USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Feb 15, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #2,462 of 6,187
@Davy Wentzler

In UAPP why are we not able to get more of the lists that are visible on the Tidal app Home page ? Eg Sugessted playlists and suggested albums ?

Is it a limit imposed by Tidal ?

I have to use the Tidal app just to view these two sections and ideally that is not preferred.

Feb 16, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #2,463 of 6,187
@Davy Wentzler

Just a minor bug i think:

I use Folder View when navigating to my music. When scrolling down in searching for folder names, an album folder picture keeps randomly appearing on the other folders. And when you scroll, it goes away. In my case the folder picture in question comes from the folder "10000 Maniacs - Original Album Series" named folder.jpg. The 1st folder from an alphabetical order.

When playing DXD in LG V20 it says "Cannot Resample in Bitperfect Mode". All upsamples are off. Bitperfect is (obviously) on. On my Aroid TV w/ an external DAC. It plays smoothly.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #2,464 of 6,187
@Davy Wentzler

Just a minor bug i think:

I use Folder View when navigating to my music. When scrolling down in searching for folder names, an album folder picture keeps randomly appearing on the other folders. And when you scroll, it goes away. In my case the folder picture in question comes from the folder "10000 Maniacs - Original Album Series". The 6th folder from an alphabetical order.

When playing DXD in LG V20 it says "Cannot Resample in Bitperfect Mode". All upsamples are off. Bitperfect is (obviously) on. On my Aroid TV w/ an external DAC. It plays smoothly.

Thanks!
Mickey
Using Android TV to Topping DAC.
I use Folder view primarily because with over 75,000 MP3, Flac and ISO files, I find the system slow and buggy. I have never seen any album art on the folders. Where do you think that album art come from?? Is it in the folder for 10,000 Maniacs??
If it is, it might be interesting to see what happens if you remove it from the folder, at least temporarily

Feb 16, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #2,465 of 6,187
Good Idea! :thumbsup:

Will rename/remove it temporarily.

Album art on folders...As I recall:
It will search for an image named folder.jpg (which I have most on my folders).
If not, it will search image on music files (most of which they have also).

This is taken from my phone, but will give you an idea.

coUHv5ol.png

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #2,466 of 6,187
@Davy Wentzler

On my device turning battery optimization off isn't enough, you have to turn off adaptive battery function, but it will turn on after 40 minutes automatically and close UAPP App automatically.
Solution: First you need to restrict apps (in the Adaptive Battery setting) before turning off adaptive battery. Otherwise it will turn on automatically

My 2nd problem :floatsmile: is this -> Controls in notification shade go blank again in the latest version.

Thanks

Feb 19, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #2,467 of 6,187
*UAPP TONEBOOSTERS SALE*

When I went to make purchase of the Toneboosters Equ addon I was offered a £1 discount. Got it for bargain of 89p !

If you thinking to buy it than now might be a good time. Hopefully it’s available to everyone.

Feb 20, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #2,469 of 6,187
*UAPP TONEBOOSTERS SALE*

When I went to make purchase of the Toneboosters Equ addon I was offered a £1 discount. Got it for bargain of 89p !

If you thinking to buy it than now might be a good time. Hopefully it’s available to everyone.

I don't know where you got them from, but there has not been any sale. I also looked through all EQ orders and nobody has purchased it for that price: fake news!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #2,470 of 6,187
Hi everyone and @Davy Wentzler.
I have this app with MQA decoder and Tonebooster eq. Is there any plan to add a switch for "bit perfect enable" directly near crossfeed and eqs switches? It's annoying for me everytime fiddling through settings just to enable /disable it. I know it's required for MQA decoding, but any other time I want to use crossfeed and eq.
Also, I would love some sort of "hires crossfeed" only for MQA; I already know the "closed format" restrictions, but it's such a pity listening to some gorgeus 96khz/24bit classical music trough headphones and have that distracting hard pan.

Thanks to everyone,
Massimo

Feb 20, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #2,471 of 6,187
Hi everyone and @Davy Wentzler.
I have this app with MQA decoder and Tonebooster eq. Is there any plan to add a switch for "bit perfect enable" directly near crossfeed and eqs switches? It's annoying for me everytime fiddling through settings just to enable /disable it. I know it's required for MQA decoding, but any other time I want to use crossfeed and eq.
Also, I would love some sort of "hires crossfeed" only for MQA; I already know the "closed format" restrictions, but it's such a pity listening to some gorgeus 96khz/24bit classical music trough headphones and have that distracting hard pan.

Thanks to everyone,
Massimo

We are not allowed to process the audio after MQA decoding. I reckon the need for a bit-perfect switch but there are several issues that needs to be solved: one is the bit-perfect option is a tri-state (off,on,when possible) and there are also two bit-perfect sections (USB audio and internal HiRes audio), so it may not be directly clear to what the switch does.

Feb 20, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #2,472 of 6,187
I don't know where you got them from, but there has not been any sale. I also looked through all EQ orders and nobody has purchased it for that price: fake news!

Lol.
Not Trump news. I assure you I was offered and paid 89p - have the addon and receipt to prove it.
Maybe it was a GPay promotion so that seller still got the asking price amount and GPay took the hit. I used PayPal as my payment method.

While I have your attention .. any chance to get a work around for following situation:

I’m forced to use equ to tame the tiring highs on my almost perfect iem and that means not Bit Perfect mode. That’s fine for local and none MQA files but a headache with Tidal MQA files as I have to go into settings to disable/enable bit perfect mode each time.

-Would it be possible for UAPP to detect MQA and auto enable/disable Bit perfect mode ? Ideal solution.

-Maybe holding/touching the Equ twice etc could enable/disable Bitperfect mode without going into settings ? Maybe a GUI compromise of some form rather than having to go into settings.

Thanks as always for your dedication @Davy Wentzler

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #2,473 of 6,187
Lol.
Not Trump news. I assure you I was offered and paid 89p through - have the addon and receipt to prove it.
Maybe it was a GPay promotion so that seller still got the asking price amount and GPay took the hit. I used PayPal as my payment method.

Odd thing then. I'd be very interested to see the receipt to see what happened on this side. Could you please send it to info@extreamsd.com or private message?

Feb 20, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #2,474 of 6,187

Users who are viewing this thread

Back