USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 17, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #348 of 6,175
  I'm new to DSD, so please excuse the "stupid" question.

I've just installed the trial UAPP on my Note 3 and am playing it through Android as I don't have a USB DAC yet. FLAC files play fine (after a reinstall - kept getting an error message the first time).

Now I'm testing the DSF and DFF files I downloaded from justlisten.nativedsd.com. I'm getting "Error decoding!". Do I have to have a USB DAC that can handle DSD files to play them back? I guess UAPP doesn't have a software decoder to play them back through Android.

Version 2.1.0 that was released a couple of days ago has DSD-to-PCM conversion so you should be able to play all DSD (.dff/.dsf) files now. Prior to 2.1.0, UAPP required a DAC with support for DSD-over-PCM (DoP) so that DSD was played natively on the DAC.

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #349 of 6,175
Anyone else got issues editing or deleting streams? Holding the stream I would like to edit gives 2 options: Edit or Delete, pushing either of them no response, just returns to the player screen after a couple of seconds.

Should be fixed in 2.1.0 that was released a couple of days ago.

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #351 of 6,175
Thx a lot.
I tried UAPP yesterday. SQ is really good, but UI needs improvement.

My whishlist:
*Meta data edition
*Where to queqe Songs?
*How to ask UAPP to arrange songs from any album in alphabetical order?
Kindly help.
Regards,

UAPP is not a meta data editor. The Songs selection is alphabetical from any album.

Not sure what you mean with 'where to queue songs'? If you are for instance in the song list of an album you can long-press a song, select 'Add to playlist' and then 'Current playlist'.

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #353 of 6,175
We have no plans for scrobbling. Could you please enlighten me again on what 'play through folder' is?

hopefully you guys will reconsider addind scrobbling in the near future!

play through folder is an option that, at list as i remember cowon has it natively, and fiio just got it back for its new x3 2nd gen (edit: it would seem that X1 and X5 have it too).

basically it lets you play folders as they go along in the index.

it is pretty simple and a much needed choice for users that love just go along for a ride.

please consider it!

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #354 of 6,175
hopefully you guys will reconsider addind scrobbling in the near future!

play through folder is an option that, at list as i remember cowon has it natively, and fiio just got it back for its new x3 2nd gen.

basically it lets you play folders as they go along in the index.

it is pretty simple and a much needed choice for users that love just go along for a ride.

please consider it!

You mean like party shuffle without the shuffle? :)

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #356 of 6,175

exactly!

and interesting thing is that, it seems this mode can only be used on the browse folder options. at list to my knowledge fiio can only pull it through this way.

no shure if you guys could crack it for the other modes (artist, albums, etc...)

Should be easy to add for folder browsing: just take the random part out and done. I'll note it down for next release.

Apr 17, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #358 of 6,175
Im having an issue with artist info etc wotj WAV files. The app does not seem able to read artist info or anything except the file names of the tracks on all WAV format music. I've made sure many times that all info is correct but UAPP just puts them in an "Unknown artist" folder. It seems to pick and choose because some WAV rips of CDs for example show up fine.

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #359 of 6,175
Im having an issue with artist info etc wotj WAV files. The app does not seem able to read artist info or anything except the file names of the tracks on all WAV format music. I've made sure many times that all info is correct but UAPP just puts them in an "Unknown artist" folder. It seems to pick and choose because some WAV rips of CDs for example show up fine.

For everything in the artist/album/song/playlist sections, we use the Android media database and the app does not scan files. You could try running a media scanner app or use the local folder option. 

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #360 of 6,175
Davy.
Is there any way to create a playlist in Windows, then upload it to the Android device? That might enable me to (hopefully shuffle) play my entire music collection instead of having to manually select folders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back