USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 19, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #2,011 of 6,195
Screenshot_20181220-034855.png
If it cannot decode without having to resample, it wouldn't even play. If it display 96kHz on the left side then the original sample rate is a multiple of 48kHz. Can you check that please? Note that the color of the led has no relation to the sample rate.

I think this should be working now. See image attached.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #2,012 of 6,195
Sad (.. I test two different phones Samsung S9 and Galaxy A7 and two different DACs.. every time I activate Limit Sample Rate I get 44.1Khz only in all settings.
This function seems have a bug in this relise. Please fix it.
Also behaviour of this function is eratic... I mean first, i would put it under Upsample tab to avoid confusion.
Second it shoud work only when DSD mode set to DSD to PCM... as it is now its wrong, becouse it will do 44,1Khz limit in all DSD mode sets. in DSD Native and DoP, which shoud not be this way. Please check it out.
I did test wint with upsamples on off and on and bit pirfect as well, no way to see anything just 44,1 with any possable limits (
If it helps.. 44,1 I see within programm status bar and my dac dispaly. Somehow it's just stic to this 44,1 in all limit settings (

I haven't tested it with DSD, could you please try it with PCM tracks?

Dec 19, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #2,013 of 6,195
I haven't tested it with DSD, could you please try it with PCM tracks?
Well,, ))) PCM do work indeed, but was not the point I aks limit PCM stream.. I mean I need this limit in DSD to PCM mode, it was go at highest DAC supported rate, which I need to limit! Normal FLAC, PCM Hi res usually stay within 194 which is fine and not really need limit there.. DSD to PCM was my pain in the a.... )))
Pleas fix it for this..
So I confirm, PCM, Flac limits works. But need the same function for DSD to PCM.
Thank you Davy

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #2,014 of 6,195
Well,, ))) PCM do work indeed, but was not the point I aks limit PCM stream.. I mean I need this limit in DSD to PCM mode, it was go at highest DAC supported rate, which I need to limit! Normal FLAC, PCM Hi res stay within 194 which is fine and not really need limit there.. DSD to PCM was my pain in the a.... )))
Pleas fix it for this..
So I confirm, PCM, Flac limits works. But need the same function for DSD to PCM.
Thank you

Aha, that explains. I'll fix it, thanks!

Dec 19, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #2,015 of 6,195
Aha, that explains. I'll fix it, thanks!

Great, thanks.. funny that it actually limit DSD as well but just to 44,1 )
And note what i described.. Shoud not affect DoP and Native.. just DSD to PCM i guess.
really looking for fix! Thank you.
PS if High quality PCM convertion active.. it also influence when limits activated? would be nice...

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #2,016 of 6,195
Great, thanks.. funny that it actually limit DSD as well but just to 44,1 )
And note what i described.. Shoud not affect DoP and Native.. just DSD to PCM i guess.
really looking for fix! Thank you.
PS if High quality PCM convertion active.. it also influence when limits activated? would be nice...

If applied to DoP and Native then it would just mean that it wouldn't play, so I guess that indeed does not make sense. High quality DSD-to-PCM conversion would not be affected by the 'limit sample rate' option.

Dec 19, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #2,020 of 6,195
I can't see that MQA logo while playing. Just a little blue or green dot appears. What does it mean?

That would mean a serious bug. Can you please tell me which Android device you have, if you are using a USB DAC and if the problem still happens after fully exiting (by the Exit button in the slide-out panel) and re-entering the app?

Dec 19, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #2,021 of 6,195
That would mean a serious bug. Can you please tell me which Android device you have, if you are using a USB DAC and if the problem still happens after fully exiting (by the Exit button in the slide-out panel) and re-entering the app?

I have Samsung Note 9. Whether I use the Monoprice Monolith DAC or the phone itself, the result is the same. Fully exiting does not change anything.

j7gj8m.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #2,023 of 6,195
I can't see that MQA logo while playing. Just a little blue or green dot appears. What does it mean?

Same here, no logo, just blue dot 96kHz. Samsung S9

I can see logo in Queue list though..

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #2,024 of 6,195
Same here, no logo, just blue dot 96kHz. Samsung S9

I can see logo in Queue list though..

Tested the new MQA app w/Tidal HiFi
Test track: Song: "Rota" from Jose Luis Monton "Solo Guitarra" (MQA album on ECM label)

FiiO X5III (FW 1.21, Android 5.1).and UAPP 5.0.1 w/UAPP MQA Core decoder.

After some trial and error....

FiiO alone w/out USB DAC I selected Hi-Res driver and then bit-perfect in both Settings/Internal HiRes audio, and Settings/USB audio.

Get both the MQA logo and blue dot. Sampling/bitrate technicals: Direct:48kHz MQA * File:96kHz 24 bit 1315kbps.

iFi Audio Nano iDSD Black Label Amp/DAC via USB to X5:

Deselected Hi-Res driver (not sure necessary) and left bit-perfect enabled as above.
MQA logo and blue dot in X5 and magenta light on Nano BL DAC indicating full rendering of MQA stream.
sampling/bitrate technicals: USB DAC:96kHz MQA * File:96kHz 24 bit 1315kbps

FiiO X5 III is touchy w/USB audio to say the least. Seems to operate best if the X5 is turned on, UAPP is opened, you physically connect the DAC then turn on DAC.

Both set-ups sound gorgeous and I don't say that lightly. This is damn near miraculous as I can now bandy about w/ the X5 on its own and get near fully rendered MQA. Or hook up to the Nano. I'll give the Nano the slight edge sound-wise but I'm not kidding they are that close :o2smile:!

Thanks again very much Davy, I think this is about the best $5.49 CAD I've spent in a while.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #2,025 of 6,195
In my Tidal playlists, I see names of artists or bands with pieces of sentences under them, not related at all. Lyle Mays for ex with " the british jazz scene..",
John Coltrane with " the heaviest band of all time".
Pop in left speaker with each new song on LG V30, nothing when using Tidal app.
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back