Ursine Audio
Mar 19, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #16 of 39
I ordered a headphone cable from him in late November 2018. It's been over 15 weeks and I still don't have it or any shipping confirmation. His current lead times are listed on his website at 12 - 16 weeks. He had created a USPS shipping label tracking# to ship my cable but every time I check it says it is waiting to be dropped off at USPS.
I finally had him refund my money.

Mar 20, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #17 of 39
This sucks! Really bummed to hear this. I even offered to help him fulfill his orders. I’m pretty good with an iron and told him if he were to give me his supplier info I would help him build these cables. Essentially going into business with him. I would have made the cables I ordered on my own had I known it was going to take so long I was just being lazy plus my wife was looking for an additional Christmas gift for me. I hope everything is okay with the guy and or his family. I think a little transparency would go a long way for him and his customers.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #18 of 39
I ordered a headphone cable from him in late November 2018. It's been over 15 weeks and I still don't have it or any shipping confirmation. His current lead times are listed on his website at 12 - 16 weeks. He had created a USPS shipping label tracking# to ship my cable but every time I check it says it is waiting to be dropped off at USPS.

Last time I heard from him was January 25th, 2019. He apologized for the delay and told me the last couple months have not gone as he would have liked and was sorry my order was caught up in this. He said it would be in the mail by the next Monday.

Well February has come and gone, March is now here and still no cable. I have e-mailed him several more times since late January and haven't received any additional responses from him.

I have one IEM cable from him that's really nice quality which also took a long time to deliver.

I realize he's a one man show, but his lead times for me are unacceptable. I will not be ordering another cable from him. There are plenty of other custom cable makers who have inventory they can ship out right away or at worst make and deliver within a few weeks.

I'm not sure when I will receive it. I am sure it will show up in the next couple of months when I least expect it. It's too bad because he makes very nice cables, and I like supporting small/local US businesses, but I just can't wait 4 months for a custom cable.

I’m in the same boat. Ordered as a gift for myself back in November when wait times were “4-8 weeks”. It’s now been 16 weeks. Months ago (January) he emailed me about ordering the custom color I wanted, and which side of the cable I wanted which color etc. I have had no further communication since and no updates to the tracking number. Two check in emails have gone unanswered. I’m $145 to nothing right now.

It would be nice if he had a head fi thread where he posted updates or something. I can only imagine how many other people are like “huh?” right now.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #19 of 39
I have also looked into Ursine cables for my Sennheiser HD6XX and 58X. But I don't want to order if it's going to take about half a year to receive them. My question is if his cables are as popular as it seems why doesn't he hire help to get the cable orders finished faster?

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #20 of 39
I have also looked into Ursine cables for my Sennheiser HD6XX and 58X. But I don't want to order if it's going to take about half a year to receive them. My question is if his cables are as popular as it seems why doesn't he hire help to get the cable orders finished faster?

Ursine cables are good, they really are. But, honestly, they are nothing special. The build, the price, the materials are all pretty standard. Nothing wrong with that. But, if you throw in what are becoming alarming wait times, I would look somewhere else. For Sennheisers, I would check out Periapt. They make great cables (though slightly too heavy) and they shipped mine much faster than any other custom cable I've ordered. Faster by several weeks most of the time. Given that they've been pimped by Zeos or a while, they seem to know how to handle the volume.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #21 of 39

Ah, one of the great cosmic mysteries. To which I can only reply, Moloch knows.... ;o)

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #22 of 39
No idea. Seems like common sense to me. My families small businesses used to have two employees. Demand scaled, we opened two separate shops and have seven employees. Bam. Multi million dollar company. Seems like a no-brainer.

May 7, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #23 of 39
I am going on 6 months from the time I ordered from him. I too received an email in January 2019 stating his apology etc. He offered my money back but I decided no, I was going to wait. I emailed him last week saying 6 months is unacceptable and I would like my money back. I. The meantime I ordered a custom cable from Mimic for my Sennheiser 660 HD and had them in about 4 weeks.

I will not be ordering anything from Ursine and unfortunately, I probably won’t get my money back. Just a heads-up to anyone looking at ordering from Ursine.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #24 of 39
NO WORD YET...

