USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 4, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #4,711 of 6,187
Code is hard and more convoluted/intermingled than expected so I get it. Better to hold a release until more tested but easy to get caught out even with review. Loved the player with the right settings on the new Hiby r6. Integer upsample along with the Hiby min phase slow roll DAC filter has very good voicing, perspective and PRAT on that player. I tend to prefer bit perfect and letting a dac do it's thing but their application's symmetrical upsampling is really good. Stays solid and opens up in a natural way...at least on the Hiby.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #4,713 of 6,187
Thanks for the tips on where to look for some needed tweaks in settings. Along the way, I found a checkbox that lets UAPP access on board DSD decoding in the HiBy; that made a noticeable improvement with my SACD ISO playback. The unit now does behave as expected. I presume the software works on the Cayin N5II and Amazon HD Fire 8 and will experiment with that.

Once purchased, is there a way to download the activated / authorized APK from the playstore for sideloading onto all of one's Android devices? I don't remember if the Cayin has the play store or not (its being repaired).

Is there a way to tell it to only display certain folders when playing music? I was able to do that when scanning files. But when I went to folder mode to play some music I saw some system folders come up that have no music (e.g. Android folder).

Answer: You'll need to contact Davy at info@extreamsd.com about this, since the app uses the Play Store mechanism to verify a valid, paid-for installation.

When UAPP is in Folder View mode, it's basically the same as using "Windows Explorer" in MS Windows - so I don't think there's a way to "hide" system folders.
One thing I did, to simplify using my music files on different devices - was to create a folder hierarchy starting with a folder named "Music", and then placing all of the music folders and files into the "Music" folder. When using Folder View, once I select the Music folder, I only see the folders and files that I expect to see.

Apr 5, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #4,715 of 6,187
Seek problem with any CUE (image + cue) files!

Apr 6, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #4,719 of 6,187
Hello all. Blew the dust off the FiiO X7 recently when I got an Audeze Euclid. Doesnt really drive it sufficiently tho with any of the three amps I have for it. So I turned to the E1DA PoiwerDAC v2, using UAPP (the latest), using the X7 as a streamer only.

Thought all was good with all the higher / HDTracks sample rates & bit depths I tried. But when i fired up 44.1kHz / 24-bit, I'm getting storms on and off of jittery staticky breakup of the music playback.

Playing with the USB tweaks just altered / modulated the way the problem occurred. The only thing that completely made it go away was the "limit to 16-bit" option. But, what the heck? I played 48kHz / 24-bit and 192kHz / 24-bit encoded music w/o a problem? Why would 44.1kHz encoding give me a problem?

Is the X7 working for everyone with every sample rate and bit depth? Is there something I'm missing to 'fix' this? Is the X7 really that weak? (But again, higher bitrates work) Thanx!

(Edit: using UAPP on my Note 8 phone to the dac-amp in question playing the same music breaking up on the X7 plays fine sourced from the Note 8)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #4,721 of 6,187
Is the X7 working for everyone with every sample rate and bit depth? Is there something I'm missing to 'fix' this? Is the X7 really that weak? (But again, higher bitrates work) Thanx!

I'll answer my own question. After reading the official X7 thread and this thread for all mentions of a X7 & UAPP combo, I think the best answer is to pack the X7 back up, put it on the shelf, and let it collect dust. :/ (or just use it with the provided amp modules, not w/an external dac-amp)

But if a reader has had success with all bit depths and sample rates (problem one being 44.1kHz/24-bit) to an external dac-amp please do tell how, if other than clicking on the "limit to 16-bit" option.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #4,722 of 6,187
I'd have to check the FFmpeg sources, but my guess is that it only takes the first two channels, but I'm not 100% sure.

Hello, Regarding the quote above, I'd love to know how UAPP handles 5.1 flac or other surround encoded materials? Does it implement FFmpeg similarly to how VLC does it? I have a good collection of surround music I'd like to listen to while OTG.

I am not sure that VLC on Android does this correctly, the way it would on the desktop, and I think UAPP is vastly superior in general for audio. Is there an app that does?

Thanks,

Q

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #4,723 of 6,187
Hello, Regarding the quote above, I'd love to know how UAPP handles 5.1 flac or other surround encoded materials? Does it implement FFmpeg similarly to how VLC does it? I have a good collection of surround music I'd like to listen to while OTG.

I am not sure that VLC on Android does this correctly, the way it would on the desktop, and I think UAPP is vastly superior in general for audio. Is there an app that does?

Thanks,

Q
Hiby music player

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #4,724 of 6,187
I have a two channel systems. But I hear it supports multitrack on Trust's GXT 26 5.1 surround headphone.

Therefore if you have a multichannel DAC chances are it can play 5. 1 tracks. Try its trial on their website for confirmation.

In my case, I have numerous multi-channel SACD-ISOs and it extracts L/R channels to my stereo DAC.

Apr 6, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #4,725 of 6,187
I also am interested in using 2 ch headphones to listen to these tracks. My plan involves using Noozxoide EIZO-rewire PRO to enable system wide virtual surround, just need a player than can play the encoded files. :wink:

I downloaded Hiby player so I will try that also. thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back