USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jun 11, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #5,491 of 6,179
so is that a bug that should be reported to uapp?

Not sure. When I re-launch UAPP, there are no requests for permissions, it just says usb initialized. I'm not sure if that initial process of accepting permissions causes an issue in the connection but either way, it's not a big deal for me to close the app and open it again.
Maybe I should turn on the amp first? I guess I could try that but it seems that the 3 way process of communication between the tablet, UAPP and the dac seem to cause some mis-communication. By having the permissions granted, upon relaunch the connection is fixed.. ?
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or have a setting wrong but this works for me so I'll just keep doing it this way.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #5,492 of 6,179
Not sure. When I re-launch UAPP, there are no requests for permissions, it just says usb initialized. I'm not sure if that initial process of accepting permissions causes an issue in the connection but either way, it's not a big deal for me to close the app and open it again.
Maybe I should turn on the amp first? I guess I could try that but it seems that the 3 way process of communication between the tablet, UAPP and the dac seem to cause some mis-communication. By having the permissions granted, upon relaunch the connection is fixed.. ?
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or have a setting wrong but this works for me so I'll just keep doing it this way.
at least when someone faces the same problem, you reported your experience and it may help others in the future. thanks.

Jun 12, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #5,494 of 6,179
Definitely, the amp's USB receiver is then ready to accept the USB handshake with the tablet.
Oddly I never tried this until just now and it worked. It did say there was a crash of the play queue was deleted but I don’t care about that. I’ll try it this way for the next while and see if it continues to work. The only reason I think I didn’t turn the amp on first was that with my Woo Audio WA7 it would not initialize unless the tablet and UAPP were running first, for some reason. I kept having to turn the amp off and on again to get a connection if the amp were on first.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #5,495 of 6,179
i want to ask about UAPP. I use it with shanling UA1 Pro and some cheap ALC4050. When i use those dac with UAPP, volume is always louder (good), but when i switch back to youtube or any kind app but not UAPP, volume is always lower, why ?
i also have android phone but without UAPP, volume is louder, and i can control dac volume like what i did in UAPP. Why ?

Jun 15, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #5,496 of 6,179
Since the latest Pixel 6 update added USB-DAC support: When will Pixel 6 users (finally) be able to use UAPP?
UAPP can now be purchased/downloaded in the Play Store on a Pixel 6/6 Pro.

Jun 15, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #5,497 of 6,179
Works on my Pixel 6 Pro now, doesn't control the hardware volume of my Lotoo S1. in the Volume settings I have Android 12+ volume fix checked. may try something different soon anyway.

Still the worst phone I have ever had. lol

Jun 16, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #5,498 of 6,179
Works on my Pixel 6 Pro now, doesn't control the hardware volume of my Lotoo S1. in the Volume settings I have Android 12+ volume fix checked. may try something different soon anyway.

Still the worst phone I have ever had. lol
but one of the most hyped before release :)

Jun 21, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #5,500 of 6,179
Is anybody having problems with UAPP stopping playback after the phone locks / goes black? I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra running the latest patch of android / oneui and the latest UAPP and this has suddenly started happening to me. If I put my phone down and let it lock itself the music stops until I touch the screen or otherwise wake up the phone, then the music starts back up immediately (without having to tap play). I'm puzzled because this only started happening recently. I had a look at the system / USB options to see if there were any obvious options to check or uncheck but I didn't see anything, certainly not anything that had changed.

Jun 21, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #5,501 of 6,179
Is anybody having problems with UAPP stopping playback after the phone locks / goes black? I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra running the latest patch of android / oneui and the latest UAPP and this has suddenly started happening to me. If I put my phone down and let it lock itself the music stops until I touch the screen or otherwise wake up the phone, then the music starts back up immediately (without having to tap play). I'm puzzled because this only started happening recently. I had a look at the system / USB options to see if there were any obvious options to check or uncheck but I didn't see anything, certainly not anything that had changed.
I have the same Smartphone but I do not have any issues at all. Check your battery saving options regarding background processing of apps.

Jun 22, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #5,502 of 6,179
I have the same Smartphone but I do not have any issues at all. Check your battery saving options regarding background processing of apps.

Funnily enough, I opened UAPP this morning and got this message when I plugged in my DAC:

Screenshot_20220622-141322_USB Audio Player PRO.png

I went into Settings > Apps > USB Audio Player Pro > Battery and set background use to Unrestricted:

Screenshot_20220622-141935_Settings.png

That seems to have fixed it, thanks.

Jun 24, 2022 at 11:59 PM Post #5,503 of 6,179
Hey fallas, does anyone know if there's an option to prevent my UAPP player to pause a minute into the time my phone turns the screen off due to inactivity?

Jun 25, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #5,504 of 6,179
Hey fallas, does anyone know if there's an option to prevent my UAPP player to pause a minute into the time my phone turns the screen off due to inactivity?

You could look at the previous couple of posts, to see the answer - it's probably your power saver settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back