USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 7, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #1,006 of 6,179

Not sure, somebody contacted me already about it that it suddenly started doing that, but that might be after an Android update. Can you try previous FiiO firmwares?

I'm sure it's on FiiO's side of things since it worked in the previous version of their firmware and it started right after I upgraded.  I'll flash back to the previous version when I get home.

Nov 7, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,008 of 6,179
Sorry.  Should have been more clear.  Looking to sort by Album Artist within Tidal specifically.  Once you select Tidal -> Albums you cannot pivot by Artist.  I understand I could simply add every Artist in my Library within Tidal to my "Artists" section but this is cumbersome at best.  Thank you.

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #1,009 of 6,179
Nov 7, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,010 of 6,179
long time user of your great app, can i ask with the lg v20 how i can make sure that music does not get down sampled to 48000, what shall i choose in settings of UAPP, while still being able to use the parametric eq that I bought as well

thanks for the great work

Any comment om this

Nov 9, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #1,011 of 6,179

long time user of your great app, can i ask with the lg v20 how i can make sure that music does not get down sampled to 48000, what shall i choose in settings of UAPP, while still being able to use the parametric eq that I bought as well

thanks for the great work

Any comment om this

Settings > Android sample rate > 44.1 KHz
You can set 44.1 not 48 KHz.

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #1,012 of 6,179
  Settings > Android sample rate > 44.1 KHz
You can set 44.1 not 48 KHz.

He wants to avoid, not force, downsampling. Forcing 44.1k is downsampling relative to 48k. :)

I don't think you can force the sampling rate to some high value from UAPP itself. All you can do is set it to "Variable" so that it follows the file you're playing and the available rates of the DAC you're using. If you set "Android default" you're still going to get something like 44.1 or 48, because those are the typical Android defaults.

LE:
Oops, you actually can force it to go high: as high as the DAC supports (option "Upsample to highest rate"). Theoretically that may degrade the quality somewhat if the file you're playing has a lower sampling rate than the DAC's maximum, but if you're upsampling from, say, 96k to 192k I wouldn't expect much in the way of audible artifacts.

Nov 9, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #1,014 of 6,179
edit - nvm

is there a good volume setting with amp/dacs that have no volume knob like the dragonfly black? or should i just max out the hardware volume and adjust using the software volume?

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #1,017 of 6,179
Do you know which setting to touch? I don't see a unity gain setting unless turning off hardware volume or software is what you meant.

As I said, I'm talking about the SW side. Create a full scale tone, max the volume and back off until the saturation indicator on the graphical EQ stays off (with EQ turned OFF). It might not light up at max volume... But wherever it starts to stay off is where unity gain is.

Nov 12, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #1,018 of 6,179
  Do you know which setting to touch? I don't see a unity gain setting unless turning off hardware volume or software is what you meant.

If you are using UAPP, then you should set software volume to max and select 'Hardware volume' for the 'Volume control' option. Then you have maximum resolution.

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #1,019 of 6,179
  I would like to have the option to choose/sort Album Artist, I do have a lot of compilation albums tagged Various Artists.
Especially Trance/House compilation albums have tons of different performing artist and combinations of artists (eg. Above & Beyond featuring Zoe Johnston, Above & Beyond featuring Richard Bedford, etc.) 
If selecting Artist they all appear as different artist, which is understandable form an Artist perspective but it makes browsing a nightmare.

And still hoping for a VU meter.... but that is just eye candy and no deal breaker.

Please update to version 3.3.0 for volume level meters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back