USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Aug 19, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #1,756 of 6,219
Another novice question: when I send FLAC audio files over from my PC to my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 they get automatically stored as Samsung Music files in the tablet (even though I have deleted the Samsung Music app). These files are not listed under "internal storage" folders on the UAPP folders page. So there is no immediate way of playing them with UAPP. Is there some way of getting these FLAC files automatically available and visible in the UAPP music file list?

I would make sure you use the windows browser to transfer the files from PC to your Tablet. And make sure you know where on your tablet you are sending them. To internal storage, or do you have a smartcard storage plugged into your tablet?

I would be recommending using a smart card, and create a folder called "Music" on the smart card, and copy the files from your PC to that folder.

Then make sure that when you connect your DAC to the Tablet, that you turn the DAC on after you connect to the tablet. This should cause the UAPP to start up automatically.

Then use the 3 bars menu button top left corner of the screen, and on the menu find the choice "Folders". If this does not take you to the root directory of your tablet, start tapping the tablet's Back button, one tap at a time, until you do get to the root directory, which should show a list of "Internal Storage", "/storage extSDCard".

If you are not using an SD card, choose "internal storage" and navigate to wherever your music files are, if you are using an SD car, tap on that and navigate to wherever you are storing your music.

Tap on the album, and then the track you want to play.

UAPP tends to reopen on the last album you were playing, which usually means you may need to tap the tablet's back button to get back to the top of your directory structure again.
Screenshot_2018-08-19-18-11-05.png

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #1,757 of 6,219
I use a USB A male to micro USB B male cable. On the PC I select File Explorer, then select My PC, double click on the Music folder, then right click on the FLAC music file that is wanted, then select copy. Then I select My PC again, right click on Galaxy Tab A, then select paste. That causes the FLAC file to be transmitted to the tablet over the USB cable.

Ah, well that's the method I was suggesting.
I'm still wondering whether you've got a Samsung program installed on your PC, which is doing some sort of conversion of the FLAC files, when transferring to the Tablet?

Aug 19, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #1,758 of 6,219
Ah, well that's the method I was suggesting.
I'm still wondering whether you've got a Samsung program installed on your PC, which is doing some sort of conversion of the FLAC files, when transferring to the Tablet?

If there is something like that it is nothing I have installed. It would have to be something embedded in the stock software that came with the PC, to operate when a Samsung Android tablet or phone is detected.

Aug 25, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #1,760 of 6,219
Hi Devs,

How does UAPP handle DSD files on the V20? Does it downsample? Also does UAPP handle bitperfect flac fine on both the Android 7 and recent Oreo update? Thanks!

On the V20, it is DSD-to-PCM conversion. Unlike the V30, the V20 has no DSD mode. FLAC is bit-perfect on both versions.

Aug 26, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #1,761 of 6,219
On the V20, it is DSD-to-PCM conversion. Unlike the V30, the V20 has no DSD mode. FLAC is bit-perfect on both versions.
Thank you! One dumb question - how does the phone handle data when playing music through UAPP and then starting another app/game with sound? Does that break bit-perfect playback?

Aug 26, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #1,762 of 6,219
Thank you! One dumb question - how does the phone handle data when playing music through UAPP and then starting another app/game with sound? Does that break bit-perfect playback?

It is actually a very smart question and I don't have the answer to that I'm afraid. I would let all non-direct/hires sounds go through the DAC of the SoC and the direct/hires sound through the high quality DAC and mix them in the analogue stage, but I don't know if they went through so much effort.

Sep 1, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #1,763 of 6,219
Hopefully an easy question: how does UAPP handle album art? Does it use only art that is embedded in the audio file (ALAC in my case)? Or does it grab art if it's labeled "folder.jpg" in the same folder as the audio files? I ask only because I'll need to export 300gb+ in lossless ALAC files from iTunes to an SD card for my LG V35 and want to get the album art right so that it displays in UAPP.

Sep 1, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #1,764 of 6,219
Hopefully an easy question: how does UAPP handle album art? Does it use only art that is embedded in the audio file (ALAC in my case)? Or does it grab art if it's labeled "folder.jpg" in the same folder as the audio files? I ask only because I'll need to export 300gb+ in lossless ALAC files from iTunes to an SD card for my LG V35 and want to get the album art right so that it displays in UAPP.

It looks first at the embedded art, otherwise for a jpg or png in the folder, with a preference for folder.jpg. I would try it out first with two albums or so.

Sep 1, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #1,765 of 6,219
It looks first at the embedded art, otherwise for a jpg or png in the folder, with a preference for folder.jpg. I would try it out first with two albums or so.
Thanks very much, Davy! This is a big help to know. Now to find a tool and work flow that will export art from iTunes along with ALAC lossless files when transferring to SD card...

Sep 2, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #1,767 of 6,219
Thanks very much, Davy! This is a big help to know. Now to find a tool and work flow that will export art from iTunes along with ALAC lossless files when transferring to SD card...

I don't use stuff from itunes, but on Windows MusicBee works great for managing artwork and is ALAC compatible.

@Davy Wentzler or other V20 users, do you know if UAPP works with custom roms like LineageOS 15.1 for ESS DAC phones like LG V20?

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #1,768 of 6,219
I use for many years ripping, coverting, meta editing: Poikosoft's EZ CD Audio Converter. Sorry its Windows only.

Sep 3, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #1,769 of 6,219
I don't use stuff from itunes, but on Windows MusicBee works great for managing artwork and is ALAC compatible.

@Davy Wentzler or other V20 users, do you know if UAPP works with custom roms like LineageOS 15.1 for ESS DAC phones like LG V20?

I only heard of bad experiences with LineageOS regarding USB audio.

Sep 4, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #1,770 of 6,219
Hello, from what I understand this app what it does is to be able to play music in the real format without the limitations of android that are up to 16 bits / 48khz.
My query is as follows, also increases the volume of an audio adapter ?, Since my smartphone (pixel 2) has no 3.5 mm output, I am forced to use a USB-type adapter to 3.5 mm or a bluetooth device.
And it also affects the bluetooth transmission through aptx?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back