USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 3, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #2,611 of 6,179
Can you please elaborate on why the UI is horrible? We'll get new Morphit profiles soon.
The buttons and other elements are tiny for a phone. (It's a horizontal UI on a vertical display). even when you rotate the phone it still covers like 30% of the display surface.
You can accidentally press and change them. It doesn't feel native android app UI. It's like a flash player running a SWF file. (If that makes any sense). I'm not a UI/UX expert but I can certainly tell it is not optimized for a phone.
Thanks for your quick response :)

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #2,612 of 6,179
The buttons and other elements are tiny for a phone. (It's a horizontal UI on a vertical display). even when you rotate the phone it still covers like 30% of the display surface.
You can accidentally press and change them. It doesn't feel native android app UI. It's like a flash player running a SWF file. (If that makes any sense). I'm not a UI/UX expert but I can certainly tell it is not optimized for a phone.
Thanks for your quick response :)

That's entirely correct. I have small fingers, so it's not a problem for me I guess. Then comes the question: what do you (or anyone else) suggests? We are talking portrait mode most of the time here, so the width is fully used and there is just little room in controlling or adding bands. You are complaining about only 6 bands. Imagine how it will be like with 10 bands! I'm all ears.

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #2,614 of 6,179
Wondering if someone with experience can help out as my experience with Android is limited.

Today I connected the V30 to the mini M-DAC using a newly ordered USB C to micro usb cable. I was hoping to use UAPP UPNP Renderer feature to play tracks remotely.

Something strange started happening straight away - the phone was charging the M-DAC which has a built in battery for optional use as a portable device. The M-DAC itself was plugged into an AC supply. I had expected the M-DAC to communicate as well as charge the phone simultaneously.

When I first connected the the M-DAC to the phone, Android bought up some permission prompts to which I quickly ticked enable/allow/yes without checking each carefully.
Maybe I selected something wrong there ? Can it be reset ?

When I go to the USB Connection options dialogue I see that Power Supply mode is automatically selected when the DAC is plugged in. When I change it to Charging or other options it quickly reverts back to Power supply mode.

Any ideas what is going on ? Cable issue ?
My phone is rooted so maybe a XDA util can help force the ISB mode to charging ?

I have the same issue with my LG V20 ever since I updated it to oreo. Not sure why this is happening and I haven't found a fix yet.

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #2,615 of 6,179
I have the same issue with my LG V20 ever since I updated it to oreo. Not sure why this is happening and I haven't found a fix yet.

Damn.

Are you using same cable type as I tried ?
I’m thinking maybe it’s to do with USB-C standard cable as it allows for two way charging.

Maybe if we used a micro usb to a standard usb 2 cable with a USB C adapter it might stop the 2 way charging function.

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #2,616 of 6,179
Damn.

Are you using same cable type as I tried ?
I’m thinking maybe it’s to do with USB-C standard cable as it allows for two way charging.

Maybe if we used a micro usb to a standard usb 2 cable with a USB C adapter it might stop the 2 way charging function.
Tried an OTG cable with an USB C adapter and the problem is still there.

Apr 4, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #2,618 of 6,179
That's entirely correct. I have small fingers, so it's not a problem for me I guess. Then comes the question: what do you (or anyone else) suggests? We are talking portrait mode most of the time here, so the width is fully used and there is just little room in controlling or adding bands. You are complaining about only 6 bands. Imagine how it will be like with 10 bands! I'm all ears.
Again, I'm not a UI designer but here is a mock-up I just put together in Photoshop for vertical UI. I can send you the PSD file too.
I think this is much more user friendly and easier to adjust. user can see the graph preview up top.
Horizontal can be the full screen graphic EQ when the user rotates the phone/DAP.
paraeq.jpg

PEQ Concept.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #2,619 of 6,179
Again, I'm not a UI designer but here is a mock-up I just put together in Photoshop for vertical UI. I can send you the PSD file too.
I think this is much more user friendly and easier to adjust. user can see the graph preview up top.
Horizontal can be the full screen graphic EQ when the user rotates the phone/DAP.

Thanks. So in what way does this differ in complexity to change a parameter to the current UI? You can select the band at the bottom left then slider your finger over one of the parameters at the bottom. The hit area of the buttons of the current UI is probably bigger than what you have.

Apr 4, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #2,620 of 6,179
Thanks. So in what way does this differ in complexity to change a parameter to the current UI? You can select the band at the bottom left then slider your finger over one of the parameters at the bottom. The hit area of the buttons of the current UI is probably bigger than what you have.
in the current UI there is too much steps to change the parameters. in this concept UI you can see all of them in a glance and change each one faster, and still have the graphic EQ up top.
But I can deal with the current UI too. adding up to 10 bands would be great though. You can set the parameters one way or another but there is no way to set more than 6 bands in the current UI.

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #2,621 of 6,179
I'm running Uapp on my Onkyo DP-X1A which most likely does not decode MQA. So I am wondering what's the difference between UAPP running MQA files with and without UAPP's MQA purchase and with normal high-res music? Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
anyone?

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #2,622 of 6,179
I'm running Uapp on my Onkyo DP-X1A which most likely does not decode MQA. So I am wondering what's the difference between UAPP running MQA files with and without UAPP's MQA purchase and with normal high-res music? Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

With the MQA decoder in UAPP (in-app purchase required), you can decode MQA. Without it, you cannot. It has no effect on non-MQA tracks.

Apr 4, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #2,623 of 6,179
Just started using the USB Audio Player Pro app. I currently listen with @Jan Meier „Soul“, but I also have a music hifi Opheus DAC and headphone amp (not to be mixed up with the Sennheiser), thy pyramid in the background, which probably has very simple DAC-Chip (PCM2704) In the past I rarely used the DAC function of the Orpheus, as it did not sound good. I listend to the Orpheus with a Samsung A7 (2018) with the USB Audio Player Pro app and the Beyerdynamic DT 1770 as headphones. What a difference. Could not believe how good it suddenly sounded. Whatever the programmers did, they did it very well.
Congratulations.

Attachments

• 71C1FAFE-23D4-4E3A-AD34-E35D2AB38827.jpeg
    71C1FAFE-23D4-4E3A-AD34-E35D2AB38827.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 4, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #2,624 of 6,179
With the MQA decoder in UAPP (in-app purchase required), you can decode MQA. Without it, you cannot. It has no effect on non-MQA tracks.
Thanks for the reply. I have not purchased it yet, but I'm still able to play MQA files. What does that mean, given that my player doesn't decode MQA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back