USB-C Sucks. 3.5mm Is Real Sound!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #61 of 320
You are talking about personal preference and situation. I have an iPhone. There is nothing more convenient and compact for an iPhone than iPods. The one on the far right in your picture is comparable to iPods in their case. I'd rather have that little tic tac box than a bunch of loose wires or a zippered case. That's my preference. I'm not telling you that your jumble of wires isn't real sound or that it sucks. Feel free to use whatever works for you. I'm just saying that I don't want tangled wires in my pocket to sort out every time I put my AirPods in my ear. I appreciate the incredible integration between the iPhone and the AirPods. They sound great and have great noise cancellation too.

But all of this is missing the point. That guy thought iPod Pros in their case weighed 200 grams. Not even close. He's saying that AirPods aren't convenient. I can tell you that they are incredibly convenient. The guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

P.S. Do any of those earphones require amps? That would ratchet up the inconvenience drastically for me.

Yes I am just discussing about my personal preference just like you prefer wireless is your personal preference.
All of them have 3.5 mm connection and is very efficient so no amps is needed, they all sound good with my iPhone SE 1st generation. you could also use them with different cables such as one with mic or even bluetooth cables.

I just want to point out that statement is inaccurate, the OP claiming the Airpods pro weighing 200 grams is also totally off therefore I also weighted my Airpods.
Edit: you didnt make an inaccurate statement, but it just appears to me that you imply it is not easy to find a decent earphone weight less than airpods, but it is acrtually harder to find one that weight more.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #62 of 320
https://www.apple.com/airpods-pro/specs/

https://www.fda.gov/radiation-emitt...nes/radio-frequency-radiation-and-cell-phones

https://www.headphonesty.com/2021/06/is-bluetooth-safe/

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/are-bluetooth-headaphones-safe

Just because scientists are testing low level non ionizing radiation (aka Radio Frequency Energy) for safety, it doesn't mean it isn't safe. Scientists test all kinds of hypothesis that don't end up panning out. Look at the amounts we are talking about with AirPods and then look at the FDA's standards for the level where it becomes dangerous. Not even close.

Get a clue. You don't know what you're talking about.
Brother. Like you are believing on some scientist that their research is true and do no harm to human, I am also believing on some research I shown that BT Waves are harmful to human. Regarding AirPod weight, I can see they mentioned 45 gram only but I have very high doubt as I took it from my friend's hand and it did not feel that much low weight.

It's a complot just to piss you off, it's all planned. We are all actors.
Well, that is what I am saying. Just because I want to use 3.5mm Jack, that does not mean that I should settle with some low level poor built phone device.

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #63 of 320
The FDA says that there should be no danger. You can cherry pick any fringe "authority" you want, but it doesn't make it true. If you think 45 grams feels like 200 grams, you aren't a very good judge of weight. (Not to mention other things...)

Well, that is what I am saying. Just because I want to use 3.5mm Jack, that does not mean that I should settle with some low level poor built phone device.

WRONG! Asked and answered.

I remember when the 3.5 mm jack was introduced. There were fools who claimed that quarter inch jacks "sounded better". Some people cling to the past.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #64 of 320
This platform is to discuss and discover new things.

It's frustrating when someone is so narrow minded and doesn't allow room for other opinions.
Maybe these people should start blog instead.

Everyone can have their own opinion, but you should not disrespect and undermine other opinions.

We have also gone off topic here, obviously his questions could not be answered as he does not want to accept technical facts.

He just continues to believe in his facts, seems like he is smarter than everyone else. 🙆🏻‍♂️
Brother. I am very flexible but that does not mean that I should be forced to use something which is not even good and not convenient and if I want to use 3.5mm Jack, then I should settle with poor build quality and slow processor mediocre phones.

2nd thing, I did not find any article or in Android documentations that if external DAC is used, then internal DAC will not be used at all.

