USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 15, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #2,281 of 6,187
Yes, bit perfect on tidal. But the gain slider doesn't change when bit perfect is disabled. I move it but it goes back where it was. On bit perfect every eq setting is frozen of course.
About bit and sample rates, i am still confused about why you have such high values and on my v30 only 44.1khz and 320kbs... I enabled both flags, no warning when playing these tracks.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #2,282 of 6,187
So no degradation in sound quality? I really need to make some research on this topic...
One more bugging question, the gain slider doesn't want to go where i put it, it goes back to somewhere next to the middle, on the left side. This also didn't happen on v20, i could move it anywhere.

It depends on if you have 'Auto gain' turned on in the top-right menu of the EQ. If you turn it off, you are likely to introduce distortion though.

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #2,284 of 6,187
Yes, bit perfect on tidal. But the gain slider doesn't change when bit perfect is disabled. I move it but it goes back where it was. On bit perfect every eq setting is frozen of course.
About bit and sample rates, i am still confused about why you have such high values and on my v30 only 44.1khz and 320kbs... I enabled both flags, no warning when playing these tracks.

It means you have not selected lossless in the quality settings in the TIdal menu inside UAPP (possibly for cellular streaming). What would be a bug in UAPP (or the Tidal server) if it displayed the MQA logo.

Jan 15, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #2,285 of 6,187
Is it worth getting the MQA add-on for V20? :)
I mostly listen to DSD(SACD) and FLAC in various rates, but I'm finding a lot of interesting albums in MQA quality.

$5? Yes! The first unfold is where most of the value is extracted from MQA. It sounds great and is well worth it, or at least way more than a burger and fries. Especially compared to the butchering of the V20 Unfolding done within the Tidal App. See my recent earlier thread on that topic and test. Plus if Davy gets any of the tiny sum, that alone is worth it to continue to support the product.

Jan 15, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #2,286 of 6,187
It means you have not selected lossless in the quality settings in the TIdal menu inside UAPP (possibly for cellular streaming). What would be a bug in UAPP (or the Tidal server) if it displayed the MQA logo.
Yes, sorry for this. I realised a few hours ago this must be the issue, i am connected via the mobile network and by default the quality is hifi, not loseless. Now everything is fine. Thanks.

Jan 16, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #2,287 of 6,187
Yes, sorry for this. I realised a few hours ago this must be the issue, i am connected via the mobile network and by default the quality is hifi, not loseless. Now everything is fine. Thanks.

No problem, I'll check why it shows the MQA logo in that case, since it shouldn't occur.

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #2,288 of 6,187
I quick question about the app on Honor 8 Pro.. What are the best settings to use for internal hi-res dac to disable SRC. Thanks

Jan 16, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #2,290 of 6,187
Looks fine to me. The original sample rate is 44.1kHz. Please also note that UAPP makes an educated guess to what sample rate the LG will be playing, since there is no way to query the actual sample rate after MQA decoding and rendering.
The actual mqa file is 24/96khz mqa unflod to 24/192khz

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-01-16-21-37-51.png
    Capture+_2019-01-16-21-37-51.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #2,292 of 6,187
Hey Dave, I think I have all the settings right but am still only getting 44.1kHz, 16bit playback. Please walk me through all the settings I need to adjust to get this right. I've read pages of this forum with no luck. Thanks

The first question is: are you playing tracks/albums that have the MQA logo on them?

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #2,293 of 6,187
Hey Davy...

I posted this on XDA Developers looking for help with BubbleUPNP...

I am having a problem with album art in BubbleUPnP.
When playing music from my UAPP library I can see the album art when scrolling through the abums in the library. If I click on the album I can see the abums art at the top of the BubbleUPnP screen. But when I click the play button, the album art disappears.

I have cover.jpg (album art) in every album folder of my UAPP library. But for some reason it doesn't make it to the now playing screen of BubbleUPnP.

Hoping someone may be able to help me fix the problem.

Thanks

This was the response I got:

@Litlgi74

I could reproduce this. The issue is that UAPP set the cover (a http image URL) on the album container but not on its individual tracks. This is unusual and could be worked-around by BubbleUPnP, but I suggest you report it to the UAPP developer on its support forum.
Simply mention that <upnp:albumArtURI> is missing for tracks.

EDIT: I have worked-around it for next app update, but I suggest to still report this issue to UAPP.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #2,294 of 6,187
Hello Davy. Having a weird issue with UAPP not displaying the full list of albums or artists when browsing my Favorites in Tidal. It seems to stop @ "M" on albums and "O" on Artists. I am dumbfounded. I can search for the Artist or Album and it will find/play stuff not listed, but it's still a major pain. Thanks!

Jan 17, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #2,295 of 6,187
Is anyone been able to play the Tidal offline files in UAPP? Is there any way to play those Tidal offline files somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back