USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Mar 14, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #316 of 6,188
i tried the 2.0 new version...it only took a few runs to make sure where is everythinh now. pretty intuitive. i like it.

nice makeover guys! great work!

the only thing im lacking now is last.fm scrobbling. any plans for that? we could go full circle!.

i'll keep posting updates if anything comes up. cheers.

Mar 15, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #317 of 6,188
I'm also enjoying the new look. Much more polished.

Now when I try to Party Shuffle my entire music folder, instead of force closing the app tells me that I've run out of memory and advises me to restart my phone.
I did try that, but it still runs out of memory. Perhaps a tweak would ensure that this does not happen?

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #318 of 6,188
Probably a stupid question, but how can I have UAPP 2.0 scan my device for new music?
I have added new music files to the folder UAPP already uses, but they don't show up.

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #319 of 6,188
Probably a stupid question, but how can I have UAPP 2.0 scan my device for new music?
I have added new music files to the folder UAPP already uses, but they don't show up.

Hmmn, interesting, just noticed that also. I would guess it is using the standard Android media library - perhaps use the devices stock app to refresh the music library and see if they then show in UAPP?

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #320 of 6,188

Hmmn, interesting, just noticed that also. I would guess it is using the standard Android media library - perhaps use the devices stock app to refresh the music library and see if they then show in UAPP?

Tried that but no luck either.
I have stored my music in a directory called 'Music'.
Only when choosing the Local Folder view sub directory's (1 level deep) with FLAC's show up.
However choosing Artists, Albums, Songs and Playlists a lot of my media doesn't show.

Mar 19, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #322 of 6,188
sounds like a bug
According to Davey UAPP is depending on how android handles files, there is no scan functionality to add files.
I cleaned files from ID3V2 tags and copied them to the media directory on my microSD card, working fine now.

Mar 19, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #323 of 6,188
According to Davey UAPP is depending on how android handles files, there is no scan functionality to add files.
I cleaned files from ID3V2 tags and copied them to the media directory on my microSD card, working fine now.

Aha! So I was right about what was going on (only my first suggested fix didn't help). Further confirmation that I am virtually always mostly right.

Mar 19, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #324 of 6,188

Aha! So I was right about what was going on (only my first suggested fix didn't help). Further confirmation that I am virtually always mostly right.

Indeed, my first attempt didn't work strangely enough, even tried an Android  SD card scanning tool.
Removing the card from my tablet, deleting the music directory and copying the 'cleaned' FLAC's over to the Media directory again did the trick.

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #325 of 6,188
Hi,

It seems to me that the app is now using more battery power (since the makeover).  I'd swear, it seems to be draining my battery much faster than usual... it's pretty much the only app I use on my phone during the workday.  UAPP is even at the top of the list in my battery-usage screen.

Do you think anything changed that could be causing this?  (or maybe my phone is just officially getting old)

Mar 22, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #326 of 6,188
Anyone else got issues editing or deleting streams? Holding the stream I would like to edit gives 2 options: Edit or Delete, pushing either of them no response, just returns to the player screen after a couple of seconds.

Apr 5, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #328 of 6,188
Hi,
I am using Moto G second gen with iBasso Dzero MKII. Cans are Vsonic GR07.
Currently I am using Neutron which is very good.
Is there any distinct advantage of using UAPP (instead of neutron) with iBasso Dzero MKII DAC? I prefer neutral and good SQ.
My all files are FLAC.
Regards,

Apr 5, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #329 of 6,188
Hi,
I am using Moto G second gen with iBasso Dzero MKII. Cans are Vsonic GR07.
Currently I am using Neutron which is very good.
Is there any distinct advantage of using UAPP (instead of neutron) with iBasso Dzero MKII DAC? I prefer neutral and good SQ.
My all files are FLAC.
Regards,

Yes. Neutron converts everything to 48 kHz (the Android standard), while UAPP sends everything to your DAC at the same sample rate as the file.

Apr 5, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #330 of 6,188
Thx a lot.
I tried UAPP yesterday. SQ is really good, but UI needs improvement.

My whishlist:
*Meta data edition
*Where to queqe Songs?
*How to ask UAPP to arrange songs from any album in alphabetical order?
Kindly help.
Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back