USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Dec 18, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #706 of 6,484
I just got the Meizu Hifi Dac (standard).
Spoiler: It is just totally insane how good this DAC sounds for just about 20€.
Regards!
Jan
Agreed. Not just the Meizu. Listening to the BGVP T01 at the moment with UAPP on my phone. Sounds sublime. Any thoughts of buying an expensive DAP long since forgotten.

Dec 18, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #707 of 6,484

I compared it with the Meizu 16th (845's aqustic dac and cirrus logic amp) and Meizu Pro 5 (ESS 9018). I was expecting a sound quality somewhere between both but honestly it is as good as the Pro 5. I did several A/B tests and it is very difficult to explain the differences because the sound signature is very similar.

I read several times that the dongle is supposed to have a "neutral" tuning. I wouldn't say that this is wrong, but it is definitely far from being boring. Bass is powerful and precise. High dynamic. Very detailed.

Also I did not notice any issues concerning above mentioned "intereferences" and in my case I did not notice any issues with bit perfect playback (although it wasn't important to me).

I'm just wondering if Meizu is destroying the whole DAC market right now ^^

Will continue listening and might give an update in a few days.

Regards!
Jan
Nice... i also ordered mine waiting for the delivery it will take few more days and i was thinking ibasso DC02 too but will wait for meizu it was recommended to me by a member on discord

Dec 18, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #708 of 6,484
I wanted to make a Huawei Mate 10 to my new USB transport for FLAC files because it has a SD crad slote that accepts 400 and 512 GB cards. But unfortunately USB Audio Player Pro does not work with most of the dongles I tried. So far I can only use a Musiland MU2 Plus (or a bigger DAC/Amp like a Topping NX4 or FiiO Q1 II. What dongle DACs are compatible with Huawei (or Honor, mi next try was a View 10 that reacts the same as my Mate 10) smartphones and UAPP?

Dec 18, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #709 of 6,484
Is someone having issues with weird clicking noises when changing volume in UAPP on HUAWEI devices? I have this with Apple usb c dac. I am also having this clicks when changing songs and sometimes in playback. I am not sure if i should get other phone or other adapter.

Dec 18, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #710 of 6,484
I wanted to make a Huawei Mate 10 to my new USB transport for FLAC files because it has a SD crad slote that accepts 400 and 512 GB cards. But unfortunately USB Audio Player Pro does not work with most of the dongles I tried. So far I can only use a Musiland MU2 Plus (or a bigger DAC/Amp like a Topping NX4 or FiiO Q1 II. What dongle DACs are compatible with Huawei (or Honor, mi next try was a View 10 that reacts the same as my Mate 10) smartphones and UAPP?
I have mate 10 pro + apple usb c and it works with UAPP however i have clicking noise. I wrote to UAPP support and they have told me that this is problem with usb driver of Huawei devices and can not do any thing about it. If you could try apple dongle and try if you have the same i would be glad.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #711 of 6,484
where would be a good place to from?
I did not see it on amazon, which is my #1 go-to...
I am in the US, by the way.

Dec 18, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #712 of 6,484
I have mate 10 pro + apple usb c and it works with UAPP however i have clicking noise. I wrote to UAPP support and they have told me that this is problem with usb driver of Huawei devices and can not do any thing about it. If you could try apple dongle and try if you have the same i would be glad.
Unfortunately I only checked https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/technology/usb-audio-driver for compatibility after I got the Huawei. The Mate 10 is listed as not compatible, unfortunately the Honor View 10 is on the list of devices with no problems.

Dec 18, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #714 of 6,484

I compared it with the Meizu 16th (845's aqustic dac and cirrus logic amp) and Meizu Pro 5 (ESS 9018). I was expecting a sound quality somewhere between both but honestly it is as good as the Pro 5. I did several A/B tests and it is very difficult to explain the differences because the sound signature is very similar.

I read several times that the dongle is supposed to have a "neutral" tuning. I wouldn't say that this is wrong, but it is definitely far from being boring. Bass is powerful and precise. High dynamic. Very detailed.

Also I did not notice any issues concerning above mentioned "intereferences" and in my case I did not notice any issues with bit perfect playback (although it wasn't important to me).

I'm just wondering if Meizu is destroying the whole DAC market right now ^^

Will continue listening and might give an update in a few days.

Regards!
Jan

Edit: just a quick note: I also just compared it also attached to an external amp. At least with full volume the sound of the dongle feels less precise and powerfull compared to Pro 5. Still very good but it seems when using as line out at full volume it just loses a little bit of power.
Hah, yeah combination of blon bl03 + meizu hifi DAC are perfect way to destroy market

Dec 18, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #715 of 6,484
So the ibasso dc02 don't work with the Huawei p20 lite. Now I have to see how to sell it :/

What good dac works with the Huawei p20 lite? I know that the sonata II works, is there any other?

Dec 18, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #718 of 6,484
I've really been enjoying listening to MQA tracks on the Ztella, the instrument separation and holophonic soundstage it provides are great and it sounds really natural with acoustic instruments and voices. Reading up on MQA I can really appreciate all the work that has gone into making music sound as much like the source as possible.

Apart from that, the tiny plug, containing all the electronics, hardly even gets lukewarm and power consumption seems pretty low even when playing MQA.

The Ztella also has very low latency, just like the DC01, have been using it today to compose music and that worked very well.

Dec 18, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #720 of 6,484
I've really been enjoying listening to MQA tracks on the Ztella, the instrument separation and holophonic soundstage it provides are great and it sounds really natural with acoustic instruments and voices. Reading up on MQA I can really appreciate all the work that has gone into making music sound as much like the source as possible.

Apart from that, the tiny plug, containing all the electronics, hardly even gets lukewarm and power consumption seems pretty low even when playing MQA.

The Ztella also has very low latency, just like the DC01, have been using it today to compose music and that worked very well.
Also used the Ztella in a music production gig today. It's fab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back