USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jan 3, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #811 of 6,468
Will test this later, for now I have tested the DC01 with the bl-03, T2, M300 and OH1.

And I'm supprised of the results, I did not really like the T2 but on the dc01 they sound the best out of all

Blon and oh1 improve and the m300 stays the same, but the T2 came to life full of life and music sounding, thicker sound. Compared to the dull thin sounding iem it was, details where still great and the soundstage improved.

Now I finally understand why people praise the T2

Maybe it just needed a bit more power, just like the **** does.

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #814 of 6,468
Anyone had experience of a Soniter DAC, on Amazon for £26?

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #815 of 6,468
Just got the trn V90 today and it sounds great on my Fiio m5, but if I use the dc-01 they become less bassy and warm and way to bright with some sibilance. This is weird and different from all my other iem's that become a little warmer on the dc-01

Dc-01 seems to do the best with dynamic driver iem's at least that are my findings

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #816 of 6,468
Just got the trn V90 today and it sounds great on my Fiio m5, but if I use the dc-01 they become less bassy and warm and way to bright with some sibilance. This is weird and different from all my other iem's that become a little warmer on the dc-01

Dc-01 seems to do the best with dynamic driver iem's at least that are my findings
Works well with hybrids too

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #817 of 6,468
Jan 5, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #819 of 6,468
Tried it with TRN V90 and Ikkio OH1 Wich are both hybrids. Mabey I just have the wrong hybrids.
I tried it with NCM 5v2 and its a great combination for me.

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #821 of 6,468
Just got the hifiman He4xx and tried to use them with the meizu hifi dac on my 1+7pro. When i use uapp i can get sound out of them but if i use the meizu dac and denied uapp the dongle all sounds really fainth (things like spotify).

How can i force the phone to use the dac with out uapp?

IMG_20200106_004205.jpg

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #822 of 6,468
Hmm, I can't get Onkyo HF Player to work with the Meizu Pro in DSD mode (native or up sampling).
Not a huge deal, doubt it makes any difference to me, but it would be nice to be able to use something advertised.

That being said, the improvement with my pair of ATH-M50S/LE's over my Pixel 3a headphone jack is night and day, even just using something like Spotify.

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #823 of 6,468
Just got the hifiman He4xx and tried to use them with the meizu hifi dac on my 1+7pro. When i use uapp i can get sound out of them but if i use the meizu dac and denied uapp the dongle all sounds really fainth (things like spotify).

Im getting that dongle soon. I will experiment with it see what i can do.
Is your phone rooted? You definitely need to have root access to do what UAPP is doing without using it (basically « bitperfect » and « full gain »). Look up xda-dev forum on your phone about that.
Additionally, some linux knowledge will help.

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #824 of 6,468

You would need an OTG cable surely?

Jan 6, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #825 of 6,468
Im getting that dongle soon. I will experiment with it see what i can do.
Is your phone rooted? You definitely need to have root access to do what UAPP is doing without using it (basically « bitperfect » and « full gain »). Look up xda-dev forum on your phone about that.
Additionally, some linux knowledge will help.
Phone is in Dev mode, Linux knowledge they have a puinguin logo and a red hat :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back