USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 4, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #512 of 6,188
The latest version of UAPP, although a bit glitchy, seems to have fixed Tidal for the most part.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #513 of 6,188
Just changing an interconnect cable stopped my UAPP functioning with screen off....boo hoo. My other music player works with the cable but it forces 48k on all bitrates.

Have  a micro-USB to female OTG USB, then a USB male to mini-USB cable (like an external HDD cable) into my DAC, but no joy messing with setting tweaks this time around.

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #514 of 6,188
I must say I am not a big fan of the new widget with close button. So many times I have closed it instead of going to the next song.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #515 of 6,188
The last update fixed a lot of things, UAPP looks much better now, thank you.
Here are a few more features, nice to have:

-play resume after restarting UAPP
-finer increments for volume adjust [at least for USB HID]
-play through folders
-highlight the current playing track [in all screens that contain it]; also, don't restart it if it is pressed by mistake in a folder or tag screen.
-option to go to the folder of the currently playing track [not by default, but as a specific action] - This can be useful if I navigate away from that, and I want to get back there.
-play queue

Thank you!

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #516 of 6,188
This app is fussy about cabling where others are not.
After messing around, if I let the screen go off by itself, the music continues. If I put the screen off with home button the DAC connection dies !

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #518 of 6,188
This app is pretty quirky.
Connect HRT microStreamer to zenfone 2 Laser visa micro-USB to mini-USB and on opening it -

1) It has one volume control vs the 2 I want for more dialability, when screen goes off ,music cuts out.
2) Put screen on, click OK on the don't disconnect while playing music warning dialogue and then it has 2 volume controls as I want and does not disconnect when screen goes off next time.
So I have to keep my earphones out of my ears to be careful of blaring volume jumps between last time it had 2 volume controls and next time it has 1 volume slider on initial re-connection.

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #519 of 6,188
It was $10 down the hole for me.  It won't play tracks in track order (defaults to alphabetic) when playing from DLNA server (MybookLive), even when the server is properly configged.   Every other (free) player picks up the config file properly.  UAPP was really disappointing and misleading because of this.  They should offer money back, as it doesn't properly support dlna
http://www.head-fi.org/t/747055/android-dlna-twonky-and-usb-audio-player-integration/15

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #520 of 6,188
  It was $10 down the hole for me.  It won't play tracks in track order (defaults to alphabetic) when playing from DLNA server (MybookLive), even when the server is properly configged.   Every other (free) player picks up the config file properly.  UAPP was really disappointing and misleading because of this.  They should offer money back, as it doesn't properly support dlna
http://www.head-fi.org/t/747055/android-dlna-twonky-and-usb-audio-player-integration/15

Plays tracks in track order from Foobar2000, JRiver and Plex just fine for me, no problems.

Dec 29, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #521 of 6,188

Why offer a money back? They offer a risk free trial version...

Dec 29, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #524 of 6,188

They were advertising DLNA support, I expected that it was going to work

Sure, they also recommend trying the free version first to check that it meets your approval prior to dropping your cash.

If you email them they will probably offer a refund in any case, most devs are fairly good like that (also report your difficulties to them, they have been awesome at continual support with updates and may well fix that for you).

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #525 of 6,188

Sure, they also recommend trying the free version first to check that it meets your approval prior to dropping your cash.

If you email them they will probably offer a refund in any case, most devs are fairly good like that (also report your difficulties to them, they have been awesome at continual support with updates and may well fix that for you).

I did contact them but they had no intent to resolve.  A bit surprising given the ubiquity of the MyBookLive.  In the end its only 10 bucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back