USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Feb 13, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #6,091 of 6,501
Thank you for the advice. I ordered that Ibasso cable. It can't arrive soon enough.

To follow up... How is the DC elite different? Do you mean it's just a different league like a mojo 2 or its sound is so different in its character ? Somehow I'm thinking it's very very clean and maybe analytical or dry ?
It is of a different level... some say superior to the Mojo2 also due to no audible coloration, I can't confirm this because I have never listened to the Mojo2. It certainly has a very clean sound, but very far from being dry as per good iBasso tradition. You know the DC4PRO and if you give it a rating of 7/10 you can consider the DC-Elite a 9.5/10. I believe (as many believe) that it is really very close to the dap from which the DX320 MAX TI derives which in addition to the cost also has stratospheric performance. If you read the dedicated thread you will immediately realize the opinions given to the DC-Elite by those who have and have already tried top-level dap. Its main characteristics are very deep and hyper-detailed bass with a perfect decay time, mids which are also very detailed and perfectly in line with the other frequencies (therefore they are neither in front nor behind the rest of the sound spectrum) and the best highs I have ever heard that perfectly combine detail, extension and tonality, never and under any circumstances bordering on excessive brilliance. Stellar amplification (if compared to other dongles) with very low impedance and zero background noise. In a word... a masterpiece.

Feb 14, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #6,092 of 6,501
Not gonna lie, i would've get myself a Fiio Q15 rather than the DC-Elite, just looking from sound and value perspective

Feb 14, 2024 at 4:23 AM Post #6,093 of 6,501
Not gonna lie, i would've get myself a Fiio Q15 rather than the DC-Elite, just looking from sound and value perspective
In this case, perhaps it is better for you to read on the thread dedicated to the Q15 what happened to its users after the release of the new firmware by FiiO. Having said that I find the DC-Elite better than my Shanling H7 which in turn is superior to the Q7 which in turn is superior to the Q15.

Feb 14, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #6,094 of 6,501
Here's a review of the Fiio KA11: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-ka11.27035/reviews#review-32995

KA 11 1.jpg

TLDR: it is a pocket rocket, a mighty mouse.

Pros:

Lilliputian profile, very portable and small
Solid build
Huge power for such a tiny dongle at 200 mW at 32 Ω
Warmish tone, good synergy with harsh or edgier transducers
Low output impedance - pairs well with fussy IEMs
No hiss/EMI
No pop sound when removing transducers
Compatible with Fiio Control app to unlock DAC filters and other settings
Has UAC 1.0 mode for gaming devices
Excellent price-to-performance ratio

Cons:
No volume controller
Only 3.5 mm (single-ended) termination available
Cable is not detachable
Gets a bit warm, with some battery drain with more demanding transducers
No PEQ available on the app

KA11 2.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #6,095 of 6,501
In this case, perhaps it is better for you to read on the thread dedicated to the Q15 what happened to its users after the release of the new firmware by FiiO. Having said that I find the DC-Elite better than my Shanling H7 which in turn is superior to the Q7 which in turn is superior to the Q15.
In Kevin Hart's voice: DAMN! Sorry

Feb 14, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #6,096 of 6,501
In Kevin Hart's voice: DAMN! Sorry
I read on the Q15 thread that there were problems after the release of the latest firmware... that's all. Then as regards the comparisons between the various devices (not being able to compare them all personally for obvious reasons) I rely on the opinions of various reviewers, who in this case are all very in agreement. Then imagine being very free to buy a Q15, but judging it better than the Dc-Elite, having not listened to either of them, seemed a bit reckless to me. It was just my opinion. :wink:

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #6,097 of 6,501
I read on the Q15 thread that there were problems after the release of the latest firmware... that's all. Then as regards the comparisons between the various devices (not being able to compare them all personally for obvious reasons) I rely on the opinions of various reviewers, who in this case are all very in agreement. Then imagine being very free to buy a Q15, but judging it better than the Dc-Elite, having not listened to either of them, seemed a bit reckless to me. It was just my opinion. :wink:
Yeah that's fair

Feb 14, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #6,100 of 6,501
got some question, a friend of mine lend me some of dongle try

currently i have fiio k7 & k9 pro at home , is there a way to use the dongle as dac & the dac/amp combo as amp? i also plan try to use it on desktop pc
Both K7 and K9 PRO have line inputs. You just need the right cable to do the connection.

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #6,103 of 6,501
Got Colorfly CDA-M2 and KA17 recently. I prefer the Colorfly. Out of 4.4 on Sony EX800ST the dynamic swing seems to be better. There is nothing wrong with Fiio. It is detailed with more options and detailed sound but it is not as meaty as Colorfly. The difference presents itself in the bass region where Colorfly's sound is thicker and deeper. Also, PEQ/EQ on Qudelix is better than Fiio for me personally.
Onyx vs Colorfly on VE Bonus IE - deeper bass on Colorfly but Onyx is more powerful.
KA17 vs Onyx - didnt test. Both are ESS, both have THX so I expect similar sound.
KA17 is impressive for what it offers for its size, a true DT replacement.
1708113467759.jpeg

Feb 17, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #6,104 of 6,501
Got Colorfly CDA-M2 and KA17 recently. I prefer the Colorfly. Out of 4.4 on Sony EX800ST the dynamic swing seems to be better. There is nothing wrong with Fiio. It is detailed with more options and detailed sound but it is not as meaty as Colorfly. The difference presents itself in the bass region where Colorfly's sound is thicker and deeper. Also, PEQ/EQ on Qudelix is better than Fiio for me personally.
Onyx vs Colorfly on VE Bonus IE - deeper bass on Colorfly but Onyx is more powerful.
KA17 vs Onyx - didnt test. Both are ESS, both have THX so I expect similar sound.
KA17 is impressive for what it offers for its size, a true DT replacement.
Totally agree with you, the Colorfly has a meaty sound like a big hamburger, but it is controlled very well, not muffled and dull, and produces an energetic sound with details :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back