USB-C Sucks. 3.5mm Is Real Sound!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #46 of 320
It's been true of all of my phones. I could replace the batteries, but there are so many new features and upgrades in the new models, it's not worth it. I think that is going to be true of bluetooth too as spatial audio gets more sophisticated. That will be a significant improvement over older headphones, and wired headphones won't be able to keep up. There's more to bluetooth headphones than just wireless playback. The AirPods Max point the way to something completely new.
Yes and no, sadly have to go to work now, but thank you for the conversation. Perhaps we'll resume it later. Cheers.

Sep 15, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #47 of 320
AirPods Pro in their case weigh about 45 grams. Find a decent set of headphones that weigh less.

If a jack will short out with a dongle, it will short out with a headphone being plugged in and pulled out too.

Feel free not to use in ear. But they are convenient for many people. Your eccentrically shaped head holes only apply to you.

Your claim about bluetooth being unhealthy is complete bull crap. If Bluetooth is dangerous, then so is radio. That is where I stop reading and answering your ridiculous comments any further. You felt out don't know what you're talking about.

Have a nice day, champ! On the way out, pick up your consolation prize. Thanks for playing! Buh-Bye!

Why does Sound Science attract these people? Do they expect us to validate them? Do they just like to argue losing arguments? Are they just talking to themselves?

He was sent here by a mod after he spammed the dongle DAC topic.

Either it's his ignorance or he just doesn't get it.
I have written with him privately and talked to a wall

So don’t waste your time, if he isn’t willing to learn and listen. I give up.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #48 of 320
Yep, sometimes you just have to accept that people are unable to actually integrate new information or other perspectives. They are simply trapped in their universe. I actually feel sorry for people who are so inflexible. I have no idea with this individual, but inflexibility can be a trait found with people on the autism spectrum, for one example, and people on the spectrum are often very intelligent so finding them here is perfectly reasonable to expect.

I am not saying that spectrum people are the only cognitively inflexible people, not at all, but if such individuals latch onto an opinion or topic of interest, dislodging them or even shifting their opinions/beliefs even a hair can be a monumental task.

So again, just to be clear, I am making no statement about any one individual, I am simply speaking generally. I have actually had conversations with spectrum members here over the years and in ever case that I can recall, their experiences in threads is often acrimonious as their inflexibility greatly irks those who are trying so hard to get them to consider the perspectives of others, which generally is not easy for a truly spectrum person. They aren't bad people, they just have unique brains that differ from the general population.

Anyway, I'm at work so time to get at it. Cheers.

Sep 15, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #49 of 320
This platform is to discuss and discover new things.

It's frustrating when someone is so narrow minded and doesn't allow room for other opinions.
Maybe these people should start blog instead.

Everyone can have their own opinion, but you should not disrespect and undermine other opinions.

We have also gone off topic here, obviously his questions could not be answered as he does not want to accept technical facts.

He just continues to believe in his facts, seems like he is smarter than everyone else. 🙆🏻‍♂️

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #50 of 320
I gave him a chance and fair warning. He’s just here to rant at himself. Our only purpose to him is to validate his crazy.

Many thanks to the admins that sent him to us.

Sonic Defender, I’ve brought up that subject in the past to mention how Internet forums attract that type of person, but I just got in trouble for it. It’s the unspoken elephant in the corner of most Internet forums. I have theories about why that is, but I don’t want to get in trouble again, so I’ll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #51 of 320
AirPods Pro in their case weigh about 45 grams. Find a decent set of headphones that weigh less.

If a jack will short out with a dongle, it will short out with a headphone being plugged in and pulled out too.

Feel free not to use in ear. But they are convenient for many people. Your eccentrically shaped head holes only apply to you.

Your claim about bluetooth being unhealthy is complete bull crap. If Bluetooth is dangerous, then so is radio. That is where I stop reading and answering your ridiculous comments any further. You felt out don't know what you're talking about.

Have a nice day, champ! On the way out, pick up your consolation prize. Thanks for playing! Buh-Bye!

Why does Sound Science attract these people? Do they expect us to validate them? Do they just like to argue losing arguments? Are they just talking to themselves?
Just do not feed him.

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #52 of 320
Whether stuff like Bluetooth, 3.5mm headphone jacks, or external DACs are convenient is purely subjective.

Personally, I prefer to use a built in 3.5mm jack on my phone and wired iems when I’m out and about. My old iPhone 6 was the last iPhone to use a 3.5mm jack and I loved it. Minimum amount of kit to carry and charge, and it sounded good.

