USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Feb 20, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #2,476 of 6,188
Feb 21, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #2,477 of 6,188
hey guys, update for the V30 owners...using tidal streaming over wifi, Hifi and Master quality:

I've been making sure to 'snooze' the persistent notifications that show on my phone before a listening session and I have noticed very much improved sound. The pops/cracks only happen very rarely now. I achieve the snooze by sliding each notification to the right and tapping the clock icon. It's only two notifications I have that are persistent and I don't want to permanently disable them as I find them useful for normal phone tasking, etc.

I really can't say why the persistent notifications would cause anything to happen with the audio stream, but there's definitely a correlation.

Feb 21, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #2,478 of 6,188
Feb 21, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #2,479 of 6,188
hey guys, update for the V30 owners...using tidal streaming over wifi, Hifi and Master quality:

I've been making sure to 'snooze' the persistent notifications that show on my phone before a listening session and I have noticed very much improved sound. The pops/cracks only happen very rarely now. I achieve the snooze by sliding each notification to the right and tapping the clock icon. It's only two notifications I have that are persistent and I don't want to permanently disable them as I find them useful for normal phone tasking, etc.

I really can't say why the persistent notifications would cause anything to happen with the audio stream, but there's definitely a correlation.

Thank you for the update.

I have also had fewer clicks and pops after uninstalling the apps I mentioned earlier and disabling some (not all) persistent notifications.

It makes sense that notifications that stay persistent by constantly renewing themselves could hog the CPU and cause latencies. I don't think all persistent notifications work that way, though.

And it doesn't explain why this only affects UAPP and not the Tidal app.

Feb 21, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #2,480 of 6,188
Hey guys. I would like to report a bug with the Toneboosters Parametric EQ addon. Basically, it doesn't apply the correct frequency adjustments, with different resolution audio (or sample rate).

For example:

Screenshot_2019-02-20-18-03-14_PROPER.png Screenshot_2019-02-20-18-03-42_WTF_IS_HAPPENING.png

As you can see, the frequency axis plane is moved to the left, when EQing with a HiRes file.

- - -

I believe the problem comes from the fact, that the addon "squeezes" the freq plane to fit the 20hz-20kHz window, when using HiRes files (In this case it's 24bit/96kHz, which have musical information beyond the spectrum range of the EQ window), but the EQ adjustments stay where they should be, leading to complete shift in everything, and EQing not being at the right place.

I also suspect, that the visual might not work correctly/accurately for 44.1 audio as well, and the addon properly works (as intended) for the standard 48kHz android resampling (that deviation should be really small, but still...). But, the entire idea of UAPP is it's HiRes capabilities, and no re-sampling. And I need the Parametric EQ to tone down some problematic areas of my music.

All player settings under the spoiler:

Screenshot_2019-02-21-17-32-46.jpg Screenshot_2019-02-21-17-33-01.jpg Screenshot_2019-02-21-17-33-07.jpg Screenshot_2019-02-21-17-33-13.jpg Screenshot_2019-02-21-17-33-22.jpg Screenshot_2019-02-21-17-33-30.jpg Screenshot_2019-02-21-17-33-35.jpg Screenshot_2019-02-21-17-37-35.jpg

- - -

I've just tried turning on the HiRes Driver (upsampling the HiRes 96kHz file to 196kHz in this case), and the plane shifted even further, with 6-8kHz going somewhere in the 2kHz region, confirming my suspicions on what is actually happening (all other player settings remain the same as those in the spoiler above, with the exception for the hiRes Direct Driver, which makes upsampling to the DAC's native SR work):

Screenshot_2019-02-21-17-39-07.jpg Screenshot_2019-02-21-17-36-33_192kHz_WTF.png

- - -

Keep in mind, that this is not just a "visual bug" with the spectrum analyzer. It DOES affect the EQ, and basically I have to move my EQ adjustments (sections) to the left (to ~4kHz for 96kHz audio, and to ~2kHz for 192kHz audio), in order for them to work as intended (toning down the 6-8kHz region).

