USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Mar 26, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #4,681 of 6,179
UAPP should be showing 384 direct for a 24/96 MQA source, even though the R6 should show 768 (16x) on the status bar.

UAPP is just guessing that the DAP is doing 8x MQA decode. UAPP doesn't actually know because it sends the unaltered 48 kHz MQA to the DAP which is decoding and rendering (at 16x on a new R6). I have no idea why it would show 352.8 kHz (which would be a 44.1 at 8x).
Sorry I meant 384 . Thanks for the explanation

Mar 27, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #4,682 of 6,179
For some reason as of now (march 21) I can't download it onto my pixel 4a. Any ideas?

Mar 27, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #4,683 of 6,179
Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #4,685 of 6,179
Artist index not visible

Since I didn't find a real manual for UAPP may I ask here ... ?

I am using UAPP for some weeks but mainly with folder view since my album collection is nicely structured.
But now I wanted to do an artist search. I realised, there is no "Artist" in the headline.
i can see "recent", "album" and "genre" but no "artist".
In MP3 the tag situation is like in the small screenshot below. I checked, the tags names in MP3tag. They are exactly like what is seen in the headline.
"albumartist" is the same as artist, so I expected all is fine.
"album_artist" is rarely used, so I don't use it.
Is there any trick or am I looking for something, that UAPP doesn't offer?

UAPP.jpg

Hiby player has a similar UI and does show the ArtistIMG_0836.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #4,686 of 6,179
Just noticed a update was released yesterday, March 27, for my device so I just updated via Play Store on my ZX-507. Won't get a chance to use until later today, or maybe not til tomorrow, but I noted the release notes indicated they had identified and (hopefully) fixed an issue leading to high battery drain. I know UAPP was only very recently available for the ZX-507, so I was not expecting perfection, but I've seen some severe over-heating & battery drain....but also sessions with no over heating, and battery usage that was, well, still not great, but not ridiculous (e.g. ~10.5% battery use per hour vs. 25%+ per hour).

Hoping this fixes my battery drain issues because I really like UAPP, especially in comparison to the Walkman music app.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #4,688 of 6,179
Artist index not visible

Since I didn't find a real manual for UAPP may I ask here ... ?

I am using UAPP for some weeks but mainly with folder view since my album collection is nicely structured.
But now I wanted to do an artist search. I realised, there is no "Artist" in the headline.
i can see "recent", "album" and "genre" but no "artist".
In MP3 the tag situation is like in the small screenshot below. I checked, the tags names in MP3tag. They are exactly like what is seen in the headline.
"albumartist" is the same as artist, so I expected all is fine.
"album_artist" is rarely used, so I don't use it.
Is there any trick or am I looking for something, that UAPP doesn't offer?

Hiby player has a similar UI and does show the Artist

Settings | Library | Library tabs

There you can control which tags are shown as tabs.

UAPPs interface and load of features can take some time getting used to.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #4,689 of 6,179
Will uapp improve my audio quality using ibasso dc03 dongle + blon bl-01 on a premium spotify setup using my smartphone ?

It depends on the phone, but in most cases yes, because it can bypass the Android Mixer, which (on most phones) will otherwise resample all music to 48Khz and reduce it to 16-bit.

There is a trial version on the UAPP webpage:

https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial

Edit: Sorry, I wasn't paying proper attention. UAPP doesn't stream Spotify. I read that they don't provide their API.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #4,690 of 6,179
Settings | Library | Library tabs

There you can control which tags are shown as tabs.

UAPPs interface and load of features can take some time getting used to.
Perfect. Thanks!
Now I even have "Composers" for my classical music. Very nice.

Mar 28, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #4,691 of 6,179
It depends on the phone, but in most cases yes, because it can bypass the Android Mixer, which (on most phones) will otherwise resample all music to 48Khz and reduce it to 16-bit.

There is a trial version on the UAPP webpage:

https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial

Edit: Sorry, I wasn't paying proper attention. UAPP doesn't stream Spotify. I read that they don't provide their API.
Yes I know it only supports tidal primarily but if it can bypass the Android mixer, I suppose the data from spotify instead of going to Android mixer will use uapp driver instead.... Which technically "might" improve the sound. So if that's the case i might consider paying one for improved sound quality on spotify. I hope someone already experimented on this and tell me your thoughts about improvement, or none. Thanks

Mar 28, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #4,692 of 6,179
Yes I know it only supports tidal primarily but if it can bypass the Android mixer, I suppose the data from spotify instead of going to Android mixer will use uapp driver instead.... Which technically "might" improve the sound. So if that's the case i might consider paying one for improved sound quality on spotify. I hope someone already experimented on this and tell me your thoughts about improvement, or none. Thanks

I understand your question, but that is not the kind of driver UAPP provides: It is NOT a system-wide driver. It ONLY works from within UAPP. Sorry.

UAPP does support streaming both Tidal and Qobuz.

Mar 29, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #4,693 of 6,179
Thank you for solving this problem Post #4,657 of 4,692
But after update APE files again start to have problem with seek.
Plus UAPP starts having problems with some CUE files (FLAC + CUE)

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #4,694 of 6,179
Hi,
I have a realme 7 pro phone. When I connect a Dac (Sabaj Da3, Charmtek, Apple dongle), after selecting the appropriate option, the sound normally flows through the Dac. But when I run UAPP, there is no sound at all, although the dac detects even without the otg option turned on. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Mar 31, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #4,695 of 6,179
In this update(v5.9.9.5) still having seek problem with any CUE (image + cue) files and file format doesn't matters, FLAC or APE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back