USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Sep 2, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #4,051 of 6,175
Hey! Got a few questions.

1.Is it possible to use DTS: 3D on my V40 with UAPP? Its pretty good on some albums(using wide) but i cant seem to be able to use it in UAPP. Bandcamp/Tidal works.

2. Why has UAPP much lower volume than f.ex Bandcamp amd other audio/streaming services?

3. Android 10 came out couple days ago and is DSD/MQA fixed with UAPP ? Is it "safe" to uograde to android 10? Im not using DSD though. But would be fun to try i ever get my hands on some of my music in DSD
I have solved number 1. Still need answer on 3.

Sep 7, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #4,053 of 6,175
One question here regarding UAPP. I see that Google Music is mentioned, but when I enter my google account details, and select the sync option , it gives an error. (NaN and doesn't show anything after that).

In the google play music app, it asks me to use the youtube music app, as the account has been migrated to youtube music. Wondering whether that is the problem; does UAPP support Youtube Music (as Google Play Music seems to be migrating to Youtube music)?

Sep 7, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #4,055 of 6,175
One question here regarding UAPP. I see that Google Music is mentioned, but when I enter my google account details, and select the sync option , it gives an error. (NaN and doesn't show anything after that).

In the google play music app, it asks me to use the youtube music app, as the account has been migrated to youtube music. Wondering whether that is the problem; does UAPP support Youtube Music (as Google Play Music seems to be migrating to Youtube music)?

Yes, Google Music is being absorbed into Youtube. I don't recall the exact details or date, but sometime within the next 6 months or so there will no longer be a "Google Music".

I believe this was announced not too long ago, so UAPP might not have had time to update the code yet. I doubt it will take very long, since whoever is in charge over there seems pretty up-to-date on all things audio... I see them adjust code for new DAC/Amps pretty much the week they come out.

Thanks, who ever you are! :)

Sep 8, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #4,056 of 6,175
Hello! I'm using LG V40 with Tidal and UAPP. Is there a way in UAPP to be able to discover new/similar music as i can within the Tidal app? If not- is there any other Apps like UAPP that makes me utilize V40 the most with tidal and have this function? That music finder thing is just so good and practical! If there aren't any solution than to use Tidal without UAPP, I may have to find out if I can live without UAPP.

BTw, I know that room can do this, but since I don't own any speakers, just headfi and portable headfi, I think the price is too much just for an interface

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #4,057 of 6,175
On V40 it's close to an interface only but on dedicated DAPs it's more than that. First it gives better sound quality and allows full MQA unfold which for many is a big deal.
To discover similar music go to albums of an artist and at the top you should see 'Artist radio', tap it and it will take you to a list with related tracks. It is not as good as Tidal or Spotify features but maybe you'll like it.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #4,058 of 6,175
On V40 it's close to an interface only but on dedicated DAPs it's more than that. First it gives better sound quality and allows full MQA unfold which for many is a big deal.
To discover similar music go to albums of an artist and at the top you should see 'Artist radio', tap it and it will take you to a list with related tracks. It is not as good as Tidal or Spotify features but maybe you'll like it.
Thanks!! So this function is on UAPP? I've must be blind.. hehe I will check I out! Thanks for your help:wink:

Sep 11, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #4,059 of 6,175
EDIT: After toggling "Local Media Server" on and then back off in BubbleUPnP, the UAPP renderer is once again accessible. That's odd. (I only ever stream from MinimServer on my NAS and so I've never had the Local Media Server enabled. I just randomly tapped it for testing purposes and it solved the issue for whatever reason.)

Original post:
The UAPP renderer is no longer exposed in BubbleUPnP on my Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10). It used to work fine. No settings have been manually changed in either app. The renderer is set to auto-start and it flashes "running" on the screen as it should. But inside BubbleUPnP there's no UAPP renderer visible anymore.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #4,060 of 6,175
Does Last.fm works with UAPP? Or similiar apps like uapp who let me use internal dac on lg v40?

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #4,061 of 6,175
When playing back via Bluetooth, what is the optimal level of UAPP's software volume in relation to Android's own Bluetooth volume? I mean, there are two overlapping/complementary volume controls

I've noticed that if UAPP's software volume is set any louder than about half way , I get horrible pumping compression/limiting. It's not subtle, it's clearly audible and distracting. Android's own Bluetooth volume setting on the other hand doesn't seem to cause anything like it.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #4,062 of 6,175
Hello I’m using UAPP on a FIIO M11. The navigation is kind of slow and sluggish when I try to switch songs and albums and it takes forever for my album covers to pull up. I have a big music collection over 90k songs and probably 6 thousand albums. Could that be the reason it’s laggy? I don’t have this issue in poweramp or Onkyo HF Player but I prefer UAPP’s sound.

Sep 17, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #4,065 of 6,175
I get an error "error in GetStreamUrl1();" when i try playing tunes on tidal via UAPP, any idea how i can fix it ?
I also get enquequealbumquery or something everytime i go back to search after new band/song

Users who are viewing this thread

Back