I hope this can be fixed.

- - -

Device used: ZTE Axon 7

UAPP Version:

Screenshot_2019-02-21-17-39-42.jpg

Thanks for reading. If you need more information, let me know.

- - -

Shout-out to @archy121 for asking me about my personal EQ settings for Toneboosters Parametric EQ. I wouldn't have noticed this bug otherwise.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #2,482 of 6,188
Hey guys. I would like to report a bug with the Toneboosters Parametric EQ addon. Basically, it doesn't apply the correct frequency adjustments, with different resolution audio (or sample rate)..

The TB EQ was initialized with the sample rate of the first track that got played and due to a bug, not changed after that. It seems to work correctly now, although the frequency display remains below 20kHz, which was intended because you normally won't increase or lower bands above that. I'd like to send you a fix, please send me an email to info@extreamsd.com

Feb 21, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #2,483 of 6,188
The TB EQ was initialized with the sample rate of the first track that got played and due to a bug, not changed after that. It seems to work correctly now, although the frequency display remains below 20kHz, which was intended because you normally won't increase or lower bands above that. I'd like to send you a fix, please send me an email to info@extreamsd.com

Email sent. :)

[EDIT:]

Second Email sent, confirming the issue has been resolved with the fix.

Cheers! :beerchug:

Attachments

• FIX_PROOF_File-44.1_Android-44.1.jpg
    FIX_PROOF_File-44.1_Android-44.1.jpg
    965.3 KB · Views: 0
  • FIX_PROOF_File-44.1_Android-176.4.jpg
    FIX_PROOF_File-44.1_Android-176.4.jpg
    960.1 KB · Views: 0
  • FIX_PROOF_File-96_Android-96.jpg
    FIX_PROOF_File-96_Android-96.jpg
    962.8 KB · Views: 0
  • FIX_PROOF_File-96_Android-192.jpg
    FIX_PROOF_File-96_Android-192.jpg
    960.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #2,486 of 6,188
@Davy Wentzler: Just discovered what I think must be a minor bug in 5.0.8: Selecting Library -> Artists -> (select artist) -> 3dot menu -> Play all will add everything in that GENRE to the Queue -- not just everything by the selected artist.

I only noticed now, don't

I cannot reproduce it.

Feb 27, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #2,488 of 6,188
I cannot reproduce it.

Wow, it's consistently reproducible on my phone.

It only occurs if the Artist you select has more than one album, so those albums are listed after selecting Artist. for Artists with only a single album, UAPP goes straight into that album after selecting the Artist -- in which case there is no Play all option in the 3dot menu.

Edit: I just tried Clearing my database and re-scanning. Same thing, unfortunately.

IOW I have no way to play all music by a single Artist, I have to individually select albums or tracks. I don't often do that, so not a huge problem for me. But Play all is a great feature otherwise and fits perfectly in the context of Library browsing.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #2,489 of 6,188
Wow, it's consistently reproducible on my phone.

It only occurs if the Artist you select has more than one album, so those albums are listed after selecting Artist. for Artists with only a single album, UAPP goes straight into that album after selecting the Artist -- in which case there is no Play all option in the 3dot menu.

Oh, THAT 3-dot option. I know it's confusing, but that's just the 'Play all' for the whole library. If you want to play all tracks from an artist, you need to select the 3-dot icon of the artist, a screen before selecting the actual artist. There will be a change in the near future where on top of the Artist screen, a shuffle and play all button will be displayed, but there always needs to be a way to play the whole library (which in this case is the top-right menu).

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #2,490 of 6,188
Oh, THAT 3-dot option. I know it's confusing, but that's just the 'Play all' for the whole library. If you want to play all tracks from an artist, you need to select the 3-dot icon of the artist, a screen before selecting the actual artist. There will be a change in the near future where on top of the Artist screen, a shuffle and play all button will be displayed, but there always needs to be a way to play the whole library (which in this case is the top-right menu).

Excellent, I see that now, and it works. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back