Uplifting Trance reccomendations
Nov 30, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #391 of 560
Wouldn't be the first time. I'm no seasoned reviewer so my opinion are my own. Plus I've not had the HD650s for long auditions and only tried the DT990s very briefly so my impressions are what sticks with me. So take it with a truck load of salt. But I have auditioned the HD650s quite a few times, so much so that I refuse to listen to them when I have an opportunity to try other cans because I like its sound signature so much that I will waste my time listening to them instead of trying the rest. One day when I have enough expendable cash to justify purchasing a HD650 and an amp to go with it, I will get them and will probably be finished with my Head-Fi journey. Till then though...
biggrin.gif

It'll never finish because you will hear something better and will want that. I thought I was finished by buying the HE500s, now after the HD800 and Master 9 and a TOTL DAC to come I thought I was finished but I'm still to really try out tube amps. This is a disease. I need to get off this forum. 
basshead.gif

Nov 30, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #392 of 560
  It'll never finish because you will hear something better and will want that. I thought I was finished by buying the HE500s, now after the HD800 and Master 9 and a TOTL DAC to come I thought I was finished but I'm still to really try out tube amps. This is a disease. I need to get off this forum. 
basshead.gif

That's exactly why I'm not saving up to buy the HD650. It's my "end of the line" can. I've tried other better cans like the HD800 but the HD650 is really as far as I'm willing to go and because the sound signature is perfect for me. I feel like if I rush into getting the HD650 I would still crave for more, so I'm planning to starve my headphone obsession for a while, well at least until I earn enough to splurge.

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #393 of 560

That's exactly why I'm not saving up to buy the HD650. It's my "end of the line" can. I've tried other better cans like the HD800 but the HD650 is really as far as I'm willing to go and because the sound signature is perfect for me. I feel like if I rush into getting the HD650 I would still crave for more, so I'm planning to starve my headphone obsession for a while, well at least until I earn enough to splurge.

Well, kudos on at least having a plan. Good luck with it!

Btw, another favorite trance headphone for me are the vintage Sony V7's (actually, they are one of my favorites for everything). So you would they would quell my thirst for any other headphones. Nope - they just are only making me lust over the Sony 7520's lol.

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #398 of 560
more progressive house but leaning on trance is Blue Harvest.

give "white sand" a listen, it's pretty awesome

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #399 of 560
"white sand" reminds me of Sunlounger/Roger Shah (same). Now its called something like "balearic trance" however chill versions are very good if not better. Enjoy (if in the mood). 

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #404 of 560
Got the We Are All We Need CD from Above & Beyond, it sounds a lot like how I pictured. It's a much different style than Group Therapy, it also seems that they dropped Richard Bedford for Alex Vargas. Also, two new songs with Justine Suissa & Gemma Hayes.

And guess who else is coming out with a new Album?

They've been pioneering the House Sound (in my opinion) for awhile, so I'm very interested to hear what they come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back