USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 1, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #3,241 of 6,182
Thank you! Do you think it's worth trying to report this to samsung? I can do this but don't have a "proof".

I sincerely doubt you can get through their first lines of 'defense' to talk to someone with even remote knowledge on the subject. The good news is that they stopped making Exynos processors recently, so hopefully everyone will get Qualcomm chips in their S11 or S12.

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #3,242 of 6,182
Just wanted to say thanks for a fantastic product. Running on a Note 10+ to an iFi xDSD and Tidal MQA is excellent.

I know Spotify isn’t Hi-Res but any chance they’ll be an interface for that as well? Would love to avoid Android resampling regardless of source.

Within the Magisk Manager (Android Rooting app), there's at least one audio framework module, which mentions being able to modify Spotify.

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #3,243 of 6,182
Hello there, I tried to use the MQA playback through my Shanling UP2 as USB DAC which support up to 96khz/24 bit but it always says cannot resamples with bit perfect. Any help with this?

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #3,246 of 6,182
I'm checking demo and can't find cast (chromecast) mode. Does UAPP support it?

No, but you can do this without the app supporting Chromecast: please install the Google Home app, then make sure it sees your cast device(s), select the bottom-right button and select 'Mirror device' and then press the 'Cast' button.

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #3,247 of 6,182
Hello there, I tried to use the MQA playback through my Shanling UP2 as USB DAC which support up to 96khz/24 bit but it always says cannot resamples with bit perfect. Any help with this?

The UP2 cannot do 96kHz over USB. I received a reply some time ago from Shanling themselves stating "UP2, USB input should be able to accept both 44.1 and 48 kHz.". Perhaps the chip can do it, but that doesn't mean it can over USB.

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #3,248 of 6,182
The UP2 cannot do 96kHz over USB. I received a reply some time ago from Shanling themselves stating "UP2, USB input should be able to accept both 44.1 and 48 kHz.". Perhaps the chip can do it, but that doesn't mean it can over USB.
hmm.. I see... So I only can stream mqa from my phone to the shanling up2 via ldac it seems. Thanks for the help btw.

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #3,249 of 6,182
No, but you can do this without the app supporting Chromecast: please install the Google Home app, then make sure it sees your cast device(s), select the bottom-right button and select 'Mirror device' and then press the 'Cast' button.
Thank you! Will try and let you know!
As my LG V30 will be here in two days I'm thinking about bit different solution: remote controller either bluetooth or app maybe. There are BT remotes available like this one: https://www.amazon.com/TUNAI-Button-Media-Remote-Control/dp/B07JQ8Q6X6 but they seem to miss seek option. Is anyone aware of such remote or app maybe (to convert phone into remote)?

EDIT: ok I've ordered something like this one and will test it: https://aliexpress.com/item/32463962471.html

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #3,251 of 6,182
When I play MQA from Tidal on V30 with Morphit enabled UAPP tells me, that I need bit-perfect enabled. Is it possible to combine MQA decoder and Morphit plugin on V30 or maybe I've got to purchase software MQA decoder?

Dec 13, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #3,254 of 6,182
So Morphit will work after first unfold (96kHz) or non-MQA decoded signal (48kHz)?
If the latter, is it possible to add option to disable MQA when on HiFi plan and play redbook flac on tidal? There's such option inside PC desktop app.

MorphIt cannot work when bit-perfect is active. That simply means you cannot decode MQA and have MorphIt or any other processing done at the same time. Tidal made changes such that when streaming lossless, it will always feed the embedded 24-bit MQA signal.

Dec 13, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #3,255 of 6,182
MorphIt cannot work when bit-perfect is active. That simply means you cannot decode MQA and have MorphIt or any other processing done at the same time. Tidal made changes such that when streaming lossless, it will always feed the embedded 24-bit MQA signal.

This thing I can't get. I thought that bit-perfect is required for second unfold (192kHz) and first one is done in software like in tidal app when proper hardware like V30 is not present. So when software decoding is involved it is possible to do EQ on 24/96 but from what you are saying it can't be done even with software decoding (purchasing extra software decoder for V30) and it always uses bit-perfect but with certified MQA DAC you will get second unfold.
Are they are replacing whole collection from redbook into MQA? that's bad...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back