USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 20, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #481 of 6,177

That screen closes so-called 'Activities', not apps. Since there is no way to discern whether the 'close' event comes from that screen or simply Android closing the activity (for instance when running low on memory or switching off the screen), we cannot simply stop the background service and therefore the whole app.

Is this something you can implement in a future update? as UAPP is the only app/media player that I cant stop running. Force Closing the app makes it unusable afterwards until I restart my phone.

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #482 of 6,177
  Is this something you can implement in a future update? as UAPP is the only app/media player that I cant stop running. Force Closing the app makes it unusable afterwards until I restart my phone.

Please enter the app and press the Back button so it asks to exit the app. That's the proper way to exit it fully.

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #485 of 6,177
Can anyone with a Nexus 5 running Android 6.0 confirm if they are able to output audio via USB? I have tried every conceivable USB configuration under the Developer options and I am unable to output any audio via USB. After doing a quick Google search, I found this thread from another Nexus 5 user who describes the exact same issue I have: https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/nexus/GHQpJ3UTMR4 Interestingly, this user states they have audio output via USB but only when using UAPP.  I have been unable get any USB audio output while using UAPP. 

If someone has a solution I would love to know what it is. This was never an issue in Android 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.1, or 5.1.1. 

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #486 of 6,177
I bought UAPP yesterday based on the excellent sound - bravo for that.

However, it has so many *missing* features and bugs that I'm really sorry I cannot just forget it and use a more decent player.
I looked at some of this thread, but it's too big; apologies if some of the items below have already been requested or discussed; btw, it would also be nice for the moderator or someone to collect all feature requests in one post.

Hoping some of these will be addressed, I'll list here a few I collected after just one day:

-BUG: dsd [dff] volume cannot be controlled from the regular volume, only from the 'hardware volume'
-no play resume - the track always starts at the beginning.
-current playing track is not highlighted in folder view
-folder view [possibly others?] should allow text wrapping
-folder view does not show the current path. [it could be instead of or in addition to 'directory up'].
-if I navigate somewhere in folder view [and probably other views as well] and I return to the current playback file, when returning to the folder view I'm moved to the current tune's folder.

-when opening another screen e.g 'playlists' when the current one is 'local folder', playback stops, even before doing anything with the playlists [and the same with other screens]. Playback should continue until a new track is actually selected for play.

-bookmarks [ideally automatically set, for tracks longer than x] - keep a db with where I was in a track; give me the option to resume from that place, explicitly or automatically.

-nice to have: scrobbling to last.fm
-I second this nice to have: api to be used by other apps [I know it's harder to do].

I'm using GMMP and it's light years ahead of UAPP in usability; Poweramp, VLC, are also much better. Too bad the sound is just standard android; perhaps you could get inspired and make UAPP a truly good app as well, or otherwise just collaborate with some of these good players to incorporate your sound libraries, it would be great and we would all benefit!

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #487 of 6,177
  Can anyone with a Nexus 5 running Android 6.0 confirm if they are able to output audio via USB? I have tried every conceivable USB configuration under the Developer options and I am unable to output any audio via USB. After doing a quick Google search, I found this thread from another Nexus 5 user who describes the exact same issue I have: https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/nexus/GHQpJ3UTMR4 Interestingly, this user states they have audio output via USB but only when using UAPP.  I have been unable get any USB audio output while using UAPP. 

If someone has a solution I would love to know what it is. This was never an issue in Android 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.1, or 5.1.1. 

Could you please state which DAC you are using? Please try restarting your Nexus with the DAC attached to see if that solves the problem.

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #488 of 6,177
  I bought UAPP yesterday based on the excellent sound - bravo for that.

However, it has so many *missing* features and bugs that I'm really sorry I cannot just forget it and use a more decent player.
I looked at some of this thread, but it's too big; apologies if some of the items below have already been requested or discussed; btw, it would also be nice for the moderator or someone to collect all feature requests in one post.

Hoping some of these will be addressed, I'll list here a few I collected after just one day:

-BUG: dsd [dff] volume cannot be controlled from the regular volume, only from the 'hardware volume'
-no play resume - the track always starts at the beginning.
-current playing track is not highlighted in folder view
-folder view [possibly others?] should allow text wrapping
-folder view does not show the current path. [it could be instead of or in addition to 'directory up'].
-if I navigate somewhere in folder view [and probably other views as well] and I return to the current playback file, when returning to the folder view I'm moved to the current tune's folder.

