USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Aug 22, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #751 of 6,219
  I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro android tablet, USB 3 (or what I have also seen labelled as USB 3 Micro B super speed) to USB A OTG cable in the tablet, to USB A to micro USB to Oppo HA-2 DAC to Oppo PM 3 headphones.  Has all been working beautifully until recently, when the playback would get stuck in a groove, repeating the same 3-4 bars of whatever track it was playing.  The UAPP seems to be frozen at this point, not responding to any controls (eg trying to move forward in the track, pausing, back to playlist etc).  This is not restricted to one track or even one folder, and has happened when reading from a Micro SD card or over wifi from a hard drive attached to my router.

The only solution seems to be to close the app, turn off the DAC, turn DAC back on, and start up again.

Any guesses as to where the problem might be?  Tablet? Uapp?  Android version is 5.0.2.

Can you check again if you really have this issue when playing from micro sd card, since that's highly unlikely. Playing from WiFi is probably causing the same problems as some people experiencing with playing from Tidal, we are looking into that.

I experienced similarly when streaming from my Google All Music account using Bubble UPnP running on the same Galaxy Note3 (Verizon) as USBAPP was running. Repeating a few bars of music, freezing and so on. In the past freezing would happen occasionally, now it's all too common.

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #752 of 6,219

Can you check again if you really have this issue when playing from micro sd card, since that's highly unlikely. Playing from WiFi is probably causing the same problems as some people experiencing with playing from Tidal, we are looking into that.

Hi Davy

I have not been using wifi for 2-3 weeks, as I am temporarily away from my home.  I have been exclusively using the SD card, and, occassionally, a portable hard drive via a usb hub.  Problem seems to be getting more frequent.  At least once in every 1-3 hr session.

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #753 of 6,219

Hi Davy

I have not been using wifi for 2-3 weeks, as I am temporarily away from my home.  I have been exclusively using the SD card, and, occassionally, a portable hard drive via a usb hub.  Problem seems to be getting more frequent.  At least once in every 1-3 hr session.

Could you please enable 'Logging to file' and then when the problem occurs, please exit the app and send the file UAPP.txt from your UAPP folder to info AT extreamsd.com, mentioning the problem and this forum post.

Aug 22, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #754 of 6,219
I noticed that the app does not seem to release the USB resource when gracefully exiting (for lack of a better way of describing the issue), so I have to unplug the DAC and plug it back in (and not allow UAPP to access it when prompted) to use it with another app. Any suggested work arounds?

Thanks

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #755 of 6,219
Seems that the newest update has killed the B&O adapter on the LG G5, when opening now, just says error initialising USB system.

This is still the case after powering off etc etc and doesn't matter if it or 3 or 4 pole earphones...

Unhappy.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #756 of 6,219
  I noticed that the app does not seem to release the USB resource when gracefully exiting (for lack of a better way of describing the issue), so I have to unplug the DAC and plug it back in (and not allow UAPP to access it when prompted) to use it with another app. Any suggested work arounds?

Thanks

We release everything and call a function 'reattach kernel driver'. It however depends on the Android device and version whether this is implemented correctly. Unfortunately, custom USB drivers are a kind of backdoor way to do things and this can clash with Android/Linux.

Aug 23, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #760 of 6,219

I experienced similarly when streaming from my Google All Music account using Bubble UPnP running on the same Galaxy Note3 (Verizon) as USBAPP was running. Repeating a few bars of music, freezing and so on. In the past freezing would happen occasionally, now it's all too common.

Please see if does works better, if not please enable logging to file and send me the log file UAPP.txt from the UAPP folder after you get repeating of audio:

http://www.audio-evolution.com/priv_downloads/USBAudioPlayerPRO_3.1.1c.apk

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #761 of 6,219
3.1.0 killed it, 3.1.1 is the same as previous versions. Are you really sure you are running 3.1.1? Please try restarting your LG.
agreed, sorry, was obviously an update after I removed the SD card and put it in my S7.

Aug 24, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #762 of 6,219
I use a Dragonfly Red with my Nexus 6P and love the combo with UAPP, but I can't find a way to release the DAC if I've been using UAPP and then want to listen to a podcast via Podcast Addict. Quitting UAPP doesn't give the DAC back so I get no sound for the podcast. Am I doing something wrong?

Aug 24, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #763 of 6,219
You have to unplug, and plug back in again...

As painful as it is, I've never allowed UAPP control of the USB audio for that very reason (so each time I plug in a DAC the warning box pops up), just means if I want to use something else I can...

Might be worth, if you ticked those boxes, uninstalling UAPP, installing again, and not ticking the allow this device to control (just clicking OK) to see if that resolves your issue

Aug 24, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #765 of 6,219
You have to unplug, and plug back in again...

As painful as it is, I've never allowed UAPP control of the USB audio for that very reason (so each time I plug in a DAC the warning box pops up), just means if I want to use something else I can...

Might be worth, if you ticked those boxes, uninstalling UAPP, installing again, and not ticking the allow this device to control (just clicking OK) to see if that resolves your issue

You can also clear the app's defaults, that saves you from having the license cache and preferences deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back