USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 22, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #2,086 of 6,187
I was trying to play Google Music from the app. But it fails saying "Failed to get device list". How to get rid of this? Incidentally I subscribed to Google Music just an hour before and its in 30 days free trial period.

I'm not sure. There is no official Google Music API. Can you please start the Google Music app and see if your device is listed in its settings?

Dec 22, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #2,090 of 6,187
BTW no devices are listed in my "MANAGE DEVICES" menu in Google Play music, don't know why. I have used Google Play music from my two phones but none of the devices are listed yet. I think once they are listed they will be traced by UAPP. Trying to restart the device.

Indeed, that's odd.

Dec 23, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #2,092 of 6,187
Hey...does this mean i have MQA playback on lg v20?? :)
Screenshot_2018-12-23-07-29-32.png

Dec 23, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #2,100 of 6,187
Davy, I'm 99% there in getting UAPP working in the mobile network by tethering MinimServer from BubbleUPnP to UAPP.

BubbleUPnP Server just received an update that lets you transcode >96kHz FLAC to 96kHz FLAC (good for streaming bandwidth requirements). However, UAPP reports the "Duration" metadata for all these transcoded files as "-596523:-14:-8", which makes the UAPP playback progress bar (or "dot") permanently stuck at the end and no song length is shown. Otherwise playback and controls work fine, i.e. the issue is visual. Meanwhile, the BubbleUPnP UI reports "Duration" metadata correctly.

For all "native" FLAC files (i.e. files not transcoded by BubbleUPnP Server), UAPP shows "Duration" metadata as "00:00:00". But this is not a problem because the playback progress bar works and correct song length gets displayed in UAPP's "now playing view".

EDIT: I originally wrote it's a mobile-only issue but it also happens in LAN. Though Im sure I saw the correct "Duration" metadata on at least one occasion in UAPP when in LAN. Sadly, I can't say what the logic behind this behavior is.

Does this sound like a problem with UAPP or the UPnP tetherer? Like I said, it doesn't totally break playback but of course it would nice to be able to see the progress and overall length of the playing song. Anyway, I thought it would be worthy of reporting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back