-when opening another screen e.g 'playlists' when the current one is 'local folder', playback stops, even before doing anything with the playlists [and the same with other screens]. Playback should continue until a new track is actually selected for play.

-bookmarks [ideally automatically set, for tracks longer than x] - keep a db with where I was in a track; give me the option to resume from that place, explicitly or automatically.

-nice to have: scrobbling to last.fm
-I second this nice to have: api to be used by other apps [I know it's harder to do].

I'm using GMMP and it's light years ahead of UAPP in usability; Poweramp, VLC, are also much better. Too bad the sound is just standard android; perhaps you could get inspired and make UAPP a truly good app as well, or otherwise just collaborate with some of these good players to incorporate your sound libraries, it would be great and we would all benefit!

Thank you for your feedback! The app originated as a basic USB audio recorder and have been evolving it to a full media player over time. Updates happen continuously and we even hired extra people recently to add features to UAPP even faster.

Let's go through some of your points:

* DSD is no PCM format and indeed one cannot apply software volume to a 1-bit stream,  unless you disable DoP in the app's settings: then it gets converted to PCM first before audio is sent to the DAC. If your DAC does have hardware volume control, then we suggest to always use that since using software volume will affect resolution and therefore, quality.
* When unpausing the track, it should continue playback from where you pressed pause. With over 10000 UAPP users, if this was not correct, our email box would have been full of complaints, which it isn't, so please contact us by email at info AT extreamsd.com if you have a reproducible case.
* Could you please elaborate on text wrapping
* We have added the display of the current path on top now. It will be available in next release
* We are working on some other points you mentioned

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #489 of 6,177
Hi

I have some issues with the new FiiO K1 USB DAC/AMP:

On my Sony Xperia X1 compact with Android 4.4.4 and on my Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 5.1.1 (both with latest UAPP) I get always this message:

But missing power can't be the problem, the FiiO K1 needs only 36mA, a other USB DAC/AMP I own needs 50mA (HRT dSp) and works fine on both devices incl. UAPP.

Any idea?

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #490 of 6,177
  Hi

I have some issues with the new FiiO K1 USB DAC/AMP:

On my Sony Xperia X1 compact with Android 4.4.4 and on my Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 5.1.1 (both with latest UAPP) I get always this message:

But missing power can't be the problem, the FiiO K1 needs only 36mA, a other USB DAC/AMP I own needs 50mA (HRT dSp) and works fine on both devices incl. UAPP.

Any idea?

Can you try restarting your Sony/Samsung with the FiiO attached to see if that helps?

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #491 of 6,177
I tried it, no change the same error, I already asked FiiO too, what can be wrong. Since this device is USB class 1.0 and uses a simple USB reciever and don't need so much power I have no glue what can't be wrong here.

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #492 of 6,177
  I tried it, no change the same error, I already asked FiiO too, what can be wrong. Since this device is USB class 1.0 and uses a simple USB reciever and don't need so much power I have no glue what can't be wrong here.

You don't happen to have a powered USB hub to try, just in case?

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #493 of 6,177
It seems I understand something wrong, or this is new interpretation:

FiiO specs of the K1: MAX output current 35.93mA

On the box from the box small a information "Input: USB powered 5V with 150mA" if it's really 150mA required this will only work with powered USB hub like you said already. So no worries UAPP is fine and showed the correct information.

Really confusing information or a big misunderstanding by me, I really thought this is the same spec like the HRT dSp which is rated at 50mA max current and works without problems, I'll see what FiiO will say about this.

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #494 of 6,177
Trying to get UAPP to stay functional with an Asus phone and HRT microStreamer (already searched the thread for microStreamer before posting....)

I see HRT microStreamer is listed as working in the FAQ and it does work, until the screen goes off then it cuts out with a "don't disconnect USB devices....." message upon putting the screen back on....

Using an OTG cable and the stock white cable with HRT after seeing the usb adapters are not recommended to use in the hardware chain.

Another nameless music app with the worst GUI EVER works with screen on/off under the same hardware chain set-up.....but I'm a UAPP fanboy for the great GUI.... any ideas on what I'm missing out/doing wrong ?

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #495 of 6,177
Well, problem solved...though my device is not rooted, I tried 'tweak for rooted devices' and now the connection is staying live with screen off.

Anyway, UAPP rocks ! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back