USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 31, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #376 of 6,188
can u add parametric eq to ur app

also can u prevent upsampling of audio in android lollipop

May 31, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #377 of 6,188
I voted "other", meaning DLNA support.

May 31, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #378 of 6,188
Jun 1, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #379 of 6,188
  can u add parametric eq to ur app

also can u prevent upsampling of audio in android lollipop

Parametric EQ will not be added in the near future. The app only upsamples when required, meaning that it only upsamples when your DAC doesn't support the sample rate of the file and there is a sample rate that is higher than the sample rate of the file. I don't see where/how lollipop comes into this equation..

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #381 of 6,188
  Just a quick test, as I don't intend using this device for listening to music, but, just for the record...

XioMi m4i,  MIUI 6.5.5/Android 5.02, with my $25 HiFiMeDIY DAC

Playing nicely.

That was over-optimistic. Not, I'm afraid, playing nicely.

At first, it seems to be, but then, if I pause the track and play, I get some "failure to reset values to 0 possibly due to lack of power" I suppose this suggests that the problem is at the DAC end of the cable and that the phone is not sending it enough power?

Jun 7, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #382 of 6,188
A small request: I would love to be able to set a default folder when browsing, or the option to choose between default folder or last chosen folder.

Great app though, money well spent.

Jun 16, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #383 of 6,188
I would like to get Tidal from UAPP.  Now a person called Geoffrey Armstrong at ComputerAudiophile created  Kobi  add on for Tidal.
Somehow it generates M3u8 file from your Tidal request. This is for WIndows or Linux. So I used ES File explorer to find this M3u8  on my PC(rename to m3u)  then ES File explorer  play with 3rd party player, where I have chosen UAPP. And eventually UAPP did play. In my test UAPP was not very happy loading files and only played one song from m3u. But it did play a flac file streamed from Tidal. 
So Davy or someone with a knowhow  can write a Tidal add on for UAPP. I hope... Please.

Jun 16, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #384 of 6,188
I have a problem with accessing music on my pc (windows 8) via Network Function. UAPP recognizes the music folder, but when it started to play the pop up message appear Error Decoding. However, when I press the play button the files running fine, but it cannot continuously play an album. Does anyone experience the same with UAPP network function?

Thank you.

Jun 18, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #385 of 6,188
I got it,  Tidal through UAPP.  You need Bubble upnp paid version and Arkmc.  Use Tidal cloud feature on Bubble UPNP, save tracks to playlist. Get ArcMC to access Bubble playlists and choose UAPP as 3rd party player.  

Jun 21, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #387 of 6,188
I can only get one track at a time, then UAPP moves to the next internet radio in the list.  When track is loaded it runs very smooth.
When there are glitches I think it is a streaming issue not UAPP.

Jun 24, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #389 of 6,188
Jun 24, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #390 of 6,188
I'm going to be travelling in a few days, so I'm gearing up to actually use this thing.

There are some things either not there or not obvious**...

How do I clear the current song list?

How do I add one or more selected songs to the current list to play. OK, got adding one, from a long press, but what if I want to add two or three, and what if  do not want to add any other items in the folder.

The currently playing song stops  when I go to local folders to browse. Mostly we do want to browse what to pay next!

And here's a buggie... selecting an audio file from file browser, and saying that I want to use UAPP to open it with, gives me a USB error with no DAC attached, even though play through Android is ticked, and works from within the player.

I'm using an Asus Fonepad-7.

**Duh... To me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back