USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 6, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #1,367 of 6,195
My LG G6 Quad Dac version capable of "16-bit direct mode which goes up to 192000Hz" according to the developers. The limit with Tidal is 48000Hz/24-bit max since is not possible to decode MQA at the moment. So I guess whe should stick to personal hi res files.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #1,368 of 6,195
I've been told the beta is in early stages. Just join if you have a LG with Hifi Dac.

For future testers with same phone (LG G6 Asian variant) these are the recommended settings:

Play through android
Android audio driver - HiRes Direct driver
Android sample rate - Variable rate
Force 16 bit - unchecked

HiRes audio settings:
HiRes driver flags - all unchecked
HiRes driver audio format - 16 bit
Bit Perfect - On

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #1,369 of 6,195
For future testers with same phone (LG G6 Asian variant) these are the recommended settings:

Play through android
Android audio driver - HiRes Direct driver
Android sample rate - Variable rate
Force 16 bit - unchecked

HiRes audio settings:
HiRes driver flags - all unchecked
HiRes driver audio format - 16 bit
Bit Perfect - On

Note that the Android sample rate and force 16-bit options have no influence in the HiRes direct mode. Bit-perfect is not necessary, it depends on whether you want to apply EQ etc.

Jan 6, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #1,370 of 6,195
Good to know. It's great at last to get support from your impressive app with our LG phones.

Since I had the LG V10 some time ago I don't want to spend any money in dedicated DAPS or USB DAC's. The quality of the ESS DAC and amp is capable of a great quality.

Jan 6, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #1,371 of 6,195
Hey everyone, I got a new Kindle Fire HD for Christmas, and just sideloaded a bunch off apps and linked it up to my Google account. I use the USB Audio Player Pro app with my phone, but it's not recognizing my Ifi Idsd Black Label with my Kindle.

Are there any tweaks I can make to get the app to recognize the device? It's the only app I use in my LGv20 that I can't get running on this Kindle.

Jan 7, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #1,372 of 6,195
Jan 7, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #1,373 of 6,195
Hey everyone, I got a new Kindle Fire HD for Christmas, and just sideloaded a bunch off apps and linked it up to my Google account. I use the USB Audio Player Pro app with my phone, but it's not recognizing my Ifi Idsd Black Label with my Kindle.

Are there any tweaks I can make to get the app to recognize the device? It's the only app I use in my LGv20 that I can't get running on this Kindle.

It depends on the generation of Kindle if I read it correctly on some forums. If it doesn't work, you can assume it doesn't have OTG.

Jan 26, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #1,376 of 6,195
@Davy Wentzler are you still looking for LG Quad DAC testers? Is there a new UAPP version coming soon to help us enjoy your app with V30s, etc?

Love the app and appreciate all your hard work!

Yes, please send an email to info AT extreamsd.com. I cannot say anything about the time frame.

Feb 11, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #1,379 of 6,195
Hello

I just bought, a few days ago, the Pioneer XDP-300R DAP, and UAPPapp because I wanted to be able to use its fine parametric equalizer that I also bought.
My problem : when I want to play hi-res files (More than 44,1 Khz), I hear some kind of "ghost noise" after each note. This can be well heard for instance at the beginning of "Miles Davis's Flamenco Sketches" after each bass note.
I have tried every possible setting, but without result.
When I play the same files with the Pioneed player, I don't have this bad effect.

Can please someone help ?

Feb 11, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #1,380 of 6,195
Hello

I just bought, a few days ago, the Pioneer XDP-300R DAP, and UAPPapp because I wanted to be able to use its fine parametric equalizer that I also bought.
My problem : when I want to play hi-res files (More than 44,1 Khz), I hear some kind of "ghost noise" after each note. This can be well heard for instance at the beginning of "Miles Davis's Flamenco Sketches" after each bass note.
I have tried every possible setting, but without result.
When I play the same files with the Pioneed player, I don't have this bad effect.

Can please someone help ?

Ugh, sounds like some bad resampler is used in the Pioneer. Is there any difference when changing the 'Android sample rate' (to any of the two others)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back