Upgrade path for a Grado fan?
Aug 24, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #16 of 69

Quote:
I actually think the Audio Technica AD2000 would be perfect for you then.  It just lacks the insane sparkle that Grados have. Don't completely take my word for it. There's plenty of opinions of AD2000s here. I prefer it far more than the RS1s. It has more natural vocals. Not even close IMO, and there is plenty of bass. The RS1's shrill highs are brought to more realistic levels, but are still bright on the AD2000.

Then again, the Denons are COMPLETELY different. I owned for a few months and sold them due to their recessed mids, but I really miss them. I might purchase another one. Amazing soundstage, bass impact, and bass quality. The mids were not terribly recessed, but I was craving mid emphasis back then. Overall very refined sound

Still trollin I see. Didn't we admonish you on the other thread.

Now back on topic " GRADO HEADPHONES "....sheesh...

The best sweet spots IMO are: SR80i then the SR225i and finally the RS1s (amongst the best cans for rock and metal....pretty much the going wisdom on Head-fi and I completely agree. Don't pay too much attention to "Mr. Wind016"....he has been pretty much accepted as one of the few trolls here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #20 of 69

Quote:
I noticed a lot of dumb statements but it didn't realize he was generally accepted as a troll
thanks

I would use the "Search" feature and the word Grado in the title...he usually gets admonished on every thread he posts.

WRT Grados, I have my RS1is right now and Kid Rock's Rock N Roll Jesus and these do keep up with my other much more expensive headphones.

As Audio Technicas go, the ONLY ones that I would recommend are the W1000X....but for their new price, the D7000s can be had for used and are a big step up.

Aug 24, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #22 of 69

Quote:
If you love the SR-60, then you might want to think about saving up and going directly for a RS-1. I know they cost a bit, but most enthusiasts end up with a RS-1 in the end. You'll save money going directly for one instead of hopping around with other models.

My experience exactly.  Unlike Denons, each upgrade has pretty noticeable improvements.  From experience, I found SR60 < SR225 << HF-1 << RS-1.

Aug 25, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #23 of 69
Seriously now, this is getting ridiculous. What have I said that is considered trolling? There is a difference between "being admonish" and just ignoring about the arrogant. I told him to look at other reviews. My opinion is always MY opinion, smart guy; as I have so bluntly stated. If he was serious about spending hundreds of dollars on a headphone, he'd research more than just reading one post from one guy with relatively low posts.

There's not a single headphone that I have not criticized, so seriously... stop getting offended.  You are the only one going around calling me a troll because I offend your Grados

EDIT: typo Also, I did not consider the D7000 to be a "big step up." W1000X and D7000 are not easily comparable. D7000 has recessed mids. The W1000X has mids heavily pronounced. Preference of FR is the deciding factor.

Quote:
Still trollin I see. Didn't we admonish you on the other thread.

Now back on topic " GRADO HEADPHONES "....sheesh...

The best sweet spots IMO are: SR80i then the SR225i and finally the RS1s (amongst the best cans for rock and metal....pretty much the going wisdom on Head-fi and I completely agree. Don't pay too much attention to "Mr. Wind016"....he has been pretty much accepted as one of the few trolls here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #25 of 69

Quote:
Well, I followed the trend and got me a sr-60i..well...now I'm hooked! They could have less harsh highs, they could be comfier, they could be made of solid gold 
wink_face.gif
 but they're amazing phones and I find myself wanting that amazing Grado sound whenever I hear music, and I want to get deeper into the hifi world

That said, I'm not sure which one to grab! 
confused_face_2.gif
 Right now I'm looking at the sr225(i) for my birthday next month and a udac for christmas (or maybe LD Q v2 if it's out) but I've read that the ms1(i) is comparable and at half the price it seems like a deal comparable to the sr-60i's value. The problem is will an ms1 be enough of a bump to satisfy the hifi fever for more than a couple weeks? Is it really comparable to the sr225 at that high price point?

edit: favorite genres are rock, metal, and electronica

I see you're using a Fuze......rockbox that sucker, for its world-class EQ, then follow Uncle Erik's advice and stick with the SR-60i's for a while and save up for a higher-end model, like an HF-2 or RS-1. I've been loving my SR60i's for over a year now, and haven't felt the need to move up the line yet. Would I like to someday? Yes....but the 60i's are great already, so I am content for now.

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #26 of 69

Quote:
Seriously now, this is getting ridiculous. What have I said that is considered trolling? There is a difference between "being admonish" and just ignoring about the arrogant. I told him to look at other reviews. My opinion is always MY opinion, smart guy; as I have so bluntly stated. If he was serious about spending hundreds of dollars on a headphone, he'd research more than just reading one post from one guy with relatively low posts.

There's not a single headphone that I have not criticized, so seriously... stop getting offended.  You are the only one going around calling me a troll because I offend your Grados

EDIT: typo Also, I did not consider the D7000 to be a "big step up." W1000X and D7000 are not easily comparable. D7000 has recessed mids. The W1000X has mids heavily pronounced. Preference of FR is the deciding factor.

Obviously you did not read the "troll" definition I included. This is indeed trolling...sorry dude.

Please read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

This thread title is talking about the upgrade path for Grado. Not Audio Technicas (which again, I really would never recommend except the W1000X). You've stated your thoughts...we ALL know your thoughts...now your are sounding as Frank I put it "a broken record". If you have something to offer of substance, please do...otherwise please go back under your bridge.

With regards to your admonishment, do you want me to link that thread here?
wink_face.gif

Aug 25, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #27 of 69
The recommendation to look for more AD2000 reviews was not directed towards the OP, but someone else that asked me right on this thread. I couldn't care less about offending your Grados. I was just using a comparison. I find A shrill. I find B less shrill. That way he can guess what I hear. K? Cool... moving along...

PS. I won't mind seeing your private messages to me again LOL

Quote:
Obviously you did not read the "troll" definition I included. This is indeed trolling...sorry dude.

Please read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

This thread title is talking about the upgrade path for Grado. Not Audio Technicas (which again, I really would never recommend except the W1000X). You've stated your thoughts...we ALL know your thoughts...now your are sounding as Frank I put it "a broken record". If you have something to offer of substance, please do...otherwise please go back under your bridge.

With regards to your admonishment, do you want me to link that thread here?
wink_face.gif

Aug 25, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #28 of 69

Quote:
The recommendation to look for more AD2000 reviews was not directed towards the OP, but someone else that asked me right on this thread. I couldn't care less about offending your Grados. I was just using a comparison. I find A shrill. I find B less shrill. That way he can guess what I hear. K? Cool... moving along...

PS. I won't mind seeing your private messages to me again LOL

BTW, PM is to keep this offline so others don't need to read it because it takes away from the thread. Something you don't mind doing, but I do.

Aug 25, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #29 of 69

Quote:

I think someone needs to read Gatto's  sig.

aaanyway, I tried Rockbox but I didn't notice any sound difference, I don't like to EQ, and I don't like how it sorts songs by filename rather than the tagged title

Aug 25, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #30 of 69

BTW, PM is to keep this offline so others don't need to read it because it takes away from the thread. Something you don't mind doing, but I do.

Um... Ur PM was "i make more money than you so shut up about Grados. Imma block u now even tho i sent the first and only PM" I know your psychological tactics. Make someone seem untrustworthy right away, makin their candor actions seem disingenuous. At least what i said was a little relevant unlike ur PM. Now lets move on, i dont want to feed your need to quarrel with those that dont agree with you
Ps: luvs2 u just completely missed the point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back