USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jul 30, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #5,176 of 6,485
_DSC7261-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg

My review of the Audirect Beam 4 is up on my blog and in my Head-Fi thread.

Jul 31, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #5,177 of 6,485
Aug 1, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #5,179 of 6,485
Aug 2, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #5,180 of 6,485
For those looking for a minimalist dongle with high quality and mic support (calls, games, etc), a shame the Meizus with CS43131 were discontinued. So I tried this Keysion below (35 usd), based on ESS ES9281 DAC chip with good measurements, and it sounds great and works fine. Just add a Truthear Zero Red and you are done.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005516171071.html

1690975800682.png

Aug 2, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #5,181 of 6,485
Guys I am planning to get a portable dac and was set on Space but there are similar options in similar price range and am confused what to pick. I currently have a Samsung S21 Ultra and Sennheiser HD-25 headphone. Will these be overkill? Budget for these is not an issue.

Tanchjim Space
FiiO KA5
iBasso DC04 Pro
HiBy FC4

Almost half price options:
Shanling UA1 Plus (dual dac)
Tanchjim Space Lite

Any other options?

I am also planning to use it as desktop DAC and connect my Logitech Z623 2.1 setup. Will simply connecting my Logitech input to DAC and connecting DAC to PC with a USB-C to A cable work?

Aug 2, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #5,182 of 6,485
Guys I am planning to get a portable dac and was set on Space but there are similar options in similar price range and am confused what to pick. I currently have a Samsung S21 Ultra and Sennheiser HD-25 headphone. Will these be overkill? Budget for these is not an issue.

Tanchjim Space
FiiO KA5
iBasso DC04 Pro
HiBy FC4

Almost half price options:
Shanling UA1 Plus (dual dac)
Tanchjim Space Lite

Any other options?

I am also planning to use it as desktop DAC and connect my Logitech Z623 2.1 setup. Will simply connecting my Logitech input to DAC and connecting DAC to PC with a USB-C to A cable work?
1 vote for the Ibasso DC04 Pro.👍

Aug 2, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #5,183 of 6,485
Aug 2, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #5,185 of 6,485
Aug 3, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #5,186 of 6,485
Hi guys, I have been reading a bunch about dongles and have a few ideas about what I want to attach to my LG G7 ThinQ and just arrived Letshouer S12 Pro.

First let me say the dac and amp in the G7 beat the Creative sxfi for sound quality, the AQ Black and the AQ Red. I have not tried any other dongles with this phone, but am thinking about something under $100. The phone has plenty of volume left since I do not listen to it loud. I do know the ifi Zen Dac on my desk brings forth quite a bit more quality from the S12 Pros.

Here are my wants:
  1. Under $100, the more the merrier.
  2. SE and Balanced outputs, since the S12 Pro can use it, not sure how much better it might be though.
  3. Solid secure USB C Attachment that does not come disconnected in the trouser pocket
  4. Replaceable cable
  5. Sound that is close to neutral

I really appreciate ideas, especially from guys who may know the LG V series and others sound and who have been around the block regards pocketable value oriented setups.

Cheers!

Aug 3, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #5,187 of 6,485
Hi guys, I have been reading a bunch about dongles and have a few ideas about what I want to attach to my LG G7 ThinQ and just arrived Letshouer S12 Pro.

First let me say the dac and amp in the G7 beat the Creative sxfi for sound quality, the AQ Black and the AQ Red. I have not tried any other dongles with this phone, but am thinking about something under $100. The phone has plenty of volume left since I do not listen to it loud. I do know the ifi Zen Dac on my desk brings forth quite a bit more quality from the S12 Pros.

Here are my wants:
  2. SE and Balanced outputs, since the S12 Pro can use it, not sure how much better it might be though.
  3. Solid secure USB C Attachment that does not come disconnected in the trouser pocket
  4. Replaceable cable

I really appreciate ideas, especially from guys who may know the LG V series and others sound and who have been around the block regards pocketable value oriented setups.

Cheers!
take a look at DC04pro :o2smile:

Aug 3, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #5,189 of 6,485
Thanks for the rec, I too have looked at it, but it does not meet my #1 want of under $100. Unless you are going to make up the difference. :relaxed:
I think you should try to find some deals in your local shops, I bought DC04pro in a local shop in my country only for $90 :D

Aug 3, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #5,190 of 6,485

Here are my wants:
  4. Replaceable cable

Cheers!

You can read about the Colorfly CDA M1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back