USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Mar 22, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #2,581 of 6,180
It first downloads the entire track before playback since the URL expires in 1 minute. There may be ways to start playback during download, but at the moment it's not possible.
I finally received the Hizidis Sonata dac 2 cable and yesterday I was trying it with the UAPP demo. Sometimes I had very loud volume (at maximum) for 1 sec. when attempting to raise volume...

Should I use hardware or software volume?
Is the compatibility with Sonata fine with the last versions?

The Sonata's need special 'treatment' to work correctly. I added a few vendor/product ID combinations, but perhaps yours is different. Please slide out the left panel, select About (with the Sonata attached), there you should see a button to send us the USB audio information. Please select that and add a small note to the email.

Mar 24, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #2,582 of 6,180
Anyone else having problems getting the LG V20 to adjust with the volume rocker unless they have the app open on the screen?
Changed the settings in the app to allow use of the volume rocker but it's not working. Any advice please?

Mar 25, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #2,583 of 6,180
@Davy Wentzler

Hi Davy,

You're doing a great job and after integrating the hi-res driver feature UAPP become a #1 audio player application for me and I'll keep on recommending it to my friends!
However, there is a little concern related to file sorting, that bothers me. I usually listen to music in Folder mode and in most cases it works totally fine, until I attempt to listen to a collection of files taken from various sources, i.e. coming with different numbering, naming, embedded info etc.

The problem is, when I start playing such file in the folder, where all the files are sorted by a file name, an automatic playlist is created, and then the whole collection is played by one of the three file sorting algorithms that can be changed in the settings, however none of them seems to be taking into account file name specifically. Because of this file queue in the playlist is different and very often is happens that the file I start playing is located at the end of the actual playlist and song order is totally different from expected.

So, the question is - if there is any way either to include sorting by file name in a playlist created from a folder or to let the files play in the order specified (sorted) in the folder initially?
I would really appreciate helping with this matter and would be happy to provide all assistance on my end, for troubleshooting the problem, like purchase info, screenshots and more detailed explanation of the issue, if required. Thanks!

Mar 25, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #2,584 of 6,180
@Davy Wentzler

Hi Davy,

You're doing a great job and after integrating the hi-res driver feature UAPP become a #1 audio player application for me and I'll keep on recommending it to my friends!
However, there is a little concern related to file sorting, that bothers me. I usually listen to music in Folder mode and in most cases it works totally fine, until I attempt to listen to a collection of files taken from various sources, i.e. coming with different numbering, naming, embedded info etc.

The problem is, when I start playing such file in the folder, where all the files are sorted by a file name, an automatic playlist is created, and then the whole collection is played by one of the three file sorting algorithms that can be changed in the settings, however none of them seems to be taking into account file name specifically. Because of this file queue in the playlist is different and very often is happens that the file I start playing is located at the end of the actual playlist and song order is totally different from expected.

So, the question is - if there is any way either to include sorting by file name in a playlist created from a folder or to let the files play in the order specified (sorted) in the folder initially?
I would really appreciate helping with this matter and would be happy to provide all assistance on my end, for troubleshooting the problem, like purchase info, screenshots and more detailed explanation of the issue, if required. Thanks!

I'm aware of the problem. I assume you have hundreds of tracks in one folder?

Mar 25, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #2,586 of 6,180
Right, around two-three hundred files, on average.

Yes, in this case the folder display would take too long if it would take into account the sorting option, so it falls back to something simpler. When tapping on a track, it will queue everything in the folder, but this time, it WILL take the option into account. I have no reasonable solution for this at the moment.

Mar 25, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #2,587 of 6,180
Yes, in this case the folder display would take too long if it would take into account the sorting option, so it falls back to something simpler. When tapping on a track, it will queue everything in the folder, but this time, it WILL take the option into account. I have no reasonable solution for this at the moment.

Anyway, thanks for the prompt response. I assume this happens, because the application was initially built based on using playlists? Hope you will find a solution in the nearest future - other than that UAPP is a great solution for high-quality audio playback!

Mar 25, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #2,588 of 6,180
Anyway, thanks for the prompt response. I assume this happens, because the application was initially built based on using playlists? Hope you will find a solution in the nearest future - other than that UAPP is a great solution for high-quality audio playback!

No, it was built as a recording app (some of you will remember!). It has nothing to do with playlists.

