USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Sep 4, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #5,881 of 6,177
Are you absolutely sure regarding Apple Music on Android ?

I am an iPhone user but after using a couple of Android DAPs for a couple of years I am considering going to a Samsung S23 instead of an iPhone 15. As such I have been doing a bit of reading about Tidal and Apple Music on Androids phones and I have seen many references to bit perfect playback for both with the more recent versions of the apps for a year or more.

I understand that Android 14 has done away with the 48kHz thing but based on what I have read it seemed Tidal and Apple had worked around that anyway, just like on iPhone, some time ago.

I would love to know for certain as that would play into my decision.
USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP) on any Android device will circumvent the Android audio processing and play in bitperfect if a suitable DAC is found.
From my experience any external DAC will work. Internal DAC of a DAP will work. Internal DAC of a LGxx phone will work. No idea about Samsung.
The app uses an API for Tidal & Qobuz. Apple music & Amazon HD is stuck with Android audio. IIRC UAPP has a compatibility list on their web site.

Cheers.

Sep 4, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #5,882 of 6,177
Are you absolutely sure regarding Apple Music on Android ?

I am an iPhone user but after using a couple of Android DAPs for a couple of years I am considering going to a Samsung S23 instead of an iPhone 15. As such I have been doing a bit of reading about Tidal and Apple Music on Androids phones and I have seen many references to bit perfect playback for both with the more recent versions of the apps for a year or more.

I understand that Android 14 has done away with the 48kHz thing but based on what I have read it seemed Tidal and Apple had worked around that anyway, just like on iPhone, some time ago.

I would love to know for certain as that would play into my decision.
Currently Apple resamples to 48khz on android.

Sep 4, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #5,883 of 6,177
Recently switched from an iPhone 13pro max to the Samsung fold 5. Found that Apple Music was able to output bit perfect via usb to my cayin ru7 and ifi gryphon

Sep 4, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #5,884 of 6,177
Recently switched from an iPhone 13pro max to the Samsung fold 5. Found that Apple Music was able to output bit perfect via usb to my cayin ru7 and ifi gryphon

Thank you vey much for actual personal experience rather than just repeating what seems to be commonly believed based on what was previously the case.

Sep 4, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #5,885 of 6,177
Currently Apple resamples to 48khz on android.

Apparently not, see below, which is consistent with what my bit of online research indicated.

Several articles and comments indicated that a number of Android phones work bit perfect with Apple Music and Samsung seem to be mentioned frequently as working in that manner.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #5,886 of 6,177
USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP) on any Android device will circumvent the Android audio processing and play in bitperfect if a suitable DAC is found.
From my experience any external DAC will work. Internal DAC of a DAP will work. Internal DAC of a LGxx phone will work. No idea about Samsung.
The app uses an API for Tidal & Qobuz. Apple music & Amazon HD is stuck with Android audio. IIRC UAPP has a compatibility list on their web site.

Cheers.

Thanks for your comments.

I am aware of that having used UAPP on two Android DAPs. I like UAPP for some applications but it is not my preferred way to use Tidal, I don’t like Qobuz and of course UAPP isn’t any use with Apple Music which I like and get for next to nothing as part of an overall Apple package between myself and my wife.

Sep 4, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #5,887 of 6,177
Apparently not, see below, which is consistent with what my bit of online research indicated.

Several articles and comments indicated that a number of Android phones work bit perfect with Apple Music and Samsung seem to be mentioned frequently as working in that manner.
Good for some, then no bit perfect on my Pixel 7, nor my old S20.

Could you please link to the articles? Thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #5,888 of 6,177
Good for some, then no bit perfect on my Pixel 7, nor my old S20.

Could you please link to the articles? Thanks.

No I can't link articles sorry, I just google searched a few weeks ago and found a bunch of stuff, I didn't save anything and you will be able to find them as readily as I did.

See the comment above from a Samsung owner above confirming that at least some phones are implemented that way, that might help a search for more information.

Sep 4, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #5,889 of 6,177
No I can't link articles sorry, I just google searched a few weeks ago and found a bunch of stuff, I didn't save anything and you will be able to find them as readily as I did.

See the comment above from a Samsung owner above confirming that at least some phones are implemented that way, that might help a search for more information.
Just checking you have Bit Perfect mode on?

Sep 5, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #5,892 of 6,177
In UAPP, have you enabled Bit Perfect?

I knew what you meant but your question is not relevant to the conversation I was having with a couple of folks here.

I have used UAPP, and yes I had it set to bit perfect, but I am not using it now so its settings are not relevant to the discussion.

Thank you.

Sep 5, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #5,893 of 6,177
I knew what you meant but your question is not relevant to the conversation I was having with a couple of folks here.

I have used UAPP, and yes I had it set to bit perfect, but I am not using it now so its settings are not relevant to the discussion.

Thank you.
You have a 'discussion' with yourself I am afraid. You are dismissive to a bunch of people telling you that Apple music (the Android app) will sample to 48kHz. So far there is just one chap claiming that the Samsung Fold 5 would do bitperfect with an external DAC. Maybe that phone runs the newest Android 14, but he did not say.
I am reading your statements as if you had made up your mind already and you did research but cannot furnish a single source to prove it.

Cheers.

Sep 5, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #5,894 of 6,177
You have a 'discussion' with yourself I am afraid. You are dismissive to a bunch of people

Seems you are reading a tone into my comments that did not exist in my head.

Sorry I can’t point to the articles and comments I found, as I said above I didn’t save links, didn’t have any reason to as I didn’t know I would need to “prove” anything. I am certain you and the other chap can google as effectively as I can.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #5,895 of 6,177
Finally with the latest update, UAAP fixed the Crative BT-W5 issue. Now i can enjoy my Fiio UTWS5 more with my preferred audio player.

Here all output to 24/96 pcm (BT-W5's highest supported output)

EFP5o3h.jpg
MvxpqvB.jpg

Creative BT-W5 , FiiO UTWS5 w/ UM Maestro (OG).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back