Ursine Audio
May 15, 2017 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Matias

500+ Head-Fier
Topic to share information about Ursine Audio cables by Jarrod Dupuis.
http://ursine.audio/

This is the braided cable I ordered (204 usd). Can't wait to try it with my Audeze LCD-XC. :)
  • 23 AWG 56 strand copper conductor with a silicone jacket cable
  • Eidolic connectors and Y splitter
  • Cardas Quad Eutectic Silver Solder
More pictures: http://imgur.com/a/7DFmR

mclQ8Ox.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #2 of 39
Got my braided cable with silver Eidolic connectors and splitter yesterday. Beautiful. Will take a good picture later and post here.

Initial impression is very good. Smooth, resolving, dynamic. Will listen to it more before giving my final opinion.

Jul 8, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 39
Just found this thread, I'm considering getting an ursine audio cable myself.
Tell me, how is the wheight and flexibility on the cable? Does the fabric make a lot of microphonics? Especially above the Y-split, I'm planning on buying a single strand one.
I'm wondering because I want to replace my Focal Elear cable, as it is too thick and heavy for me.

Jul 8, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 39
The fabric does some noise if you move your head around and microphonics if you hit the cable. But honestly those are minor inconveniences next to the both quality of construction and sound of these imo.
Weight is a little more than stock but does not bother me too, and flexibility is very good.

Jan 24, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #6 of 39
Hey there, how long did it take for you to get your cables? It looks like he makes a quality product but I feel like he's kind of been giving me the run around. I ordered 10-31-2017 and still haven't received my cables. Every time I contact him he promises to get them in the mail then a few days after the promise I get back with him to see if USPS just isn't doing their part and he makes me another shipping promise. I really want these cables from the looks of yours but its really frustrating to wait this long when the guy never does any follow up. I really wish he would make the effort to send follow up emails to let his customers have a little bit of Piece of mind that they are having something of quality made. I'm starting to think I should have ordered my own supplies and built the damn things myself. The only reason I didn't is laziness and the fact that my wife wanted to buy me a headphone related Christmas gift.

May 21, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #9 of 39
That is quite a long wait indeed, but to be fair he does state that he makes them one by one and it takes time. Best thing is to check with him for your place in the quete, updates, etc.

May 21, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #10 of 39
Just ordered a balanced Ursine cable for my EL-8 Ti. I'm excited to see this guy's work. I'll post some pictures too, once it comes it.

Jan 6, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #12 of 39
Jan 21, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #13 of 39
Hey there, how long did it take for you to get your cables? It looks like he makes a quality product but I feel like he's kind of been giving me the run around.

Thanks for posting this. I have had a similar experience and was beginning to suspect he had just stiffed me. It's nice to know he's just behind his stated 8-week backlog. What annoys me is his claim that he didn't know what happened and would resend it. A little more honesty would go a long way. In the meantime I ordered an Audioquest Tower from a vendor on eBay for my Fostex T60RPs. They were all out, so they sent me the Evergreen instead. Now that's what I call service. Of course, the Audioquest connector doesn't fit the hole in the Fostex headphones, so I added a 6-inch extension from Fospower. That doesn't seem to affect the sound quality--nice cable.

My current configuration:
https://lordbalto.com/Config.htm

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #15 of 39
I ordered a headphone cable from him in late November 2018. It's been over 15 weeks and I still don't have it or any shipping confirmation. His current lead times are listed on his website at 12 - 16 weeks. He had created a USPS shipping label tracking# to ship my cable but every time I check it says it is waiting to be dropped off at USPS.

Last time I heard from him was January 25th, 2019. He apologized for the delay and told me the last couple months have not gone as he would have liked and was sorry my order was caught up in this. He said it would be in the mail by the next Monday.

Well February has come and gone, March is now here and still no cable. I have e-mailed him several more times since late January and haven't received any additional responses from him.

I have one IEM cable from him that's really nice quality which also took a long time to deliver.

I realize he's a one man show, but his lead times for me are unacceptable. I will not be ordering another cable from him. There are plenty of other custom cable makers who have inventory they can ship out right away or at worst make and deliver within a few weeks.

I'm not sure when I will receive it. I am sure it will show up in the next couple of months when I least expect it. It's too bad because he makes very nice cables, and I like supporting small/local US businesses, but I just can't wait 4 months for a custom cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back