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #2,589 of 6,180
This you mean? :ksc75smile:

1wELcAUl.jpg

That turrned in to this...

CDflpjTl.jpg

missed the Pink color...:beyersmile:

Mar 31, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #2,591 of 6,180
I’m thinking of using the LG V30 as a media server connected to my HiFi setup.

There are remote apps that allow you to control a media player running on the PC and I’m wondering if there is one to control media app on another android device.

Does anyone know if I can control UAPP from another android/iOS device ? Ideally select tracks, playlist etc and not just play functions.

I guess some kind of screen mirroring app could possibly work but it wouldn’t be very efficient.

Mar 31, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #2,592 of 6,180
I've done this a few times, connecting my V30 to a Hi-Fi setup or to powered studio monitors. For all its wonderfulness as a headphone source, I always end up being disappointed when it's driving external speakers: Sounds like a cell phone driving a big rig -- which I guess is what it is. I've tried both Aux mode and HIM, with Aux being clearer and more natural, but a bit... well, tinny for a better word; and HIM being heftier, but a bit... well, blurry for a better word.

I can definitely see how a remote control would be handy in such cases!

Edit: Another discussion in the V30 thread made me remember this from when I was testing my V30 on an insanely high-end reference stereo system: In Aux mode I would turn volume up to 75 on the V30 to achieve the closest to a true line-out signal. However in HIM, results were better at volume 60. Of course in both cases volume was adjusted on the preamp to achieve comparable output levels.

I am sorry, this is getting too far from your question and the thread topic. Over & out.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #2,593 of 6,180
Just installed UAPP on my Android phone for use with Tidal and a MQA compatible DAC. Just a couple of questions:

1) Is there anyway for UAPP to learn my listening history from the Tidal app or do I have to start from scratch?

2) Will there be any chance of the video section from Tidal being added to UAPP?

3) Will we be getting 'suggested radio stations', 'My Mix' playlists, 'Related artists' and 'Influencer' categories added?

If these were all available on UAPP, I'd never need to use the Tidal app at all.

Mar 31, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #2,594 of 6,180
I’m thinking of using the LG V30 as a media server connected to my HiFi setup.

There are remote apps that allow you to control a media player running on the PC and I’m wondering if there is one to control media app on another android device.

Does anyone know if I can control UAPP from another android/iOS device ? Ideally select tracks, playlist etc and not just play functions.

I guess some kind of screen mirroring app could possibly work but it wouldn’t be very efficient.

I'm pretty sure you can achieve that with BubbleUPnP. You can use UAPP as renderer within the BubbleUPnP player. So I think you would just need to set up UPnP (tethering?) to communicate between the two devices. Personally, I use UAPP as renderer within the BubbleUPnP player but not across two devices.

Mar 31, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #2,595 of 6,180
I've done this a few times, connecting my V30 to a Hi-Fi setup or to powered studio monitors. For all its wonderfulness as a headphone source, I always end up being disappointed when it's driving external speakers: Sounds like a cell phone driving a big rig -- which I guess is what it is. I've tried both Aux mode and HIM, with Aux being clearer and more natural, but a bit... well, tinny for a better word; and HIM being heftier, but a bit... well, blurry for a better word.

I can definitely see how a remote control would be handy in such cases!

Edit: Another discussion in the V30 thread made me remember this from when I was testing my V30 on an insanely high-end reference stereo system: In Aux mode I would turn volume up to 75 on the V30 to achieve the closest to a true line-out signal. However in HIM, results were better at volume 60. Of course in both cases volume was adjusted on the preamp to achieve comparable output levels.

I am sorry, this is getting too far from your question and the thread topic. Over & out.

Actually my idea is to connect via V30’s usb C port to audiolabs mini M-DAC USB input - bypass V30 DAC. I also tried it through the 3.5mm jack and it was poor sounding.

Ideally I was hoping for an elegant solution ike the one offered by the MonkeyMote phone app used to control popular media players on PC. It connects to the PC media apps library and presents all the tracks into kind of a virtual player app. You can than select tracks, playlist etc and they will play on the PC media app.

screen3.png

My next question was to ask @Davy Wentzler if the M-DAC would be compatible with UAPP as an external DAC.

http://www.audiolab.co.uk/product-detail.php?pid=19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back