USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jun 5, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #5,476 of 6,188
I’ve been a UAPP user for quite a long time now but am just back in the headphone world after being into daps and iems. (Still preferred UAPP to dap software)

I‘m using a Samsung A7 lite tablet in bit perfect mode via usb to my Burson Conductor 3XR. Is bit perfect supposed to defeat the volume control of the tablet? I’ve got the volume rocker turned off but the volume slider in the settings resets every time I turn on the tablet. I’ve been trying to navigate the settings and mostly doing trial and error as frankly I don’t really understand what a lot of the settings are supposed to do. I’ve manage to toggle something a couple times where the slider is disabled but if I shut the Burson down and back on again, the ”media volume” on the tablet is active again.
I was under the impression that bit perfect should be bypassing all this.

Can someone help me or do I just max the tablet volume each time.. somehow that doesn’t seem right.

Jun 5, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #5,477 of 6,188
Okay, fiddling around again.. In the volume section, under USB Volume Control I toggled from “none” to “hardware volume control” and now the media volume slider is disabled on my tablet.

My problem is that the description under the “USB Volume Control” heading talks of a “volume control at the top“ and I have no idea what that means as there’s no volume control in the app that I can see, or is that because I’m in bit perfect..?

If someone knows what I should have for settings so that my Tablet is just sending data to my Burson dac and staying out of the way I’d appreciate it. There are so many options and frankly I don’t know what half of them mean.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #5,478 of 6,188
Okay, fiddling around again.. In the volume section, under USB Volume Control I toggled from “none” to “hardware volume control” and now the media volume slider is disabled on my tablet.

My problem is that the description under the “USB Volume Control” heading talks of a “volume control at the top“ and I have no idea what that means as there’s no volume control in the app that I can see, or is that because I’m in bit perfect..?

If someone knows what I should have for settings so that my Tablet is just sending data to my Burson dac and staying out of the way I’d appreciate it. There are so many options and frankly I don’t know what half of them mean.
Bit perfect does not affect your ability to decrease or increase the volume. If your dongle or connected dac has its own volume control (ie hardware volume control) then you can select the barchart icon at the foot of your screen and adjust the hardware volume accordingly. Otherwise, if your connected dongle/dac does not have its own volume function, then your tablet volume control will be the one to use for adjusting the volume. You can also adjust how many step integers the volume buttons take in settings. Hope this helps.
The attached files are from UAPP from my LG V40 with no attached dongle/dac hence no hardware volume control. My LG device controls the volume.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220605-205753.png
    Screenshot_20220605-205753.png
    177.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220605-205744.png
    Screenshot_20220605-205744.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 0
Jun 5, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #5,479 of 6,188
Volume steps in settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220605-210422.png
    Screenshot_20220605-210422.png
    268.4 KB · Views: 0
Jun 5, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #5,480 of 6,188
Hardware volume control function when my Ztella dongle dac is connected to LG V40.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220605-210727.png
    Screenshot_20220605-210727.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 0
Jun 5, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #5,481 of 6,188
Bit perfect does not affect your ability to decrease or increase the volume. If your dongle or connected dac has its own volume control (ie hardware volume control) then you can select the barchart icon at the foot of your screen and adjust the hardware volume accordingly. Otherwise, if your connected dongle/dac does not have its own volume function, then your tablet volume control will be the one to use for adjusting the volume. You can also adjust how many step integers the volume buttons take in settings. Hope this helps.
The attached files are from UAPP from my LG V40 with no attached dongle/dac hence no hardware volume control. My LG device controls the volume.
Okay.. I found where you are. My hardware volume says the same as yours, “this device has no hardware controls” and the slider does nothing and the rocker volume buttons on the tablet do nothing.

.3EC5F5E1-6CED-424A-BD3D-A6F8E52FB1CD.jpeg

But… as I was moving things, I lost usb connection and had to restart the amp. Now, the slider is not functional but the rocker tabs change the volume. Still it says no hardware controls.

Im confused what’s happening.