When the time came to replace the phone, I considered another iPhone, but they no longer use the 3.5mm jack. A new iPhone would mean using a dongle or Bluetooth IEMs. However, I wasn’t FORCED to go down this route. There’s still plenty of other phone manufacturers who include a 3.5mm jack on their phones.

I chose an Oppo Find X3 Lite, which has a 3.5mm jack, and my IEMs sound great out of it. It also works great with Bluetooth headphones and I can also use a dongle with it too if I want.

If a phone manufacturer stops offering a 3.5mm jack, I’ll shop elsewhere, it’s not a problem. If other people prefer to use dongles/Bluetooth, then that’s their choice, they know what works for them.

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #53 of 320
As far as I know, all phones can do a headphone out. You just need a little plug adapter with some models.

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #54 of 320
Brother. Where are you living. Use the weighing scale again. It is approx 200 Grams with Case. And any wired earphone will be 25-30 grams mostly so even if you consider Airpod alone weight 45 gram, that is also much more than.

This is true actually. Not many people know abt this. Radio waves is entirely different than BT and Wireless. If you have noticed, it is often recommended to keep Phones away from head while sleeping. Because of the waves our body receives. That is why it is also recommended to use Handsfree for longer talk. Same is applicable for Bluetooth too. It is, after all, waves only which can harm our body.

Whether stuff like Bluetooth, 3.5mm headphone jacks, or external DACs are convenient is purely subjective.

Personally, I prefer to use a built in 3.5mm jack on my phone and wired iems when I’m out and about. My old iPhone 6 was the last iPhone to use a 3.5mm jack and I loved it. Minimum amount of kit to carry and charge, and it sounded good.

When the time came to replace the phone, I considered another iPhone, but they no longer use the 3.5mm jack. A new iPhone would mean using a dongle or Bluetooth IEMs. However, I wasn’t FORCED to go down this route. There’s still plenty of other phone manufacturers who include a 3.5mm jack on their phones.

I chose an Oppo Find X3 Lite, which has a 3.5mm jack, and my IEMs sound great out of it. It also works great with Bluetooth headphones and I can also use a dongle with it too if I want.

If a phone manufacturer stops offering a 3.5mm jack, I’ll shop elsewhere, it’s not a problem. If other people prefer to use dongles/Bluetooth, then that’s their choice, they know what works for them.
I am not agree with you here fully. You were FORCED to buy mediocre and poor quality Phone just because you wanted 3.5mm Jack. So these companies are still providing 3.5mm Jack in their phones but intentionally they will put the jack in the phones which are way below from their high end phones in all aspects of the quality. They will give you Slow and Mediocre Processor, Poor Quality Plastic Build, Smaller Battery Size, Poor Quality Camera and what not. For Find X3 and X3 Neo, they are giving high end processor like SD 865 or 870 SoC, 650 GPU, better refresh rate and all. You can compare these phones here: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10719&idPhone2=10786&idPhone3=10787

Immediately you will realise that they are considering us, whoever wants to have 3.5mm Jack, like beggar and filthy people so they should be provided with cheap and poor quality phones and do not deserve to use high end phones. This is what I am against of it too. Almost all the companies are still providing 3.5mm Jack but only not in their high end phones. WHY?

By the time electronics wear out, there’s something else that is better to get.
FYI Brother. There are studies conducted and some more research going on how BT can harm human. I am quoting something below form a Health website:

While the AirPod’s SAR is well within the range of permitted amounts, many scientists worry that the current SAR regulations don’t effectively account for the risks potentially associated with prolonged exposure to these lower levels of radiation.

Some experts predict that even at lower SAR levels, prolonged, chronic use of our wireless devices could very well add up over time and hurt our health.

“If one uses the AirPods many hours a day, the cumulative exposure to the brain from this microwave radiation could be substantial,” Moskowitz stated on his website.

And this link to that site: https://www.saferemr.com/2016/09/airpods-are-apples-new-wireless-earbuds.html

This guy is Ph.D. and Director of Center for Family and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley. This is one of the world's Top most University. I am sure you would be agreed that this guy MIGHT know little bit more than you and me on health.

