USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Dec 30, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #781 of 6,414
let's assume i solely use tidal on phone, and my iem is a 5 driver 4ba+1dd, which adapter would suit me? sq is not much concern cause im adaptive to any sound

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #784 of 6,414
The Ztella is fantastic with Tidal and UAPP and with high res stuff. Sounds amazing and is very stable.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #785 of 6,414
I will also get the ztella mainly because I expect to like the ESS signature better than the CL's (and probably also because I am just stupidly spending money on audio stuff).

But, to be honest, when looking at the price of Meizu (esp. non-pro, ~22$) vs Ztella (~80-90$) I doubt that the ztella is the winner concerning the price/performance ratio. For the price of the ztella you have a lot of other choices!

Anyway, I will also report as soon as I get the Ztella. Hopefully we will see a review on audiosciencereview too.

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #787 of 6,414
I just got my ztella dac dongle. I previously bought the meizu but the Ztella is much better.

I've been really surprised by the Ztella, after reading some impressions here I thought I might be disappointed with it. I've been mostly listening to MQA tracks from my desktop and Android phone and the sound quality has been quite addictive. I can't imagine a balanced version even improving on the stereo imaging. I'm still amazed at how the electronics to do all this can be crammed inside such a tiny plug.

Dec 31, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #788 of 6,414
I've been really surprised by the Ztella, after reading some impressions here I thought I might be disappointed with it. I've been mostly listening to MQA tracks from my desktop and Android phone and the sound quality has been quite addictive. I can't imagine a balanced version even improving on the stereo imaging. I'm still amazed at how the electronics to do all this can be crammed inside such a tiny plug.

I remember that you have the ibasso dc01. Wondering how you would compare?

Dec 31, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #789 of 6,414
I remember that you have the ibasso dc01. Wondering how you would compare?

Yes, I do, I'm still planning on comparing the two.

Jan 2, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #791 of 6,414
Got the Meizu HiFi dac recently,
I like the sound of the Meizu better than the sound of my Fiio m5 for use with the bl-03:
IMG_20191228_163210.jpg

IMG_20191228_163724.jpg

IMG_20191228_163944.jpg

Also got the DC01 dac today and this is way more my taste is sound! Little warmer but the seperation and sound stage really improves on the bl-03 with the dc01 and balanced cable.
IMG_20200102_172322.jpg

IMG_20200102_172855.jpg

Think I won't use the Meizu with the bl-03 ever again and I think I won't use it again with any iem, bit not sure on that yet.

(Meizu stotters in UAPP on my phone 1+7pro, dc01 does not)

Jan 2, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #792 of 6,414
Also got the DC01 dac today and this is way more my taste is sound! Little warmer but the seperation and sound stage really improves on the bl-03 with the dc01 and balanced cable.
I agree with you. But Ztella and 9038S are still better for Blon BL03. You know, I put BL03 aside as I was not impressed by the SQ (to say the least). The BL03 sound is completely different (to the positive side) with Ztella and 9038S.

Jan 2, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #793 of 6,414
I agree with you. But Ztella and 9038S are still better for Blon BL03. You know, I put BL03 aside as I was not impressed by the SQ (to say the least). The BL03 sound is completely different (to the positive side) with Ztella and 9038S.

E1DA 9038s en pdv2 are still traveling to me :wink: but for now DC01 is a real improvement

Jan 2, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #794 of 6,414
Got the Meizu HiFi dac recently,
I like the sound of the Meizu better than the sound of my Fiio m5 for use with the bl-03:

Think I won't use the Meizu with the bl-03 ever again and I think I won't use it again with any iem, bit not sure on that yet.

(Meizu stotters in UAPP on my phone 1+7pro, dc01 does not)

Good to hear you are enjoying the DC01, I like mine a lot. Initially comparing to my Ztella I prefer the sound of that one a bit more, but I still have to compare using non-MQA tracks. I hope there will be a version with a balanced output.

As for the Meizu, apparently you have to turn on resampling to a multiple of 48Khz to fix the stuttering. Which is a shame as that will slightly degrade the sound (I usually find upsampling to sound worse, even with integer multiples). From what I've read the Pro version does not have that problem, its output volume is much stronger though. I'd still be interesting in your comparison between the Meizu and DC01 with resampling enabled on the the Meizu.

Jan 2, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #795 of 6,414
Good to hear you are enjoying the DC01, I like mine a lot. Initially comparing to my Ztella I prefer the sound of that one a bit more, but I still have to compare using non-MQA tracks. I hope there will be a version with a balanced output.

As for the Meizu, apparently you have to turn on resampling to a multiple of 48Khz to fix the stuttering. Which is a shame as that will slightly degrade the sound (I usually find upsampling to sound worse, even with integer multiples). From what I've read the Pro version does not have that problem, its output volume is much stronger though. I'd still be interesting in your comparison between the Meizu and DC01 with resampling enabled on the the Meizu.

Will test this later, for now I have tested the DC01 with the bl-03, T2, M300 and OH1.

And I'm supprised of the results, I did not really like the T2 but on the dc01 they sound the best out of all

Blon and oh1 improve and the m300 stays the same, but the T2 came to life full of life and music sounding, thicker sound. Compared to the dull thin sounding iem it was, details where still great and the soundstage improved.

Now I finally understand why people praise the T2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back