4234A6FA-1CCF-43AB-A69A-678F8255FC3B.jpeg

as you can maybe make out, in the first case it shows a functioning slider and hardware volume but moving the slider or activating the rockers does nothing

626EE4A1-1649-4A67-B0B3-3FBFD83FA74C.jpeg
in the second case it’s like yours but now the tablet has control of the volume

F30E39B7-629D-4F85-8CBC-97EBBFFDE64D.jpeg

The only change was restarting my dac/amp

which is correct? I feel like bit perfect should be bypassing the volume of my tablet, no?

edit: turned off the amp again and back on. Reads like the second case but now the rocker volume does nothing..

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #5,483 of 6,188
Hello to all Head-Fi enthusiasts,
I'm glad to be a part of this fantastic team.
I need a little help though.
I listen to flac files on my unrooted Rog Phone 2 via the Etymotic ER4SR. My DAC TempoTec - Sonata HD PRO shall be arriving soon.
I wanted to know if Neutron or UAPP will be a step up from Poweramp?
If yes, then which one is better?
Your opinion will be really valuable.
Thanks!

I haven't really used Poweramp (other than just testing it, about ten years ago), but I have been using UAPP and Neutron through the years.
Both music players have worked well on the phones (Nexus 5, LG V30, LG V35) I've had.

Jun 6, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #5,484 of 6,188
Interesting finding. With the WA7 amp I had to start UAPP before turning it on or there was a chance it would not connect. With the Burson, if I start UAPP beforehand, I get the media volume being active by the rocker bar on he tablet etc. If I then close UAPP, as in stop it running and turn it back on, then all tablet volume control is defeated and all volume is controlled by the Burson.
Further, it doesnt ask me the second time for all the allowances for UAPP to work with the Burson or PnP or all that..
I guess I’ll just do what works and not understand why..

Jun 6, 2022 at 12:52 AM Post #5,485 of 6,188
I haven't really used Poweramp (other than just testing it, about ten years ago), but I have been using UAPP and Neutron through the years.
Both music players have worked well on the phones (Nexus 5, LG V30, LG V35) I've had.
Hey, thanks for your response.
I downloaded both and found Neutron to be of immense value.
I'm waiting for the TempoTec Sonata HD PRO to arrive.

Jun 6, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #5,486 of 6,188
Okay.. I found where you are. My hardware volume says the same as yours, “this device has no hardware controls” and the slider does nothing and the rocker volume buttons on the tablet do nothing.

.3EC5F5E1-6CED-424A-BD3D-A6F8E52FB1CD.jpeg

But… as I was moving things, I lost usb connection and had to restart the amp. Now, the slider is not functional but the rocker tabs change the volume. Still it says no hardware controls.

Im confused what’s happening.

4234A6FA-1CCF-43AB-A69A-678F8255FC3B.jpeg

as you can maybe make out, in the first case it shows a functioning slider and hardware volume but moving the slider or activating the rockers does nothing

626EE4A1-1649-4A67-B0B3-3FBFD83FA74C.jpeg
in the second case it’s like yours but now the tablet has control of the volume

F30E39B7-629D-4F85-8CBC-97EBBFFDE64D.jpeg

The only change was restarting my dac/amp

which is correct? I feel like bit perfect should be bypassing the volume of my tablet, no?

edit: turned off the amp again and back on. Reads like the second case but now the rocker volume does nothing..
You should have a prompt when connecting dac. Firstly run UAPP then connect dac, accept promt.

Jun 6, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #5,487 of 6,188
You should have a prompt when connecting dac. Firstly run UAPP then connect dac, accept promt.

I get 4 prompts. I accept them all but as I said later, results are different depending on whether I power up the dac/amp before UAPP or afterwards.

Jun 11, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #5,489 of 6,188
For what it’s worth, I’ve figured out my process. Turn on my tablet, turn on the Burson Conductor, accept the prompts that opens UAPP, close UAPP and re-launch it.
The relaunch is the key. Volume on the tablet is defeated and I get bit perfect to the dac in the Burson.

Without the closing and relaunch of UAPP the tablet is interfering. It’s just an extra step but works every time.

Jun 11, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #5,490 of 6,188
For what it’s worth, I’ve figured out my process. Turn on my tablet, turn on the Burson Conductor, accept the prompts that opens UAPP, close UAPP and re-launch it.
The relaunch is the key. Volume on the tablet is defeated and I get bit perfect to the dac in the Burson.

Without the closing and relaunch of UAPP the tablet is interfering. It’s just an extra step but works every time.
so is that a bug that should be reported to uapp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back