The FDA says that there should be no danger. You can cherry pick any fringe "authority" you want, but it doesn't make it true. If you think 45 grams feels like 200 grams, you aren't a very good judge of weight. (Not to mention other things...)
I still have doubt that they provide correct weight. Apple is famous for hiding information about the products. Like till now, no one knows what kind and capacity of battery they use or what kind of RAM they have or anything internal. Their earbuds/earphones also do not mention anything abt the freq range, driver size etc.
WRONG! Asked and answered.

I remember when the 3.5 mm jack was introduced. There were fools who claimed that quarter inch jacks "sounded better". Some people cling to the past.
Don't know about that but one thing I know that ever since I started using Mobile, it was having 3.5mm Jack since ever. And there are 100s of earphones which has 3.5mm plug but there is hardly any with USB C. So unless you add another device (Dongle or Connector), you cannot use them.

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #65 of 320
Apparently, if you eat too many bananas, you are exposed to harmful amounts of radiation??

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #66 of 320
That depends on whose banana it is!

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #67 of 320
Brother. Like you are believing on some scientist that their research is true and do no harm to human, I am also believing on some research I shown that BT Waves are harmful to human. Regarding AirPod weight, I can see they mentioned 45 gram only but I have very high doubt as I took it from my friend's hand and it did not feel that much low weight.

I just weighted Airpods and it is 46g, please see post #61... yes that not an the pro but I am sure that is nowhere near 200g.
trying hard to defend this totally wrong statement only make yourself appears less convincing .. just FYI..

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #68 of 320
@MelodyMood Not trying to be contrary or argumentative, but I must be honest with you. I would be shocked if you are actually cognitively flexible. Going only by the evidence in this thread so plenty of room for error I'll admit.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #69 of 320
I am not agree with you here fully. You were FORCED to buy mediocre and poor quality Phone just because you wanted 3.5mm Jack. So these companies are still providing 3.5mm Jack in their phones but intentionally they will put the jack in the phones which are way below from their high end phones in all aspects of the quality. They will give you Slow and Mediocre Processor, Poor Quality Plastic Build, Smaller Battery Size, Poor Quality Camera and what not. For Find X3 and X3 Neo, they are giving high end processor like SD 865 or 870 SoC, 650 GPU, better refresh rate and all. You can compare these phones here: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10719&idPhone2=10786&idPhone3=10787

Immediately you will realise that they are considering us, whoever wants to have 3.5mm Jack, like beggar and filthy people so they should be provided with cheap and poor quality phones and do not deserve to use high end phones. This is what I am against of it too. Almost all the companies are still providing 3.5mm Jack but only not in their high end phones. WHY?
You clearly don’t own an Oppo Find X3 Lite, and rubbishing another person’s choice of equipment is poor form.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #71 of 320
How can someone be afraid of weak BT signals, but fine about using a cellphone?:thinking:

I think we all agree that @MelodyMood wants a jack plug on his devices. For everything else, wow.

Sep 16, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #74 of 320
It's all down to consumer choices... If it's that important, it will be actively harming sales, then why did LG mobile division go under?

Most people simply don't care and have already switched to BT headphones. My new phone have a great 3.5mm jack with microSD card support but BT audio is still used daily.

I do have gripes about how Samsung and Apple handles BT codec but that's for another thread...

Sep 16, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #75 of 320
That is what I am saying, it will not send the Digital Signal to External Dongle. Digital Signals were sent to Internal DAC and already converted into Analog so external Dongle with DAC is only passing it to Earphones.
That is not possible. A DAC (digital to analog converter) must receive a digital signal, it cannot process an analog signal. In order for a dongle DAC to process an analog signal from the phone, it would need to contain an ADC and a DAC, and I'm not aware of any dongle that does.

I'm extremely happy with my LG G8 ThinQ. It sounds miles better than my wife's Samsung S9, and the LG's internal Quad DAC sounds better than my XTremPro X1 dongle DAC, both using UAPP. According to Darko, LG phones are comparable in sound quality to an iPhone with Dragonfly Red. https://darko.audio/2018/06/the-dap-days-are-over-part-3-lg-v30/

I plan to keep the G8 for several years. Hopefully by then someone else will step up and provide another audiophile phone. I will never buy into Apple's closed world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back