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #55 of 320
I am not agree with you here fully. You were FORCED to buy mediocre and poor quality Phone just because you wanted 3.5mm Jack. So these companies are still providing 3.5mm Jack in their phones but intentionally they will put the jack in the phones which are way below from their high end phones in all aspects of the quality. They will give you Slow and Mediocre Processor, Poor Quality Plastic Build, Smaller Battery Size, Poor Quality Camera and what not. For Find X3 and X3 Neo, they are giving high end processor like SD 865 or 870 SoC, 650 GPU, better refresh rate and all. You can compare these phones here: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10719&idPhone2=10786&idPhone3=10787

Immediately you will realise that they are considering us, whoever wants to have 3.5mm Jack, like beggar and filthy people so they should be provided with cheap and poor quality phones and do not deserve to use high end phones. This is what I am against of it too. Almost all the companies are still providing 3.5mm Jack but only not in their high end phones. WHY?

It's a complot just to piss you off, it's all planned. We are payed all actors.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #56 of 320
Brother. Where are you living. Use the weighing scale again. It is approx 200 Grams with Case.

https://www.apple.com/airpods-pro/specs/

This is true actually. Not many people know abt this. Radio waves is entirely different than BT and Wireless. If you have noticed, it is often recommended to keep Phones away from head while sleeping. Because of the waves our body receives. That is why it is also recommended to use Handsfree for longer talk. Same is applicable for Bluetooth too.

https://www.fda.gov/radiation-emitt...nes/radio-frequency-radiation-and-cell-phones

https://www.headphonesty.com/2021/06/is-bluetooth-safe/

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/are-bluetooth-headaphones-safe

Just because scientists are testing low level non ionizing radiation (aka Radio Frequency Energy) for safety, it doesn't mean it isn't safe. Scientists test all kinds of hypothesis that don't end up panning out. Look at the amounts we are talking about with AirPods and then look at the FDA's standards for the level where it becomes dangerous. Not even close.

Get a clue. You don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #57 of 320
In my opinion, the type and quality of the earphones swamp any degradation from bluetooth compared to wired.

I use a Bose QC BT headphones during my commute which increasingly look out of place with others wearing IEMs. My wife bought me a set of Airpods max and I just couldn't live with them as it is a big step down from using proper headphones. They are fine for you tube and calls but the sound quality was relatively poor. Having done some research, reading reviews etc, I bit the bullet and purchased a set of Jabra 85T elite. It is definitely a big step up in sound quality to the Airpods but still can't compare with the headphones. Apparently the top line Sennheiser are even better but still are not considered hi fi. Even though they have come a long way, maybe I'm expecting too much from IEMs.

Sep 16, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #58 of 320
The AirPods Max are really close to my ideal. Just a tad less low bass and a slight tick up in the vocal range. I'm very happy with them. Everyone prefers a different response curve. I find I like the first Harman.

Sep 16, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #59 of 320

I believe over 99% of earphones in the market weight less than that, even with a pouch/case. Even custom monitors weight less than that.

I would put my earphones in the front pocket of my T-shirt any day, but not the Airpods with the case.

FB3B6EC6-8C31-4074-A0E6-3C44BEF02109.jpegC9962217-27DE-49D0-A8EB-B22655209BEC.jpeg4317B218-6D03-4C65-B8E5-55B06D7460D2.jpeg18C0EC19-B940-4211-927E-C3B454EAC33F.jpegEFF63125-6EF1-44FF-9825-021DDAFAF78B.jpeg

That said, weight isn't much of an issue with wireless earphones to me. I just don't like to have too many electronics to charge everyday, the hassle it gives > the convenience it brought to me.

Second being the USB-C is more prone to fail for too much plugging/unplugging, the lightning port is more sturdy though, but I just hate dongles.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #60 of 320
You are talking about personal preference and situation. I have an iPhone. There is nothing more convenient and compact for an iPhone than iPods. The one on the far right in your picture is comparable to iPods in their case. I'd rather have that little tic tac box than a bunch of loose wires or a zippered case. That's my preference. I'm not telling you that your jumble of wires isn't real sound or that it sucks. Feel free to use whatever works for you. I'm just saying that I don't want tangled wires in my pocket to sort out every time I put my AirPods in my ear. I appreciate the incredible integration between the iPhone and the AirPods. They sound great and have great noise cancellation too.

But all of this is missing the point. That guy thought iPod Pros in their case weighed 200 grams. Not even close. He's saying that AirPods aren't convenient. I can tell you that they are incredibly convenient. The guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

P.S. Do any of those earphones require amps? That would ratchet up the inconvenience drastically for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back