Order Date
January 04, 2019
1:31 PM
Order Number
#uYI6
bEFGXgeWzvRUwS4rhwEYD3oUeOuIpXon3j2fWBmRSf2rhHHJLR0ZljFp0KGIKvssk8luJIscDJejf7_pQe1ZzNPLh88z_M3Kw_CpQ8RSxLTrpa0aQUp20Fy2RN6PvsvMDZkSncaAh2eX1ZqqrNapHHI3Cru3UMUqrW98pIeRtLVCbNAVN53kP3G8hVS2nL8-Cb_5GMvU0muyuJBXl_gcpRDmYXTJamL_721sDdltusLGndT9uK776ZEyZle8L8d6gdzIAQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Premium sleeved braided cable $99.00
Regular
UA polar polished nickel steel +$25.00
Focal/Hifiman 3.5mm mono +$10.00
Imperial Red Diamond
4 ft
Neutrik XLR (4 pin male)
Diamonds

Subtotal $134.00
Shipping $5.00
Tax $0.00

Total $139.00

Order Confirmation
Thanks for your purchase! Your order details are listed below. You'll receive an email when your order has been shipped.

May 8, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #25 of 39
@torii that is insane. 17 weeks and still no indication of when you might get it. I’d be so torn. Do I wait out the month or so that it might further take him to finally get it made or do I just give up and go with someone else (where it might take another 1 to 2 months)

Really unacceptable though. I was thinking about going with him since I really like the thick single stranded style of his cables, makes for a real clean look, plus he uses quality occ copper litz cabling, but not after reading the state of his turnaround times. If I order now, maybe I’d get it by the end of the year? Who knows.

It’s unfortunate that a lot of the really quality single-manned cabling operations seem to succumb to overwhelming demand. This happened to BestInTheVerse, who made my last cable. Mine took about 6 weeks, which isn’t awful, but eventually his lead times stretched and stretched until he closed up shop. You’d think if they had this kinda demand they’d hire someone, if even part time, to help. Hell, pay someone $40 a month to post realistic updates and feedback to a discussion thread so people feel like they haven’t just been scammed!

Good luck with resolving this, whatever the outcome may be. I’m taking my business elsewhere, so you at least helped save someone else!

May 8, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #26 of 39
Cancel and go with Periapt if you just need a cable. They have been the quickest in terms of sale-to-delivery that I've experienced, and their quality is very good. If you are eager for a custom look to your cable, you'll likely end up waiting a month or more no matter who you buy from. Personally, I would get a refund from Ursine before that is no longer an option at all.

I feel your pain here, torii. I pre-ordered a Trinity IEM years ago and, after waiting around a year for it, discovered that they simply took everyone's money, delivered only a handful of IEMs, and folded up shop to start a new IEM company. Many, many of us were left empty-handed and lighter in the wallet. Don't let that happen to you. That Ursine guy seems like a nice, honest person, but you just never know.

May 9, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #28 of 39
@Pilot370 that’s unacceptable, and most importantly so disappointing. You have done more than your due diligence trying to get in touch and to get NO response? Don’t know how much you spent on your cable but you could consider small claims court if he continuously refuses to either produce a product or refund you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I’m really glad I checked this thread, going to take my business elsewhere, good luck!

May 24, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #29 of 39
To add another datapoint, I own 3 of Jarrod's cables and ordered an extension cable in Feb and rec'd a shipping notification/tracking number on Apr 28. A month later and USPS still lists the shipment as "label created, USPS awaiting item". Three emails requesting a status update on the shipping have gone unanswered and as of today his website is gone.

It's too bad because the cables I do have a great and Jarrod has always been responsive in the past. I hope he's ok, but I just disputed the transaction...

May 24, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #30 of 39
To add another datapoint, I own 3 of Jarrod's cables and ordered an extension cable in Feb and rec'd a shipping notification/tracking number on Apr 28. A month later and USPS still lists the shipment as "label created, USPS awaiting item". Three emails requesting a status update on the shipping have gone unanswered and as of today his website is gone.

It's too bad because the cables I do have a great and Jarrod has always been responsive in the past. I hope he's ok, but I just disputed the transaction...

I just received an email from Ursine. Apparently he had health issues at the end of last year and is just now back to his business. Anyone with dealings with him, either now or in the past, should have received a copy of this. As for his website, Square took it down with no notice, no explanation, and no communication after the fact. Remember this when you consider buying anything from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back