness as before......

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #199 of 6,468
Same here. Before the firmware upgrade, the volume level was about 40 to 45% which to me is comfortably loud.

After the latest firmware upgrade, i have to increase the UAPP volume to about 75% to achieve the same loudness as before......
Yeah but what I meant was if you ever checked if the maximum loudness at 100% is now less after the update or if it's the same maximum volume.

Aug 26, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #202 of 6,468
Aug 26, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #203 of 6,468
I have a 2.5 mm to 3.55 adaptor. It works fine. Will it work for DC01?
Another question. Does DC01 drain out the battery from a device it is connected two times faster? I read somewhere that the battery of Fiio M5 connected to DC01 lasts only for ONE hour. It is ridiculous if it it is true as I can listen to M5 wired to IEMs for 8 hours non stop. If you connect a phone to DC01 how much faster is the phone battery drained out?

Aug 27, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #205 of 6,468
I have a 2.5 mm to 3.55 adaptor. It works fine. Will it work for DC01?
Another question. Does DC01 drain out the battery from a device it is connected two times faster? I read somewhere that the battery of Fiio M5 connected to DC01 lasts only for ONE hour. It is ridiculous if it it is true as I can listen to M5 wired to IEMs for 8 hours non stop. If you connect a phone to DC01 how much faster is the phone battery drained out?

It's not recommended as it might short circuit. I read this somewhere written by iBasso rep.

Aug 27, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #206 of 6,468
It's not recommended as it might short circuit. I read this somewhere written by iBasso rep.
I read this too but I am using it with an adapter all the time. No problem so far. Depends on the adapter I guess. Some are just rewired adapters, other I belive include a capacitor to prevent shorting out.

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #207 of 6,468
I really got mostly positive things to say about my DC01.
Could you say how faster does a phone get discharged with DC01 as compared the time without it?

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #208 of 6,468
Could you say how faster does a phone get discharged with DC01 as compared the time without it?
I can't tell you exact numbers. Not noticeabley for me. Maybe 25% faster

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #210 of 6,468

Users who are viewing this thread

Back