1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by halcyon, Jun 13, 2019.
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last
  1. wwyjoe
    Did you experience that volume levels are greatly reduced after the latest firmware upgrade (per my earlier post)?

2. Jemabaris

Absolutely! Or maybe the the volume distribution has just changed. Like before i was running it very very low and it was still loud enough. Now i am running it at like 75% for the same level. But it might be that everything about that is just a lot louder. I can't tell. My IEMs are way too sensitive to ever put the volume all the way up with them. I have a pair of high impedance AKG heaphones i could test that with but they are at a friends place atm. Have you verified that it's really less volume output and not just differently distributed levels?

3. wwyjoe
    Same here. Before the firmware upgrade, the volume level was about 40 to 45% which to me is comfortably loud.

After the latest firmware upgrade, i have to increase the UAPP volume to about 75% to achieve the same loudness as before......

4. Jemabaris
    Yeah but what I meant was if you ever checked if the maximum loudness at 100% is now less after the update or if it's the same maximum volume.

5. newtophones07
    Are you using the Ibasso UAC app?

6. senegalas
    People are lucky to have dc01. Here in europe it is out of stock everywhere and won't be in stock for at least 2 weeks

7. Jemabaris
    I really don't understand the way that app is supposed to work to be honest.

8. alex5908
    I have a 2.5 mm to 3.55 adaptor. It works fine. Will it work for DC01?
    Another question. Does DC01 drain out the battery from a device it is connected two times faster? I read somewhere that the battery of Fiio M5 connected to DC01 lasts only for ONE hour. It is ridiculous if it it is true as I can listen to M5 wired to IEMs for 8 hours non stop. If you connect a phone to DC01 how much faster is the phone battery drained out?

9. mediatouch
    By the way, using DC02 my phone (MI A2) - the phone battery drained out faster approx 2 (may by 1.5) times. And the DC02 gets pretty hot on touch!
    But this is not problem, for that sound I ready to forgive him for this! :)

10. snip3r77
    It's not recommended as it might short circuit. I read this somewhere written by iBasso rep.

11. Jemabaris
    I read this too but I am using it with an adapter all the time. No problem so far. Depends on the adapter I guess. Some are just rewired adapters, other I belive include a capacitor to prevent shorting out.

12. alex5908
    Could you say how faster does a phone get discharged with DC01 as compared the time without it?

13. Jemabaris
    I can't tell you exact numbers. Not noticeabley for me. Maybe 25% faster

14. darmanastartes
    Disappointed by the Sonata measurements on ASR :triportsad:

15. alex5908
    Thanks.
    Does anybody owe DC01 and Meizu HjFi DAC to compare the sound quality?

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last