USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 6, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #1,352 of 6,179
I wonder if anyone can help me, I'm getting an 'error decoding' toast message when I try to stream some MQA Tidal tracks to my Meridian Explorer 2 bit -perfect. I'm using a Google Pixel XL via the official USB-C to A adapter to the official Meridian OTG cable to the DAC.

The setup works perfectly when playing 16/44.1 streams from Tidal and also MQA tracks with 44.1Khz sample rate such as Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' album play perfectly with the blue light. However if I try to stream MQA versions of 'Hotel California' which has a much higher sample rate and 'Californication' by Red Hot Chili Peppers which has a sample rate of 48Khz then I get the error toast. If I don't use bit-perfect then it works but it's not ideal.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #1,353 of 6,179
I wonder if anyone can help me, I'm getting an 'error decoding' toast message when I try to stream some MQA Tidal tracks to my Meridian Explorer 2 bit -perfect. I'm using a Google Pixel XL via the official USB-C to A adapter to the official Meridian OTG cable to the DAC.

The setup works perfectly when playing 16/44.1 streams from Tidal and also MQA tracks with 44.1Khz sample rate such as Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' album play perfectly with the blue light. However if I try to stream MQA versions of 'Hotel California' which has a much higher sample rate and 'Californication' by Red Hot Chili Peppers which has a sample rate of 48Khz then I get the error toast. If I don't use bit-perfect then it works but it's not ideal.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, sorry, today's update 3.7.8 will fix that.

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #1,354 of 6,179
@Davy Wentzler THANK you for adding a way to identify MQA!

But "HiRes" (with a hyphen, but still) is a marketing term for anything higher than 16/44.1.

Is there a legal reason you can't use "MQA" instead?

hi-res-audio-music-logos.jpg

Nov 20, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #1,360 of 6,179
Is the UAPP Bit Perfect setting applicable only for external USB DACs (mine are: Audio Quest RED and Chord Mojo)? or is it also relevant for the device's headphones (analog) output or even Bluetooth audio as well?
I have the S7edge, soon to be replaced by the LG V30+.

Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #1,361 of 6,179
After starting the app, the first song that was already in the queue did not play according to the DSD and bit-perfect options set. Solved.
Finally, that nasty problem has been solved in yesterday's update! I was waiting for almost half a year :frowning2: but thank you anyway :)

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #1,363 of 6,179
Am I right in assuming that, in regards to Android resampling to 48 kHz or not, UAPP will not help anything with a Note 4 (Snapdragon) when using its headphone output?

I don't have a USB DAC and was thinking of getting the LG V30 once they become available. Been wondering if there's any benefit to start using UAPP right now with my Note 4, as far as Android messing up with the audio is concerned.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #1,364 of 6,179
Am I right in assuming that, in regards to Android resampling to 48 kHz or not, UAPP will not help anything with a Note 4 (Snapdragon) when using its headphone output?

I don't have a USB DAC and was thinking of getting the LG V30 once they become available. Been wondering if there's any benefit to start using UAPP right now with my Note 4, as far as Android messing up with the audio is concerned.

The Note 4 has no direct audio path AFAIK, so it won't help directly, although many people feel that using UAPP without a DAC still gives the highest audio quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back